149 replies to this topic

#136 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

its such a shame that everyone in this band turned into complete douches as soon as they started to get big. they have the biggest fucking egos and i cant stand them, and yet this intro/chorus riff is one of the sickest and unique sounding things ive ever heard come out of any bands in this genre. (skip to 1:02 for the song)

I saw them live and the bass player was so fucking annoying and full of himself it really made me lose respect for them because of their personalities. 

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#137 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

lets kick their asses
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#138 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

haha is anyone surprised?  And is this even a new thing?  I thought it was the case since the beginning, "these guys look super annoying but the music rules"

Actually I just read through the thread and I forgot how much theshizz loves/hates Polyphia hahaha

#139 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

its such a shame that everyone in this band turned into complete douches as soon as they started to get big. they have the biggest fucking egos and i cant stand them, and yet this intro/chorus riff is one of the sickest and unique sounding things ive ever heard come out of any bands in this genre. (skip to 1:02 for the song)

I saw them live and the bass player was so fucking annoying and full of himself it really made me lose respect for them because of their personalities. 

DUDE. i know exactly what you mean. bass player is such a fuckhead and has literally the most awkward stage presence I've ever seen at a show. like, i got second-hand embarrassment watching him on stage from hundreds feet back and literally left to go to the bar. ive pretty much stopped listening to them cause i just can't stand their attitudes at all

haha is anyone surprised?  And is this even a new thing?  I thought it was the case since the beginning, "these guys look super annoying but the music rules"

Actually I just read through the thread and I forgot how much theshizz loves/hates Polyphia hahaha

its not a new thing but its like amazing that it continues to get worse. like i used to keep up with them because i liked their tunes and they display such a clear trend of increasing douchery with every single song, video, interview, etc they put out

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#140 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

Haha I am soooooo happy to hear other people think they’re douchebags too.

#141 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

I just want to say that this thread is a HUGE relief. I've had major love/hate with their abilities, but every interview and interaction was garbage. A close friend works monitors and FOH at a lot of local venues, and he got to work with them on a recent tour, and confirmed what wr all thought: total dicks.

Not just a "hey we're kind of young and awkward and possibly adjusting to a spike in popularity" but full on rude as all hell. This has been confirmed by other venue-friends. So I guess the Lord giveth ability and taketh away common decency?

birthdaytheband.bandcamp.com

#142 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

their mix is always such trash when i hear them live too. i hope its because the FOH people fuck it up on person since theyre assholes

#143 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:48 PM

lololol.......yes.....the mix is bad...for that one band......

(I saw them live once and the sound was pretttty good.  I've seen many, mannnny bands live many times, where sound was bad because......???)

#144 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

I’m a little surprised by that since the sound on their last few records is immaculate

But also they have to play a billion literally impossible guitar parts so maybe shitty sound smooths out the illusion

#145 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

That band, along with most bands of this genre (YouTube Gear demos to relax/study to) are just Shitty Chon!!! Who cares if they’re dicks because all of their shit sounds like the Chon they would play in Marshall’s cus they don’t wanna license real Chon.

This classification doesn’t include artists like Varra and Myrone. They’re basically the new generation of fusion shredders.

eKawlATs.jpg

#146 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

THIS band like if Forever 21 tried to clone Guthrie Govan!!!!!

eKawlATs.jpg

#147 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

I hung out with CHON once and they were cool as hell

Their top priority was getting the new Mario Kart because it had come out that day

#148 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

That band, along with most bands of this genre (YouTube Gear demos to relax/study to) are just Shitty Chon!!! Who cares if they’re dicks because all of their shit sounds like the Chon they would play in Marshall’s cus they don’t wanna license real Chon.

This classification doesn’t include artists like Varra and Myrone. They’re basically the new generation of fusion shredders.

This made me genuinely chuckle, hahaha. 

I hung out with CHON once and they were cool as hell

Their top priority was getting the new Mario Kart because it had come out that day

They are the sweetest boys, and they embody their jams pretty well. I remember watching a rig rundown with them and they had the most Garth "I like to play" reaction when asked about their signature Ibanez's 

birthdaytheband.bandcamp.com

#149 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

#150 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

this is probably my favorite guitarist on youtube right now. its just better polyphia without the arrogance

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users