2877 replies to this topic

#31 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

I was really hoping the headache I had last night was something worse and I wouldn't even wake up this morning. Jokes on me. I guess my timetable moved up.

#32 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

Prince dies. Bowie died. Trump is our new president. Seriously about the only thing going right this year is my fight over GBS. and now with Republicans taking over everything who knows if I will be able to receive the financial support I will need to finish recovering from this.

I would probably be bawling my eyes out if I didn't feel so empty inside

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#33 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:49 AM

Despair is the only word for what I'm feeling. A disgusting bigot of a human being is at the top and has both houses. They can basically do anything they want. I fear for the progress (gay rights, women's rights, etc.) that I have seen. I fear for minorities' potential overall safety due to now-empowered feeling assholes. I fear the country is at a bigger risk of attack due to that fat idiot's big fucking mouth and dick wagging getting us into unnecessary trouble. I fear I live in a less safe country overall. One with a weirdly growing sense of xenophobia.
BRAINMEAT - My original metal album on Bandcamp (free)
[size=2]SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#34 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,697 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

Despair is the only word for what I'm feeling. A disgusting bigot of a human being is at the top and has both houses. They can basically do anything they want. I fear for the progress (gay rights, women's rights, etc.) that I have seen. I fear for minorities' potential overall safety due to now-empowered feeling assholes. I fear the country is at a bigger risk of attack due to that fat idiot's big fucking mouth and dick wagging getting us into unnecessary trouble. I fear I live in a less safe country overall. One with a weirdly growing sense of xenophobia.

My thoughts exactly. I have little doubt that this will be the most regressive 4 years in American history.

But hey, there'll be some job creation when they start building separate drinking fountains again.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#35 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Exactly how I feel. 

toopunk2lose.png

#36 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Annnnd Clinton won the popular vote.

Democracy does not work.

I don't know about that.

It's the electoral college system that seems both outdated and broken.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#37 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

Maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel on that front...Maine has passed statewide ranked choice voting.

http://www.huffingto...4b0aac62484dfb8

#38 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Trump's plans for his first 100 days.

http://www.npr.org/2...-first-100-days

Believe it or not I'm willing to at least try and discuss these calmly and rationally.

#39 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Trump's plans for his first 100 days.

http://www.npr.org/2...-first-100-days

Believe it or not I'm willing to at least try and discuss these calmly and rationally.

There's some good in there but a big NOPE to more drilling. But what do you expect when the future president denies global warming and has an adviser that is a climate denier?

#40 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Cw0WxbZUoAA0tXo.jpg

this is how things would have been projected to go if ONLY people age 18-25 voted.

since we are in uncharted territory with having a civilian assume the presidency, how does it work in terms of making sure he is unentangled (is that even possible with all the pending lawsuits against him) from his personal business interests? does he have to step down from the companies he's affiliated with or anything like that? im sure we'll be hearing about this in the upcoming days more than anything else.

huh1.gif

#41 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

I don't talk politics in real life.

and that is precisely the problem. you can pretend to be apolitical, but especially in this world now, no one IS apolitical. you'reither on the side of something you care about, or something you don't care about or that could destroy you is using you from within,|

if p
eople don't have thenergy to have the conversations about political life in america which has wrought so much havoc in a more productive way, other energies will have those conversations for you, in likely a pretty undesirable way

Pfft, I'm not going to waste any energy having a political discussion with Karl from Accounting, who is absolutely convinced Hillary is a criminal who should have been locked in prison long ago, and believes the women of this country would be earning more money if only they had the balls to ask for it.  I have a life to live and responsibilities to attend to.

sorry frink. i was tired from the headache and hadn't slept in days. didn't mean it condescendingly. it was just a map of how authortarianism foists itself on societies. i have a life i want to live as well, but i don't wanna see people start getting rounded up in the coming years. 

#42 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

He said he was giving control to the Trump Organization to his children but we'll have to see how hands off he really is.

#43 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

An interesting article about the far-right in Europe, which since a Dutch politician in the early 00s changed it, is socially liberal and conservative only in regards to immigration - specifically, that of those from the Middle East = Muslims. Covers a growing Front National party in France and another in Netherlands, and talks about the old Social Democrats fighting these more-right leaning parties since the Netherlands long ago has established social rights people melt down over in the USA like women's reproductive care, gay rights, etc.

France's elections are in May and there's a chance a far-righter could win there:

https://www.theguard...s-new-far-right

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#44 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

https://www.reddit.c..._the_left_that/

#45 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:46 PM

Can you summarize?

edit: I'm just trolling. Please post descriptions of what's with your link, especially when Reddit truncates the URL, AND the URL leads to a slime pit of human shaped garbage. Don't get mad: that's all Reddit URLs.

I'm finding this brand new era of pleasant, magnanimous "give peace a chance" from Trump supporters pretty amusing. Where were all these people before you won? Would we have had such nice, party bridging pleas if Trump had lost in a close race? Where are my "Crooked Hillarys"? Even as Trump sealed his win last night, I heard many "lock her ups". Are you all done with that now?

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users