Daaang. Here's a bullietized summary of my thoughts:
- Whole concept is what WiiU should've been. Home console+portable, not just a friggin 2nd screen for ??? reasons
- Loooove the detach the screen from controllers + local multi thing.
- If this thing doesn't need wifi, similar to 3DS local multi that's huge. Portable gaming gets a huge upgrade
- I'd murder a child for a pokemon game on this
- Frame rate on portable zelda seemed low? Just video issues?
- Honestly hard to go on much else here
- Pricing gonna be super important
- Still gonna flop harder than Wii U if they can't start cranking out good system sellers
- Wonder how many controller options are included
- I think the built in controller options + Nintendo brand + "it's meant for gaming" will help it overcome the "just another tablet" issue, but again, depends entirely on the games available. They're gonna need a strong-ass launch, not just "here's Zelda, some zombie game, and some Mario teasers"
- That said, if they don't figure out a proper multiplayer experience similar to Live/PSN I'm gonna fly to Japan and drop kick their building. For a company based on "everyone gaming together", they really, really blow at implementing any sort of good online system and friends list.