244 replies to this topic

#226 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

I would like to see the ninja flash in Crimson's signature, but I have had signatures turned off for about a decade and can't figure out how to turn them back on...

http://dwellingofdue...LDSITE/crimson/

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#227 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

Banners:

tWOk4Ap.jpg

And desktop sized:

Thanks again to everyone who helped with the photos

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#228 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,109 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Thanks so much for that, Nate. Sorry I couldn't find my pictures with him, but at the same time, you're welcome, because that would probably have been extra work. :lol:

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#229 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

I almost always log in via mobile nowadays.  Just noticed the shizz logo change, got a little weepy.  Cheers

#230 ryuhayabusa

ryuhayabusa

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Damn... it’s been a while since I was active here, but Kain always was a great guy. This deeply saddens me.

<ZioMatrix589> Everyone, watch out for RYU HACKABUSA!

Chip Tunes has revived them all.

#231 Drea Scarlett

Drea Scarlett

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

My thoughts go out to Kain, his family and friends. Suicide is a dark n heavy thing I hear about a lot. I know some people want to end the suffering and pain, sadly when one opts out, the loved ones feel the pain as well. RIP Kain.

13510828_1129919247031152_26318489092154
HAL Yes

#232 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,207 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

I'm rarely online anymore and only recently saw what happened. Depression is a fucking bastard, he should've had more time. He was an awesome dude, even though I only knew him through theshizz and I think trolled him a couple times in the early days of my own depression I could tell he was cool. I work in a grocery store and sell those damn sparkling waters every day and think about him often. Thanks for being here theshizz. Sorry Kain, we'll miss you.

#233 erickarim

erickarim

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

:(

#234 almightyeric

almightyeric

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

I remember seeing posts by Kain around the time I first joined the Minibosses message board. He contributed to my first impression (and, in turn, my lasting impression) of what the board was and is. Ever since I first saw him here, I have thought of him as a celebrity in the context of our community, and an icon and personality. Reading this thread, I've learned a lot more personal details about him.

I remember, early on, taking notice of his avatar and name. I had never met a person named "Kain" before and wondered whether that, in my opinion, cool-sounding name was his real name (it wasn't one of those obvious "this is just a username" names, to me). I remember eventually learning "Xiorcal" was his last name in reverse ("but is his first name really 'Kain'? Maybe it's 'Niak'," I continued to wonder).

I didn't have the privilege of meeting Kain in-person. Based on the way he interacted with me and the way I saw him interact with people, I have always respected him.

RIP

#235 goat

goat

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Very sad, I too associated him with the spirit and "essence" of this community when I first joined. It's bittersweet to read all the fond memories and to see the pictures. His animations absolutely oozed passion. RIP

#236 CarboHydroM

CarboHydroM

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

It's sad how I got to work together with Kain on Wild_Cat's Chrono Trigger battle arrangement - he rocked the drums out on that one - and yet never got to talk to him directly.

Back when VGMix 2 was up and around the time I started entering the Dwelling of Duels, I stumbled upon very low-res videos of some shizzies playing video game tunes on guitar. There are two of them I can clearly remember. The first one was house playing his Clockwork entry, and the other one was Kain playing random Mega Man tunes on a folk guitar. He was playing effortlessly and just kept smiling. I wish I could have met him when I went to MAG.

RIP

CHM

#237 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,517 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

Oh shit, Carbo, I totally forgot about and subsequently remembered those! That look on his face was that Kain smile, not smug but like "yes, it's awesome, I know".

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#238 QUICKSHOT

QUICKSHOT

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

What horrible news to see after a lurk lapse. Kain was one hell of a dude who had a great sense of humor, outspoken, and had talent for days. My younger self always viewed him as an obstacle back in the early DoD days and him, amongst others (House and Ashane, heh) enabled me to really step up my game and put in the extra hours of practice. For that, I'm in debt to you, friend. Wish I had the chance to meet you in person but it's great to see the footprint you left in this community.

Side note: Thank you to all of the old Shizzies here. I very much echo the same sentiments about self improvement from being around the great, talented people on this board. I would not have accomplished what I did musically without all of the input, motivation, and support that this community brought to me. Love you guys.

#239 The Akkadian

The Akkadian

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Sorry to hear this. I haven't been on the boards in awhile, too busy with my new job. RIP

#240 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Oh I linked his father to the DoD month.

There is some great stuffs in there! I love "The Last battle of Kain Lacroix" by Daniel Caton. And Ailsean, he is a genius. Kain let me hear Ailsean for the first time around 2004; it was a music of Final Fantasy, a masterpiece. I remember that my son, one day, wrote on the Tchizz website that Ailsean was one of his guitar hero. I agree with that. He is a fabulous musician. Thanx to all of you ! (Sorry for my poor english writing). 1f609.png ;)

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users