Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

BONUS ROUND

Game #70: Illusion of Gaia

As I was playing this game, I kept thinking about what I was going to say about it when I finished it.

It's not a bad game by any means; it's just... really... average.

I like the dungeons and monsters you fight, but the game really dragged on for me when exploring towns and solving puzzles.

There's a lot of animation in your playable avatar, but the NPCs are pretty dull by comparison.

As for the music, it doesn't do much for me.

Some of the dungeon music is catchy, but there's quite a few songs that really get on my nerves... especially if it has that pan flute sound.

Illusion of Gaia has this strange balance of things that both impress and annoy me.

#617 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

I've beaten a few games from the 16 bit era, gotta post the pics soon.  Also does Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game count as 16 bit? i really don't know.

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#618 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,656 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Also does Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game count as 16 bit? i really don't know.

No. If you're talking about the arcade version, it doesn't count because it's the arcade version. If you're talking about the home ports, they don't count since they're for the Saturn and PlayStation (both 32-bit).

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#619 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Game #68: Gradius III

Spoiler

Well this one was a given, although I'm pretty rusty with it now. I only played through on normal, but I still had an OH SHIT moment near the end where one death turned into several more until I was finally able to recover enough powerups to survive. Arcade mode will have to wait for a while. Oh and the soundtrack rips btw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game #69: The Ninja Warriors

Spoiler

This is how you update an older arcade game. Natsume and Taito had some kind of partnership or intermingling going on for a little while and it resulted in great games like this. They took the basic "walk right and slash enemies" approach of the arcade game and fleshed it out into a single-plane brawler that works surprisingly well. I used Kamaitachi the whole time even though he's kind of busted with his OP windmill arms. The soundtrack also rips.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users