3833 replies to this topic

#3826 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

I don’t really bother reading veggie’s responses as my eyes just kind of glaze over between the lack of self awareness and smugness of it, so any time I respond to him it’s just a general disavowel of misc shitty beliefs that I gleam from skimming them.

Anyway here’s an interesting video about how edgy humor and repeating shit about strengthening borders or shit like “foreigners stay in hotels while own own die in the street” (and yet you don’t question the housing market or any of the systematic causes of homelessness 🤔) contributes to the likelihood of domestic terrorism happening as it has factually happened in the past:

eKawlATs.jpg

#3827 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Regarding Europe being real, well, in my life I have never really been there, so it's really surprising to see people mentioning it all the time online. I know people that have read about it in books, or have trinkets that they claim were made there, but other than that... nothing comes to mind.

RZvLSAj.jpg

Cheers!

eKawlATs.jpg

#3828 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

I went to an evening lecture free to public at SFU recently about the Jokes of the Alt-Right and how memes are used to dehumanize and create exo-groups which is part of a process, among other likes economic collapse and other prompts to internal class warfare, enables people to be violent or discriminatory... They're concerned that memes that are misinformation have already altered election results.

This sort of stuff is stunningly recent in Canadian history. Worse, there's an effort to suppress and obscure the issue.
https://topdocumenta...ocide/#comments

Unrepentant: Kevin Arnett and Canadas genocide

Here's a link where someone finds an apparent libel attempt at the guy.
https://gumshoenews....l-kevin-annett/

So Paris has been rioting since October and that doesn't hit the TV news but Notre Dame burns and look at all the attention, and the financial support, though the church has a literal vault of gold and jewels... I have been to Notre Dame, on a french immersion class trip.
They say the fire was an accident but, they say nothing about rioting... so maybe somebody is actually concerned about the complicitness of the church in human rights abuse and genocide and attempts at revising history. We've got real villains on earth, somebody probably felt like shooting the core.

startrekanimated_zpsolyb2v0x.gif

#3829 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

For environmental change, I see change, but I don't expect world catastrophy. There is action needed in specific areas as climate always changes, but the complete makeover of the economy is not something I support.

We're literally in the middle of the sixth mass extinction event since the beginning of life on Earth. That's no coincidence. The way our global economy is structured will lead to nothing short of ecological collapse. The poorest people in the Global South are already experiencing the brunt of these consequences.

The "stolen land" thing to me is a weird concept. I understand natives were here first, but who is the land actually stolen from? Civilization wouldn't be what it is today if it was left to tribes, no? Most of the developement in north and south america was due to colonizations of the the spanish, british and french. It was pretty brutal before we came here, rival warring tribes, human sacrifices, etc. And there were at war with each other. In Quebec's history, we actually partnered with peaceful natives to actually hold off attacks from unpeaceful ones.

The idea that indigenous people were barbarians pre-colonization is both fucked up and ahistorical. Who do you think this narrative benefits if you're trying to say you "don't make explicitly nationalist talking points"? You're literally defending genocide. And how is war between indigenous nations any different than war between European nations? Indigenous societies in pre-Columbian North America were a lot more advanced than you'd think, in many cases much more advanced than their colonizers in terms of things like medical science, agriculture, astronomy, ecology, and social organization/resource distribution.

You should read further than your elementary school history textbook.

#3830 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

CiJxIec.gif

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3831 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

Ben Shapiro's bitch fit = 

d96.jpg

#3832 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

d96.jpg

He fucking lost it. He is such a child. He can't even debate well, that interview gave me liiiife

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3833 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

https://www.vox.com/...eat-rick-reilly

This basically like that episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns was caught cheating at golf except that Trump is both Smithers and Mr. Burns.

#3834 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:23 AM

d96.jpg

He fucking lost it. He is such a child. He can't even debate well, that interview gave me liiiife

I just watched it. Wow. What a baby. 

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users