700 replies to this topic

#16 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

If your friends invite you to a roof party, don't bring your Mario system around so you can ignore them all night...

Mario Kart also looked new. Item placement, and being able to hold 2 items is not in 8. Neither is Boo.

I'm excited for this. Looks exactly what I want and I don't have to decide between Nintendo's console games and its portable games. I may actually pick this up at launch because Zelda -- unless the cost is more than $350-400

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#17 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

FROM SOFTWARE!!!

This very well could fit under my "must play" category.  

Awwww, fuck, man. Don't make me buy another console just to play 1 game. Dammit.

Posted Image

#18 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

Chibi Dark Souls - Spring 2018

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#19 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

As someone who doesn't care about portability at all, I wonder if they might have a "budget" version without the tablet screen and just ship a box bundled with the pro controller that I can hook up to a tv like a traditional console.

Maybe not at launch, but I could see them having one 6 months later or something. Kind of hoping for one too.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#20 poizon74

poizon74

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

The more I think about this the more I think it'll be a flop.  Zelda looks really badass and if they can get more really cool looking first party titles out quick that will help them sell to Nintendo fans, but it's not going to appeal to the general public. 

Here's what this thing really is, it's a tablet that only plays games.  Doesn't look like it's a touch screen... but maybe?  Has hardware controls, which is nice except you can get great hard controllers for most tablets now anyway.  Now, I know that the new iPad is twice the price but between that and the surface (both of which have a huge plethora of fantastic games already, and both of which can also do much more than just gaming) I don't know who would opt for this thing besides young kids (maybe), hardcore Nintendo fans, or people who just don't mind buying everything.  As someone who owns and iPad I don't know why I would ever want this too, besides playing Zelda.  I've been saying this for a long time about the DS too, I sold mine years ago.  Why would you want a DS when you already have a smart phone?  Smart phones now play so many incredible games, and they also house your music and banking and social media and web browsing and oh yeah, it's a phone too.  

www.differential-productions.com
www.michaelzucker.com
www.facebook.com/michael.zucker

#21 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

While smartphones may have some good games, I know there are many people like me that have no interest in them. I have an iPhone 6 and literally the only game I have on it is Downwell.

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#22 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

I found it off putting that one of the main games that was featured was a 6 year old game. BUT -- the idea of the system itself is pretty cool. 

toopunk2lose.png

#23 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

The more I think about this the more I think it'll be a flop.  Zelda looks really badass and if they can get more really cool looking first party titles out quick that will help them sell to Nintendo fans, but it's not going to appeal to the general public. 

Here's what this thing really is, it's a tablet that only plays games.  Doesn't look like it's a touch screen... but maybe?  Has hardware controls, which is nice except you can get great hard controllers for most tablets now anyway.  Now, I know that the new iPad is twice the price but between that and the surface (both of which have a huge plethora of fantastic games already, and both of which can also do much more than just gaming) I don't know who would opt for this thing besides young kids (maybe), hardcore Nintendo fans, or people who just don't mind buying everything.  As someone who owns and iPad I don't know why I would ever want this too, besides playing Zelda.  I've been saying this for a long time about the DS too, I sold mine years ago.  Why would you want a DS when you already have a smart phone?  Smart phones now play so many incredible games, and they also house your music and banking and social media and web browsing and oh yeah, it's a phone too.  

Because there are a lot of great games on the DS and the DS came out when smart phones were just barely breaking the market.

Nintendo Switch looks really neat. It looks like they took the best of the WiiU and 3DS and mashed them up into a hybrid console. I wonder if this will affect the 3DS? I hope that the price point is the right target (around $250 would be good) because I felt that the WiiU was priced a little too high. It looks like that Nintendo is making more of an effort to get third parties on board; hopefully the come through.

#24 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

I think this system looks amazing - like it was tailor made for my gaming needs. As long as the price is low, I think it will be a home run for the big N and an insta-buy for me.

#25 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

I hated playing games on my phone for the most part. Now all I can play right now is mobile games on my tablet. Oh the irony

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#26 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,730 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

So all of the leaks were right. I'll buy it for the 1st party titles, but I'm betting this thing flops. The general public doesn't want another tablet.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#27 poizon74

poizon74

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

I only just recently got a PS4 and when I first browsed the PS Store I was honestly SHOCKED at how many of those games are also available on my iPhone.  The same games I've seen in the app store for months show up in the PS Store.  Downwell is a great example, but there are so many more

www.differential-productions.com
www.michaelzucker.com
www.facebook.com/michael.zucker

#28 Shoe

Shoe

Official Shizz Naruto Fanscribe

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

Daaang. Here's a bullietized summary of my thoughts:

+1s

- Whole concept is what WiiU should've been. Home console+portable, not just a friggin 2nd screen for ??? reasons

- Loooove the detach the screen from controllers + local multi thing. 

- If this thing doesn't need wifi, similar to 3DS local multi that's huge. Portable gaming gets a huge upgrade

- I'd murder a child for a pokemon game on this

-1s

- Frame rate on portable zelda seemed low? Just video issues? 

- Honestly hard to go on much else here

Random thoughts: 

- Pricing gonna be super important

- Still gonna flop harder than Wii U if they can't start cranking out good system sellers

- Wonder how many controller options are included

- I think the built in controller options + Nintendo brand + "it's meant for gaming" will help it overcome the "just another tablet" issue, but again, depends entirely on the games available. They're gonna need a strong-ass launch, not just "here's Zelda, some zombie game, and some Mario teasers"

- That said, if they don't figure out a proper multiplayer experience similar to Live/PSN I'm gonna fly to Japan and drop kick their building. For a company based on "everyone gaming together", they really, really blow at implementing any sort of good online system and friends list. 

Wizwars, about the bush hogging. Just wet and part my man. Give that bush the Moses treatment and head for the Promised Land.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

#29 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:58 AM

You don't think so? I'd think the general public doesn't want another stationary device tethered to a single TV, but who knows.

I think the single most important factor in whether or not this succeeds is price.

Edit: Whoa, 2 new replies. Mine was to Moony's.

#30 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

As someone who has avoided the consoles since Gamecube, what does this mean for handhelds?

Stupid public computers...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users