#451 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Game #10: Castlevania IV

Castlevania games never really clicked with me. I did play some of them when I was a kid but I never really liked the platforming or how the character moved so I just wanted to play Contra or Mega Man or Mario or Ninja Gaiden; something along those lines instead. Weirdly enough, I got the N64 one when it came out and beat that, making that the first Castlevania game I've ever beat (haha SHAME) UNTIL NOW or whatever...

I did play this a bit before, but only got to like Stage 4 or something; I remembered the rotating room and the Skull Head and some other stuff but all the later stuff was new. I found it to be enjoyable and sort of fun but I still don't really like the platforming and the bosses weren't that great. The game was pretty easy until I hit a little snag mid game and then it kinda ramped up and Stages 8 on up gave me a ton of problems. Lot of bullshit deaths and I did not care for at all, not one little bit that stair section in Stage B. 

Took me 20 minutes to kill Drac and was really really surprised he didn't have 23 forms however I have a feeling that I'm not done because it ended weirdly (unless I'm just misinterpreting that end bit wrong) and then restarted with my lives and score intact, which is common in games and doesn't necessarily mean it's harder but it really seemed like there were more enemies around on Stage 1 so I'm guessing that's hard mode with a real Drac fight tacked on to the already there Drac fight BUT I'm calling that a win for now. Finished off Stage 1 of "hard" then died so will pick up from there later. Probably will try to do one level a day while playing something else. 

Spoiler

#452 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,312 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

There is no new drac fight. You have beaten the game.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#453 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Game #42: Monster Pro Wrestling

I discovered this game pretty recently.

It's a Japan-only release for PC Engine.

And... oh my God... this game is so weird!

As the title suggests, this game is about bizarre mutant monster men grappling in a wrestling ring.

Sounds awesome, right? Well, the game's premise is not the only weird thing about it.

The way you actually play is by selecting your maneuver and pressing a button to stop a rapidly changing number in the corner.

Whichever monster gets the higher number does their move, unless you can tap the button fast enough to move a meter into your favor.

So you don't have much control over what happens and the outcome is mostly down to luck.

It's obviously not that interesting from a gameplay perspective, but the game is quite the spectacle visually.

Here's the monster I chose to play as.

BubwCzC.jpg

I don't know what his name is as the game is mostly in Japanese... so I've just been calling him "Creepy Mushroom Man".

I'm not sure what the plot is exactly, but your goal is to defeat all 15 opponents.

All of them have the same body, but they all have unique heads, color palettes and a number of special attacks.

The roster is pretty diverse: there's a fish man, a mummy, a giant mantis man, a green dude with only half a face, a werewolf, a bird man, a blue ninja guy that looks like Shredder...

There's a ton of different moves and animations in this game.

You have all the usual strikes, grapples and submission holds you'd expect, but there's also really bizarre things like projectiles and magic powers.

All you have to do is deplete your opponents HP until they literally explode!

Oh... did I mention this game is pretty violent?

A lot of moves can make you bleed... or catch fire... you may even get decapitated!

But that's okay, you can stick your head back on... no problem!

Anyway... this is probably the weirdest game I've ever played in my life.

#454 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

There is no new drac fight. You have beaten the game.

Well, that's a bummer. I thought they pulled a Contra III when all the bats except one got incinerated by the sun and in "Hard" that bat would mutate into a giant bat demon monstrosity that you would also have to beat. Guess I don't have to go through it again, thanks for saving me time. 

#455 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Game #43: Cybernator

Got the good ending.

I got and used the Napalm weapon for most of the game, but I found there were a few areas where I had to switch weapons.

Mainly the last auto-scrolling sequence before the final boss; the Napalm weapon doesn't have a fast enough rate of fire to destroy the shutters in time.

This took many tries over several weeks to beat.

Even though I've beat this before, it wasn't really any easier this time.

I'm glad I was able to eventually beat it; it sucked getting so close and losing so many times.

