470 replies to this topic

#466 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

I remember MM7 Wily being the biggest dick.

I got into the habit of hitting him with Thunder Strike as soon as his craft appears, then getting off a Freeze Cracker before he vanishes. It's very tedious, but also very safe because T Strike keeps him from summoning those homing energy balls.

Doesn't the AC version of MM7 have really bad slowdown in some places? I thought I remembered that being an issue that the original game didn't have.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#467 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Game #46: Yoshi's Safari

Finished the game without dying and a score of 861,450 points.

CPIZQgH.jpg

Yes, another Super Scope game.

This will likely be the last one I play since the only compatible game I have left is Super Scope 6 and I don't think any of those have endings.

Yoshi's Safari is kind of exhausting as it's longer than the other Super Scope games I've played.

To give you an idea, Battle Clash has 10 enemies to defeat, while Yoshi's Safari has 12, but unlike Battle Clash, Yoshi's Safari has an auto-scrolling stage full of enemies before every boss.

Plus, Yoshi's Safari is much easier and a lot more monotonous as you see the same enemies in nearly every stage and the bosses' patterns are really easy to figure out.

I haven't really mentioned this until now, but all these Super Scope games are pretty short... and for good reason.

Have you ever actually played anything with this giant bazooka? It takes a toll on you.

It's pretty heavy and looking through the scope can be hard on your eyes after a while.

The games have to be short enough that you can beat them before you get tired out.

Unfortunately, Yoshi's Safari goes on a little too long and it's not nearly as stimulating as Battle Clash or Metal Combat.

#468 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Game #36: Joe & Mac (SNES)

Spoiler

I went through this single player, with Dee basically coaching me through the rough parts. Instead of just trying to bum rush through it, I had to play it slow and safe so I could learn all the hazards and quirks. This one has always given me trouble on past attempts, so it was nice to finally put it to rest.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#469 GimmickChris

GimmickChris

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

I remember MM7 Wily being the biggest dick.

I got into the habit of hitting him with Thunder Strike as soon as his craft appears, then getting off a Freeze Cracker before he vanishes. It's very tedious, but also very safe because T Strike keeps him from summoning those homing energy balls.

Doesn't the AC version of MM7 have really bad slowdown in some places? I thought I remembered that being an issue that the original game didn't have.

I've sadly never played the game on an actual SNES cart so I don't know how to compare it :( I haven't noticed any slowdown but I did lose control weirdly in a couple of boss battles, especially that big skull bot thing that chases you (the hardest boss for me by far), like it was REALLY hard to get Mega Man to do what I wanted, but maybe that's normal?

I do have the 3DS VC version so maybe I could try beating it on that to compare... Either way Willy didn't really give me any problems :) 

#470 GimmickChris

GimmickChris

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

#23 - Strike Gunner S.T.G. (SNES)

Another shooter! I have actually beaten this one in the past, but it was 2p co-op which makes things MUCH easier. This time I went solo, and while I intended to burn up all my game overs figuring out what each special weapon does, turns out I made it to the end with a bit of effort! Naturally, the whole thing was on stream, and riding high on my victory, I decided to challenge U.N. Squadron, and was promptly handed my ass. I'll get you next time, U.N. Squadron!!

#471 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,415 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Game #6: The Magic School Bus Space Exploration Game

Played through this with my son on EASY mode, because he's 4, and also I didn't want to struggle through a fairly mediocre Novotrade game. It's not bad as far edutainment games go; we at least got to do a variety of space-like things while learning about the planets (and pluto, when it was still considered a real live planet). Flying, jumping, puzzles, etc. The music was this close to being good, but it was a little jittery, repetitive, and I believe out of tune.

Here is the game making fun of me for taking it easy:

tumblr_op041y99vO1sg3woto3_1280.jpg

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users