#3781 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

HCkHYNB.jpg

Philly came out today to show there’s no room for the Alt-Right and Fascists. this shit has worked against Milo and Richard Spencer. the more they’re shown they’re out numbered, the less of a threat they become.

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#3782 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:59 PM

There was a protest today I was debating about attending, but my wheelchair wasn't plugged in overnight so that didn't happen

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#3783 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

from what I've seen and heard, you probably made the right call not going. seems like it got a lot rowdier than the Philly one. Didn't seem like the type of situation you'd want to be in with low battery. bummer you couldn't make it though...but unfortunately I'm sure there will be plenty more protests in the future since we live in a hellworld haha

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#3784 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

Private voting is riggable.

We need public voting to prevent fraud.

Maybe theres a blockchain solution where one could verify ones by a serial tag everyone gets instead of names or identity theft info, and all votes could be tallied from this public ledger.

First past the post is a messed up system too, you can repeatedly get governed by first places losers.

#3785 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

Maybe theres a blockchain solution where one could verify ones by a serial tag everyone gets instead of names or identity theft info, and all votes could be tallied from this public ledger.

First past the post is a messed up system too, you can repeatedly get governed by first places losers.

Not quite sure what you mean by private and public voting?

#3786 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

Screen-Shot-2018-04-09-at-3.33.18-PM.png

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3787 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Today is a good day

Dv_bJFpWsAEGuoB.jpg

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3788 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

So Trump denies climate change yet is working to build sea walls around his foreign properties.

Hmmmmmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

So the Doomsday clock seems to get closer to midnight whenever republicans are in office (and Clinton?) Not a perfect pattern but it makes ya wonder, if we're at 2 minutes in 2018 and we're definitely going to need to advance it despite not being on the brink of nuclear war. Will they go a full minute while Trump is in office or do it in increments? Reputable scientists are saying we have 3 election cycles to drastically reduce our emissions or I'll be enjoying the apocalypse with saltwater in my backyard.... anyways that's a lot of years to split 2 minutes into. The amount of refugees generated by rising sea levels and the violence and strife that could generate would just be bananas. Even liberals will be crying for a wall twice as high if there is 15 more years of inaction on climate change, ouch.

#3789 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

All my ballots have been secret, if someone tampered with it I have no way of tracing my ballot and determining if it was counted as what I cast.
Without seeing a tally of all individual votes and allowing individuals to verify theirs how can we be sure that tampering isn't happening?
During the last recession 4 friends all living under one roof got jobs at the polls, at the same centre, what do you need to steal an election? like 6 people in cahoots at a polling centre? I don't know if that means our democracy is broken but it's hella fragile.
By the same token a small band of conspirators could paralyze a polling center by taking a booth and then refusing to get up and have their accomplices come in about the same time, work their way into the booths as real voters leave before anyone confronts the first squatter..,, most polling centers I have been to only have a half dozen booths.

edit: so anyhow if the ballots were tampered with, but were posted with serials and you had a receipt it would require exposing your identity to call out the tampering, but by the same token false allegations of fraud could spark fruitless investigations and slow things down, I guess taking a photo of your ballot and presenting that in event of error or fraud would tidy up that problem.

Here's an article that mentions discrepancies in exit polling. What explains the difference otherwise? Trolling or lying or something that isn't fraud? Incomplete data with a margin of error I guess.

https://www.inc.com/...ote-totals.html

#3790 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Obligatory:

#3791 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

All my ballots have been secret, if someone tampered with it I have no way of tracing my ballot and determining if it was counted as what I cast.
Without seeing a tally of all individual votes and allowing individuals to verify theirs how can we be sure that tampering isn't happening?
During the last recession 4 friends all living under one roof got jobs at the polls, at the same centre, what do you need to steal an election? like 6 people in cahoots at a polling centre? I don't know if that means our democracy is broken but it's hella fragile.
By the same token a small band of conspirators could paralyze a polling center by taking a booth and then refusing to get up and have their accomplices come in about the same time, work their way into the booths as real voters leave before anyone confronts the first squatter..,, most polling centers I have been to only have a half dozen booths.

edit: so anyhow if the ballots were tampered with, but were posted with serials and you had a receipt it would require exposing your identity to call out the tampering, but by the same token false allegations of fraud could spark fruitless investigations and slow things down, I guess taking a photo of your ballot and presenting that in event of error or fraud would tidy up that problem.