#456 juef

juef

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:51 AM

At this rate Nuttz, you'll make it to 150 before the year's end! :D

#457 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Since I didn't finish Dragon Warrior 2 for the NES challenge, I thought it would be fun to play the SNES remake for this challenge. Liking it so far, just got my boat. Haven't noticed anything too different from the American NES version, except I spotted a bunny girl in the dock town, and I don't think I remember one being in the NES one. If you agree that she is attractive, apparently she fucks you or sucks you off or something. It's kinda awkward. If you turn her down, she'll get bummed out and exclaim "Not another homosexual" which pretty much makes it clear as day what the hell was going on if you accept. Didn't know "puff" was a slang term for sex, thanks Dragon Quest 2 ! 

#458 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Game #44: Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge

Got the good ending and saved Rola.

Warning: This picture is really big!

Spoiler

I promised more Super Scope games, so here's the sequel to Battle Clash.

Metal Combat is a little longer and a fair bit harder... and it's really a noticeable improvement over its predecessor.

It's a lot more fleshed out with more modes and even some unlockables.

I had to continue six times; some of the opponents can be overwhelming if you don't know the extent of their abilities.

However, if anyone gives you trouble and you lose to them a few times, the game will give you hints on how to beat them.

#459 GimmickChris

GimmickChris

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Game #21 - Castlevania: Dracula X! (Best Ending)

Yeah I know, everyone hates this game, and after beating it AND getting Maria in the process, I kind of hate it too. Honestly though it's pretty great, even if Rondo is technically better. I at least prefer the soundtrack on the SNES. Now if only they would have let me use Maria... I love her moves! 

#460 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Game #45: Kirby's Avalanche

Heh... I bought this game today and I've already beat it.

I defeated everyone in Competition mode.

For anyone that doesn't know what this game is, it's one of the many versions of Puyo Puyo: a puzzle game where you match up blobs of varying colors.

This game also came out on the Sega Genesis as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

#461 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,453 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

#5: Gemfire (SNES)

This has been a personal favorite of mine since I was a teenager, but I haven't played a full campaign in a looooooong time. It took 4 nights of staying up past my bedtime to beat it, but I did it. The AI is laughably bad, but I feel like it's not any worse than the AI in a Shining Force or similar game. Underrated soundtrack, nice sprites, and a fair bit of depth make this the best Koei game that I can think of.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#462 GimmickChris

GimmickChris

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

#22: Mega Man 7! 

I beat this one on stream this morning! Technically it's the PS2 Anniversary Collection version, but unlike the previous 6 games, this one is completely un-enhanced, and is just a straight port. There aren't even save-states, ha ha. I REALLY liked the game overall, but there were a few super cheap moments that I felt took away from the overall experience. I was thrilled by how many enhancements you could find in the game :o 

#463 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

I need to try that game some time. When I was a kid that game was ALWAYS rented out at Blockbuster, and in the age of emulation I just entirely forgot to try it. Sounds dope!

eKawlATs.jpg

#464 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,312 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

I remember MM7 Wily being the biggest dick.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#465 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Game #7 : Castlevania: Bloodlines

Meant to make this a weekend where I went through all 16-bit Castlevanias but it didn't pan out that way. Regardless, I got my low-hanging fruit out of the way. This game I've played more than probably any other Sega game short of Sonic 3&K and it's certainly my most-played Castlevania. I've been slowly working my way towards some Lecarde speed goals with it; had a really great stage 3 this run and a particularly shitty stage 4 with everything else being pretty standard. My hope is to start nailing consistent sub-45 runs soon and work my way to a respectable sub-40 PB sometime this year.

I still contend this has the more brutal boss gauntlet of the Castlevanias. (SCV4 has the more brutal trek to the final boss gauntlet, though Stage 6 Bloodlines is far from a cakewalk.)

A82q59t.jpg

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

What are you up to, oh sunshine of satanic warmth?

Original Sound Version . com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users