Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

https://www.reddit.c..._the_left_that/

Can you summarize?

edit: I'm just trolling. Please post descriptions of what's with your link, especially when Reddit truncates the URL, AND the URL leads to a slime pit of human shaped garbage. Don't get mad: that's all Reddit URLs.

I'm finding this brand new era of pleasant, magnanimous "give peace a chance" from Trump supporters pretty amusing. Where was everyone before you won? Would we have had such nice, party bridging pleas if Trump had lost in a close race? Where are my "Crooked Hillarys"? Even as Trump sealed his win last night, I heard many "lock her ups". Are you all done with that now?

Peaceful Trump supporters were there all along but it didn't go with the narrative (still doesn't) so you won't hear about them on CNN.

#47 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

Can you summarize?

edit: I'm just trolling. Please post descriptions of what's with your link, especially when Reddit truncates the URL, AND the URL leads to a slime pit of human shaped garbage. Don't get mad: that's all Reddit URLs.

I'm finding this brand new era of pleasant, magnanimous "give peace a chance" from Trump supporters pretty amusing. Where was everyone before you won? Would we have had such nice, party bridging pleas if Trump had lost in a close race? Where are my "Crooked Hillarys"? Even as Trump sealed his win last night, I heard many "lock her ups". Are you all done with that now?

Peaceful Trump supporters were there all along but it didn't go with the narrative (still doesn't) so you won't hear about them on CNN.

Do you have a kill phrase, or at least a factory reset button? I don't watch or read anything from CNN.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#48 Serena

Serena

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

is this real life?

#49 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

Am I prognosticating too much to say that honorable, peaceful Trump is going to be blockaded at every turn during his term as president by the evil liberal media, despite the GOP controlling the House, Senate and probably the Supreme Court?

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#50 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

"No one is attacking minorites, you autist."

"He isn't an autist, he is a liberal. Only a liberal would say something that stupid."

Ok then.

#51 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Now that the suspense is over. We can see the forces playing us more clearly now.

complex information systems

It's so vital that we get hate and consumerism, the profit motive, sexism, spirtuality and mysticism and superstition, nationalism, any kind of toxic ideology out of the converstaion.

it is in these mythologies that the cycles of violence we continue to repeat are contained in our hearts and minds as cultural artifacts. It is not human nature to destroy it is our nature to evolve and overcome our struggles together. destruction is a force of nature, but so are we. let's start acting like we deserve it.

#52 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Rize, I may not read CNN or many other liberal rags, but as I asked before long ago in this thread - can you please provide a list of links to websites, TV stations, radio stations or national newspapers I can read or watch for unbiased, factual news?

It seems like nearly everything is off limits except certain subreddits and random blogs that I'm not even sure how you find. What are your top 5 daily sources for unbiased political news I can consult, even if it's to compare to ones I already use so I can find the truth somewhere in the middle?

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#53 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,704 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:06 PM

Rize, I may not read CNN or many other liberal rags, but as I asked before long ago in this thread - can you please provide a list of links to websites, TV stations, radio stations or national newspapers I can read or watch for unbiased, factual news?

It seems like nearly everything is off limits except certain subreddits and random blogs that I'm not even sure how you find. What are your top 5 daily sources for unbiased political news I can consult, even if it's to compare to ones I already use so I can find the truth somewhere in the middle?

Same. I know I asked of this too.

#54 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:13 PM

Dude that thread is not really turning out to be a selling point for the crowd you're representing.

No argument, but what do you expect when the left has mistreated and demonized its enemies for so long. A lot of people are pissed. And a lot of these people live in a right wing bubble.

I forgot I was looking at a rising thread not a top thread. usually what happens is the bad shit gets ignored or downvoted so if this gets enough support to hit the front page of the sub, the negative voices will be drowned out. the_donald started out as an extension of /pol but as it's grown it's grown more and more positive and inclusive.

#55 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

Just a reminder that Trump isn't going to be the only problem in this disaster of an Administration.

http://www.cbsnews.c...-womens-health/

Trump’s soon-to-be vice president, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, is a conservative Republican and fierce critic of abortion who championed a restrictive law in his state that bans abortion due to a genetic abnormality of the fetus.

#56 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,402 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

I just really hope I see Donald JOHN Trump opposers capitalize his middle name, the way people were doing it for Barack HUSSEIN Obama  :lol:

#57 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Pence also supports conversion therapy aimed at "curing" LGBT people, including allowing parents to subject their children to it (it's banned in five states and apparently leads to suicide about 50% of the time).  He wants to divert national HIV funding to it.

He and other supporters phrase it with dogwhistles like "changing sexual behavior," but you don't need special organizations to provide normal cognitive-behavioral therapy.  The goal is to get people to suppress being LGBT or kill themselves trying.

Edit: not sure that the linked example of conversion therapy is characteristic of conversion therapy as a whole, but it is an unscientific, ineffective, harmful practice.

#58 Roque

Roque

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

Those of you from the Midwest will remember this thing Pence signed into law:

https://en.wikipedia...n_Act_(Indiana)

#59 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

My wife relies on Planned Parenthood right now because it's an affordable means to get her lady doctor stuff taken care of without having insurance. Eliminating it like some politicians want to do would be awful for so many, many women. I just can't use the word "disgusting" enough to describe these people.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#60 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

An interesting article about the far-right in Europe, which since a Dutch politician in the early 00s changed it, is socially liberal and conservative only in regards to immigration - specifically, that of those from the Middle East = Muslims. Covers a growing Front National party in France and another in Netherlands, and talks about the old Social Democrats fighting these more-right leaning parties since the Netherlands long ago has established social rights people melt down over in the USA like women's reproductive care, gay rights, etc.

France's elections are in May and there's a chance a far-righter could win there:

https://www.theguard...s-new-far-right

One of the more interesting far right developments in Europe was the English Defense League, whose position was that because Islam is inherently anti-liberal, it is their duty as liberal europeans to stop immigration from islamic countries etc.

Very different ideologically from the far right you get on this side of the Atlantic.

Pimps don't commit suicide

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users