248 replies to this topic

#241 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,775 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

Rest in peace homie. And to the rest of you struggling, know that we love and cherish your company. Stay a while, please.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#242 TETSUOOOO!!!

TETSUOOOO!!!

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

It's been a while. I would like to pay my respects. Rest in Peace, Kain; you are missed immensely from myself.

#243 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,638 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:52 PM

Kain's father asked me to share the facebook page he set up for Kain memories and invites everyone to share anything you have. He's posted a fair amount there already.

https://www.facebook...84550678398367/

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#244 Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

This is beautiful and heartbreaking. Thank you.

#245 thebeautyofgrind

thebeautyofgrind

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

Kain's father asked me to share the facebook page he set up for Kain memories and share any you have. He's posted a fair amount there already.

https://www.facebook...84550678398367/

I like how it's directed to you, but with my user name haha  I still think about our brother often.

http://www.thebeauty...d.bandcamp.com/

"sausage biscuit"?? ok i'm outta here (closing menu, leaving)

#246 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,877 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

I haven't brought it up with my therapist yet, but I still have lots to work through pertaining to Kain. A large portion of my brain dedicates itself to overpowering the part that understands I didn't kill him, whenever I think about him. I keep thinking, "I'm right here. And I've BEEN right here. Nothing was stopping me from messaging him just once to tell him how much I admired him, and missed him, and appreciated him. I could have prevented his departure entirely by just letting him know I was thinking of him one of the many, many times that was true."

Still miss him. Getting all misty-eyed thinking about him as always. Love you, Kain.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#247 thebeautyofgrind

thebeautyofgrind

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

I haven't brought it up with my therapist yet, but I still have lots to work through pertaining to Kain. A large portion of my brain dedicates itself to overpowering the part that understands I didn't kill him, whenever I think about him. I keep thinking, "I'm right here. And I've BEEN right here. Nothing was stopping me from messaging him just once to tell him how much I admired him, and missed him, and appreciated him. I could have prevented his departure entirely by just letting him know I was thinking of him one of the many, many times that was true."

Still miss him. Getting all misty-eyed thinking about him as always. Love you, Kain.

I had a very similar experience when a friend of mine committed suicide.  She was someone very special to me.  Many of our friends thought we were gonna get married, start a family, live happily ever after.  But as we know, it's not like that and things don't pan out the way we want or the way they should.  I would tell myself all the time, "why didn't she call me?  she always comes to me when she's in trouble.  why not this time?"  It destroyed me.  I cried myself to sleep every night for weeks.

But honestly, Satan Plate, you can ALWAYS message me on twitter (since you deactivated FB) and I can always write to you, too.  Good communication is a 2 way street.  You're an amazing individual.  Never forget that.

http://www.thebeauty...d.bandcamp.com/

"sausage biscuit"?? ok i'm outta here (closing menu, leaving)

#248 arise_shine

arise_shine

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:17 AM

God damn I got sad again looking at that FB page. I'm glad I visited it though. Kain was rad. It's sad he's gone, but he touched a lot of people in ways that nothing can ever take away.

And I know it's easy to play "what if" games .. what if I'd reached out .. made that phone call, answered that email sooner, reached out that one time ... but ultimately we all make our own choices. None of us is responsible for anybody else. Reaching out to others is great, but it's not your duty to do so.

I dunno .. sometimes I wonder, what would Kain want me (or any of us) to do? I've been suicidal, and I kinda put myself in ghost_shine's shoes .. Like, what would ghost_shine want theshizz.org to do? Keep rockin. ghost_shine would be happy that people missed him, but he'd also want everyone to move on.

Now, I didn't know Kain well, so I can't presume to know what he'd want from any of us .. so .. I dunno. I'm kinda rambling. Kain is missed, but he lives on. I know it's cheesy but it's how I feel so whatever.

SEriously, tho, keep on ro ckin.

My shitty Bandcamp

My shitty Twitch channel

"The sun has left the sky, now you can close your eyes, leave all the world behind until tomorrow." (Latimer/Bardens)

"So shall it be written, so shall it be done, came the warning from the prophet..." (Davis/Davis)

#249 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,254 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

I was on a self-imposed hiatus when Kain passed, but was lurking and saw the news and read through this thread when it occurred.  I'm sorry I haven't come to pay respects before now.  I remember geeking out about the details of NES hardware (in this legendary thread which many other have linked), a joy for someone like me.  Magfest XI (2013) is the only one I've made it to and jamming Maiden and Metallica songs with Kain and others was a huge highlight of that trip.  Often times my IRL personality doesn't mesh well with others, but with with Kain it felt like a perfect continuation of our online interactions.  I think some people just have a gift for making others feel welcome.  He will continue to be missed for that reason and many more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users