Here's an article that mentions discrepancies in exit polling. What explains the difference otherwise? Trolling or lying or something that isn't fraud? Incomplete data with a margin of error I guess.

https://www.inc.com/...ote-totals.html

Exit polls are not exactly an indicator of voter fraud.

https://www.ft.com/c...f4-c742b9791d43
https://www.npr.org/...-election-night

I agree that voting machines could be more secure and provide a paper trail. But there are other ways to voter fraud and it still isn't widespread and it is caught:

https://www.washingt...m=.2daca062e912

#3792 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Given that somebody might steal the office that you can start World War III from, the voting process better be airtight. There can be no room for doubt, I don't want to wander if I'm living in the bizarro beta universe like some Philip K Dick alternative history.

#3793 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Given that somebody might steal the office that you can start World War III from the voting process better be airtight. There can be no room for doubt, I don't want to wander if I'm living in the bizarro beta universe like some Philip K Dick alternative history.

That's why we need strong voting rights for everyone. Strong oversight on elections and to actually hold people accountable. And then there's social media and Super PACs which allow companies and individuals to spend an unlimited amount of money on elections and they don't even have to disclose it.

Honestly, worrying about what four roommates could hypothetically do to an election is the least of the worries when there is already so much done to influence and steal elections.

Lest we forget that Bush was given the presidency by the Supreme Court? Or that other elections have literally been decided by a coin toss?

The election system in the US suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks so, so, so much.

You're on the right track for worrying about the elections, just focused in the wrong area. Or at least giving too much emphasis to something that is very small in the grand scheme.

#3794 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

I think the traceable votes would put the exit polling issue to rest for sure because right now it's not concrete. The issue is that when things are neck and neck, taking one polling centre can be the difference between who ends up in office, and advance polling and previous voting histories can pinpoint which polling stations could be nudged one way or another to accomplish this. My friends should have been assigned to different polling centres, and I doubt that scrutiny is much better on your side of the border either. I just did a background check with equifax for a crypto exchange and they had dredged up all my old addresses, employers and phone numbers in a matter of seconds, if basic stuff like current address and previous employers or previous polling experience was compared it could be made sure that family and known associates don't get the opportunity to work alone in the same polling stations, it's just due diligence and it doesn't seem like it is  being done.

#3795 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Try this idea out, if a bunch of people were to spoil their ballots or sign in but not put their ballot into the box and the polling center comes up with a different number of votes at the end of the day than they had people check in... what do they do in this situation? I think they just have to assume it was done by individuals and procede with whatever is left and if the margin of error is acceptable there won't be a revote, they do recounts, but if you're recounting tampered ballots that isn't any help, people do spoil ballots, without being omnipotent how can they conclude if the ballots were spoiled by individual voters or by a conspirator?, ballots in Canada are folded, not secured with tamper evident seals, so someone with access to the box can remove or spoil votes selectively for a particular candidate.
Everything should be recounted by default and the numbers should come up exactly the same each time, that recounts often produce differing numbers should be cause for concern. 
Something as important as election results should not be producing differing recount numbers when automatic bill counters can count and sort bills with lower margins of error. They manage to count marked sheets with fewer problems than elections have had.
Maybe we should be voting with weighted tokens of a fixed density instead of papers, they are only weighed not handled for counting. Voters can verify continuity seeing their token placed into a container that has no lapses in chain of custody and as it goes in it could get painted or marked so that it can't be removed and replaced into an opposing choice without indicating that tampering has occurred. 
Make all the containers glass and get rid of the privacy curtains, eliminate any opportunities, but now we're voting in front of each other...
We'll all just have to vote while wearing burkas or hijabs or halloween masks after getting our ID's verified.
Sleep deprivation is a strange muse.

edit adding links https://en.wikipedia...lection_results Wikipedia of close election results.
 https://www.scytl.co...-Elections1.pdf Tamper proof online voting is something these progressive nations acknowledge is possible
BC a region with straight up genocidal criminal politics. 
https://elections.bc...ssion-Paper.pdf They just say that anonymous online voting is fraud prone and give up there.
https://www.abcoffic...s-100-accurate/ a piece on the reliability of bill counters.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users