650 replies to this topic

#31 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

I hope that controller is bundled with the console and not a separate purchase.

#32 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

I'm betting 300 with system/controllers (not the pro though) and maybe one game (zelda?), but it could be as much as 400 though with game included and pro con.

#33 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

As someone who has avoided the consoles since Gamecube, what does this mean for handhelds?

I think this means handheld gamers are getting a huge upgrade, one that can even double as a console.

I would also expect this to effectively end the DS line.

#34 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,597 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

By huge upgrade, you mean drastic decrease in battery life.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#35 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

Okay.

#36 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

I found it off putting that one of the main games that was featured was a 6 year old game.

Still not sure what this is referring to.

The oldest game I saw was Splatoon and maybe that NBA game (?)

Everything else is new. Mario 3D game, Mario Kart, Zelda.

Edit: Oh you mean Skyrim? Well whatever, people like Skyrim for some reason. It's more of a "third parties are with us" statement then trying to make it a marquee game.

#37 poizon74

poizon74

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

I hope that controller is bundled with the console and not a separate purchase.

HAHAHA yeah right

I'm sure the power adapter is a separate purchase ;)

www.differential-productions.com
www.michaelzucker.com
www.facebook.com/michael.zucker

#38 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

The more I think about this the more I think it'll be a flop.  Zelda looks really badass and if they can get more really cool looking first party titles out quick that will help them sell to Nintendo fans, but it's not going to appeal to the general public. 

Here's what this thing really is, it's a tablet that only plays games.  Doesn't look like it's a touch screen... but maybe?  Has hardware controls, which is nice except you can get great hard controllers for most tablets now anyway.  Now, I know that the new iPad is twice the price but between that and the surface (both of which have a huge plethora of fantastic games already, and both of which can also do much more than just gaming) I don't know who would opt for this thing besides young kids (maybe), hardcore Nintendo fans, or people who just don't mind buying everything.  As someone who owns and iPad I don't know why I would ever want this too, besides playing Zelda.  I've been saying this for a long time about the DS too, I sold mine years ago.  Why would you want a DS when you already have a smart phone?  Smart phones now play so many incredible games, and they also house your music and banking and social media and web browsing and oh yeah, it's a phone too.  

I feel like, by that logic, why would anybody own a game console when they could just get a PC?

#39 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

I feel like, by that logic, why would anybody own a game console when they could just get a PC?

I feel like there are plenty of people who subscribe to that exact logic.

#40 poizon74

poizon74

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

The more I think about this the more I think it'll be a flop.  Zelda looks really badass and if they can get more really cool looking first party titles out quick that will help them sell to Nintendo fans, but it's not going to appeal to the general public. 

Here's what this thing really is, it's a tablet that only plays games.  Doesn't look like it's a touch screen... but maybe?  Has hardware controls, which is nice except you can get great hard controllers for most tablets now anyway.  Now, I know that the new iPad is twice the price but between that and the surface (both of which have a huge plethora of fantastic games already, and both of which can also do much more than just gaming) I don't know who would opt for this thing besides young kids (maybe), hardcore Nintendo fans, or people who just don't mind buying everything.  As someone who owns and iPad I don't know why I would ever want this too, besides playing Zelda.  I've been saying this for a long time about the DS too, I sold mine years ago.  Why would you want a DS when you already have a smart phone?  Smart phones now play so many incredible games, and they also house your music and banking and social media and web browsing and oh yeah, it's a phone too.  

I think the big reason that consoles continue to exist alongside gaming on PCs is that they're just so much simpler.  You just put the game in and play it (with maybe an annoying mandatory download).  With PCs you gotta get the required specs of the game, install it, tweak your settings and hope it plays well.  Also hooking your PC to a TV might be a weird setup for some people.

Now, tablets don't suffer from this in general.  They are damn easy to get compatible games on them and just play immediately and usually without any tweaking whatsoever.

I think PCs are really starting to decline among the general public.  They are being replaced with tablets and smart phones or laptops at least.  Unless you have some very specific need (like my PC is used in my recording studio) I don't think most people go that rout over a tablet or even just a smart phone these days.

www.differential-productions.com
www.michaelzucker.com
www.facebook.com/michael.zucker

#41 theDude.

theDude.

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

Totally. But consoles still sell, regardless. I think there's still a market for handheld game systems for the same reasons.

Edit: that response was to the previous post. I'll respond to yours once I'm not on this shitty mobile phone.

#42 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,452 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

I found it off putting that one of the main games that was featured was a 6 year old game.

Edit: Oh you mean Skyrim? Well whatever, people like Skyrim for some reason. It's more of a "third parties are with us" statement then trying to make it a marquee game.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think that this is the case. I really think 3rd party support has been hurting them the last few console generations. If they can get that back on track, then it will be great, of course. 

toopunk2lose.png

#43 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,868 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

It looks like Skyrim Remastered which, in Nintendo's defense, that game doesn't come out for another week.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#44 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

Looks fucking rad to me. Even better than I imagine the NX. I want it bad. I hope I'll have the coin around launch time. I like playing my Wii U off-screen, chilling on the couch with my wife, and this looks like I'll be able to keep this going.

I don't know howuch I'd take it outside the home. Maybe if some sort of protection for the screen is available.
BRAINMEAT - My original metal album on Bandcamp (free)
[size=2]SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#45 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I don't care at all about the portability aspect of it BUT if it has the games I want to play, I'll get it, because that's really the only thing that matters, just like I did with the PS4. I bought that for Bloodborne alone and I will definitely buy this for a new Zelda AND Mario AND MARIO KART so it's already getting my money. I heard it was going to be 300 a week or so ago, don't know if that was legit information or just speculation but hopefully that's true; would be a nice price point. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users