37 replies to this topic

#16 Sagnewshreds

Sagnewshreds

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Cetera figured it all out. Holy shit. Gamer cucks BTFO.

#17 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,638 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

This is pretty long but i do think there are important points.. like this one

"This is where Youtube gamers come in. You have become our children's role models. They passionately imitate you."

I've been worried if young kids are gonna turn into shit heads because of watching chud streamers say words like "Faggot" or any shitty racist word or falling into terrible ideals. So I guess, it's up to the parent to make sure they know what their kids are watching

Yeah the current generation is kind of the ultimate test in whether or not having unregulated/uncensored media will fuck kids up or not. Never really thought about that. I mean I guess I saw enough internet videos of people getting hit by trains or any gross trolling link shit back in the day and I'm not too shitty of a person, maybe it doesn't matter.

I was thinking about 4chan lately. I just assumed a lot of people on there were saying gross awful things out of irony because it was SO absurd no one could really take that as truth. And I feel like a lot of it was like that..but younger kids..who weren't in on the joke go to 4chan at a super young age and take all the racial slur jokes as honest truth and feeling and then come out super fucking twisted and warped with what is right or wrong, and this is why we have a lot of people younger than 20 years old coming out pro populism and anti muslim and supporting of Trump. Am I wrong in this?

4chan and a bunch of other things have gone post-ironic. Think of the origins of "MURKA" as a joke about stupidity and jingoism and then consider where it is today as a saying people use to legitimize those behaviors and make them cool.

That's the issue with smart people acting stupid or liking things ironically - it leads to things like dumb behavior being made cool, more stupid people acting out, potentially smart people turning stupid, and hipsters.

It reminds me of Cabaret the film/musical where you start out with a scene making fun of Nazis and at the end of it there's nothing but swastikas on every sleeve.

Anyway, this is flippant post and probably a little snobbish but I really think it's an issue.

That being said, I think some more development of curated content and internet access for children would be a good thing just due to the raw amount of media available to them, not all of it good. I've seen enough shitty parents who don't seem to give a fuck or are too tired from working to give a fuck, raising children who have access to way too much. Even non-shitty parents have a tough time given the amount of time kids are home alone after school with a tablet/phone/computer. Parents share the blame sure, but if there are channels out there marketing to children that put out shitty messages, they share the blame as well.

Kinda a weird place to post this in tho.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#18 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Kinda a weird place to post this in tho.

It came from Facebook.com. The Shizz always gets everything LAST.

https://m.facebook.c...9&id=1680534245

Behold

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#19 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

I +1'd that post for the writing effort without reading it (because TL;DR) and now I regret that +1. :(

#20 Zio Oxview

Zio Oxview

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

NO ONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO READ.

OAGt5mr.jpg

#21 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Why are Millenials Killing the Gaming and "Let's Play" Industries?

a thinkpiece by Boomer McGavin, 2018

#22 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

I hope the booming youtube gamer subgenre of the shizz takes notice of this direct callout.

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#23 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,070 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

After not showing his face around here after the fallout from his involvement in the [REDACTED] situation, this is a weird way for cetera to pop back in.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#24 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,776 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

After not showing his face around here after the fallout from his involvement in the [REDACTED] situation, this is a weird way for cetera to pop back in.

Which makes sense, because cetera has always been a weird motherfucker.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#25 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

I want as many people as possible to enjoy video games, and I want as many people as possible to be talking about them, and making shitty videos about them, and sometimes good videos about them, and etc etc etc. I do not own video games, and my way of enjoying them is not the only or even the correct way. It's pretty easy to just not watch videos that would piss me off, and if people are getting rich off of them that's fine, more power to them for being at the right place at the right time. Jaded bitter jerks like us have a much more profoundly negative impact on younger generations anyway, but it's easier to blame some dirtbag on youtube than to stop being an asshole on the internet.

amTr0fm.png

#26 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Also welcome back Cetera, been missing you bro <3

amTr0fm.png

#27 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

I want as many people as possible to enjoy video game music, and I want as many people as possible to be talking about video game music, and making shitty videos about video game music, and sometimes good videos about video game music, and etc etc etc. I do not own video game music, and my way of enjoying video game music is not the only or even the correct way. It's pretty easy to just not watch video game musics that would piss me off, and if people are getting rich off of video game music that's fine, more power to them for being at the right place at the right time. Jaded bitter jerks like us have a much more profoundly negative impact on video game music anyway, but it's easier to blame some dirtbag on youtube than to stop being an video game music on the internet.

amTr0fm.png

#28 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:01 PM

I want as many people as possible to enjoy theshizz.org, and I want as many people as possible to be talking about theshizz.org, and making shitty videos about theshizz.org, and sometimes good videos about theshizz.org, and etc etc etc. I do not own theshizz.org, and my way of enjoying theshizz.org is not the only or even the correct way. It's pretty easy to just not watch theshizz.org that would piss me off, and if people are getting rich off of theshizz.org that's fine, more power to them for being at the right place at the right time. Jaded bitter jerks like us have a much more profoundly negative impact on theshizz.org anyway, but it's easier to blame some dirtbag on theshizz.org than to stop being an theshizz.org on the internet.

amTr0fm.png

#29 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,070 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

A classic of arcade shooting was already revived in a small way.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#30 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:50 PM

My husband played game qubes with a wavy bird remote while I was pregnant and my baby has autism now is that the reason?
Best answer: It's very likely, study after study finds video ga

140 answers · Parenting · 9 hours ago

amTr0fm.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users