244 replies to this topic

#211 thebeautyofgrind

thebeautyofgrind

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

I still come here daily as my own personal therapy.  I knew who Kain's father was just from posts on Facebook and Kain told me who he was.  I really wanted to reach out and give my condolences, but I never talked to Mr Lacroix.  I wasn't sure if he spoke or read English, and even though I can be loud and rambunctious, I really am shy and anxiety ridden at times.  I hope he still comes to see all we have to say about his son.  If so:

Monsieur Lacroix, je suis désolé de ne pas parler français et je dois utiliser Google Translate pour communiquer. Je m'excuse d'avance si c'est faux!

Merci de prendre le temps de lire tout ce que nous avons à dire au sujet de votre fils. D'autres personnes le connaissaient mieux que moi, mais je l'ai bien connu. J'ai déjà perdu des personnes importantes, mais je ne sais pas ce que c'est que de perdre un enfant. Nous sommes tous ici pour partager de superbes histoires et souvenirs de Gitan. Vous ne devez pas pleurer seul.

Mr Lacroix, I'm sorry that I don't speak French and that I have to use Google Translate to communicate.  I apologize in advance if it's wrong!

Thank you for taking the time to read everything we had to say about your son.  Other people knew him better than I did, but I did know him pretty well.  I have lost important people before, but I don't know what it's like to lose a child.  We are all here to share great stories and memories of Gitan.  You don't have to mourn alone.

The Beauty of Grind - VG Digi-Grindcore

my stuff on bandcamp

"sausage biscuit"?? ok i'm outta here (closing menu, leaving)

#212 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,882 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

thanks for doing that mike

sgy5Biv.gif

#213 Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:08 AM

Kain taught me that you can make very interesting things happen when you start with a dumb joke and then forget not to take it seriously.

The band we were starting together was based around mashing up VGM tracks with rock/metal songs. It came about when I casually mentioned that After Burner sounds like Corneria and they could totally transition into each other. We spent the next 2 hours brainstorming a theoretical structure for such a song, and adding a couple others in the mix for good measure (months later, he would PM me the SilvaGunner video that plays After Burner on Corneria instruments: "they're on to us", he said).

Then he showed me his MM2/Seek And Destroy YTMND, and we had a good laugh. Next thing I knew, he'd written "Seeking Flash Man", a medley of the entire MM2 soundtrack and Metallica songs. With lyrics. It's 15 minutes long. It's the only thing he wrote that I have a GP5 of.

One day, he tells me he brainstormed with Crimson and he has the best band name ever: we're going to be called "Panterranigma". I wholeheartedly agree, and say our first album's title should be "2005 called, it wants its megamedleys back." He says no, he's aiming for the Shizz Trifecta. He was writing our namesake song, and refused to show it to me until it was completed. I never got to hear it, but I can only assume it's exactly what you think it is.

There's tons more where that came from. He wrote a Metroid-themed Bohemian Rhapsody variant just so that he could end it with "Anyway Other M blows..."

To hear him talk about it, it was the easiest thing in the world. He'd let me listen to his WIP tracks, but getting him to actually share anything (even with me, his bandmate) was like pulling teeth. Because he wanted everything to be completed, polished, perfect, from the get-go. He wanted everything to hit you with the power of a 1990s Dream Theater album, and he wouldn't show anything until it was ready to achieve that.

That's the caliber of arranger we lost, and I miss him for that too. :(

#214 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:34 AM

He wrote a Metroid-themed Bohemian Rhapsody variant just so that he could end it with "Anyway Other M blows..."

It hurts my soul that we'll never hear this now. :(

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com

#215 tonystigma

tonystigma

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

My condolences to Gitan's family, I am so sorry you have had this happen. Your son was an absolute treasure and a friend to many here.

JwlHRQg.png

#216 Bano

Bano

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

From  Kain's Ninjaflash:

Crimson: "damn it. if something happens to kain, his projects really won't be finished evar. Are there any clues?"

:(

#217 Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

rip_kain.jpg

Posted Image

I think at max length it made it to my nipples.

#218 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

beautiful

#219 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

Hey guys, the Kain Tribute Month from DoD is near, and the list of games needs more titles from 8/16/32 bit era. PLS!

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#220 Scrab Cakes

Scrab Cakes

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

Added 10 I saw mentioned in some of his old posts (links in the doc). Also somebody please do a Top Man cover with these lyrics...

http://theshizz.org/...ne/#entry877166

#221 thebeautyofgrind

thebeautyofgrind

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Foxxy relayed this message to me and I did some sleuthing yesterday, added a bunch of stuff to the list and photos.

The Beauty of Grind - VG Digi-Grindcore

my stuff on bandcamp

"sausage biscuit"?? ok i'm outta here (closing menu, leaving)

#222 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

Thanks everyone for adding to the photo folder.

https://drive.google...dkE?usp=sharing

It's up to 63 now. I'll be putting it together today.

Due to the fact we have so many,you mostly won't even be able to see what they are, probably. because of this, I'd like a link to the photos be added to the site so that'll always be there too.

It would be good if we can make a sort of "Kain repository" for both these photos and also anything we have form him. Flash videos, WIPs, etc. That way even people who never knew him could see that tribute, open up the folder, and get a sampling of what he had to offer.

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#223 Klatrymadon

Klatrymadon

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

I've been poking around after a long absence and saw this. Awful news. Kain always came across as a really warm, funny and sweet guy. I hope all of you who knew him well are coping - I'm so sorry for your loss.

You taught me language, and my profit on't / Is I know how to curse.

#224 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Found the avatar he made me way back in the day (that was a snippet from a music video he was working on for Spread Your Fire Against Me, which I don't recall if he finished or not) and changed my avatar back to it in memoriam.

#225 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,637 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

I would like to see the ninja flash in Crimson's signature, but I have had signatures turned off for about a decade and can't figure out how to turn them back on...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users