248 replies to this topic

#226 goat

goat

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Very sad, I too associated him with the spirit and "essence" of this community when I first joined. It's bittersweet to read all the fond memories and to see the pictures. His animations absolutely oozed passion. RIP

#227 CarboHydroM

CarboHydroM

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

It's sad how I got to work together with Kain on Wild_Cat's Chrono Trigger battle arrangement - he rocked the drums out on that one - and yet never got to talk to him directly.

Back when VGMix 2 was up and around the time I started entering the Dwelling of Duels, I stumbled upon very low-res videos of some shizzies playing video game tunes on guitar. There are two of them I can clearly remember. The first one was house playing his Clockwork entry, and the other one was Kain playing random Mega Man tunes on a folk guitar. He was playing effortlessly and just kept smiling. I wish I could have met him when I went to MAG.

RIP

CHM

#228 QUICKSHOT

QUICKSHOT

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

What horrible news to see after a lurk lapse. Kain was one hell of a dude who had a great sense of humor, outspoken, and had talent for days. My younger self always viewed him as an obstacle back in the early DoD days and him, amongst others (House and Ashane, heh) enabled me to really step up my game and put in the extra hours of practice. For that, I'm in debt to you, friend. Wish I had the chance to meet you in person but it's great to see the footprint you left in this community.

Side note: Thank you to all of the old Shizzies here. I very much echo the same sentiments about self improvement from being around the great, talented people on this board. I would not have accomplished what I did musically without all of the input, motivation, and support that this community brought to me. Love you guys.

#229 The Akkadian

The Akkadian

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Sorry to hear this. I haven't been on the boards in awhile, too busy with my new job. RIP

#230 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Oh I linked his father to the DoD month.

There is some great stuffs in there! I love "The Last battle of Kain Lacroix" by Daniel Caton. And Ailsean, he is a genius. Kain let me hear Ailsean for the first time around 2004; it was a music of Final Fantasy, a masterpiece. I remember that my son, one day, wrote on the Tchizz website that Ailsean was one of his guitar hero. I agree with that. He is a fabulous musician. Thanx to all of you ! (Sorry for my poor english writing). 1f609.png ;)

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#231 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

:(

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#232 SSS key

SSS key

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

Sad and shocking. I don't think I ever met Kain , but he always looked like the most badass person on the Shizz. Like a real life modern day Belmont. I always enjoyed his MegaMan related posts.
Bingo... O ho ho ho!!

#233 Radioeyes

Radioeyes

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

Don't stop in much anymore, but just heard about this.  Awful loss. 

Everyone be a little more excellent to each other.

#234 EdgeCrusher

EdgeCrusher

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Oh wow.  For some reason today, at work, I just had some random urge to come here.  Of course it took like 2 hours to get my password reset and such, but I saw this and it hit me pretty hard. Kain was an awesome man.  I didn't know him in person, but we had talked on here, and I always respected his work.  RIP Kain, and I hope you have the peace you deserved where you are now.

#235 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone remember the "Way Awesome" 'shop he did way back? His torso was the "y"? That was the best..

shitty is now.

#236 XMark

XMark

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

On a whim I decided to take a quick look at the Shizz to see what's been going on for the past couple of years. Never expected to see something like this :(

You will be missed, Kain. RIP

#237 MichaelTheCrow

MichaelTheCrow

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:48 AM

Damn, haven't been here in years and sad to see Kain had passed, such an amazing person. R.I.P. you wonderful soul..

First time on since 2013, what's up everyone?

#238 Naz

Naz

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,047 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Fuck this hits me hard. Was just reliving some epic Shizz moment via a Facebook memory and decided to stop in to see how everyone was doing. 

Miss all you peeps hard. Wouldn't be where I am today without the love and support of the people I've met via this forum. 

Bossies Nevar Say Die. <3

#239 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,770 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

I miss him real bad. I know we all do. I just figured I'd say it.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#240 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

was digging through a whole bunch of unsorted mag photos this morning looking for something.  found several pictures of kain.  talk about a kick in the gut.  still missing real hard. ):

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users