199 replies to this topic

#16 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,694 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

Wow. I didn't know Kain outside of here, but it breaks my heart to lose any of you. Damn that sucks.
Welcome to the he'll that is Google Voice Dictation

Go Fund Me info: https://www.gofundme...air-repair-fund

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

#17 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

I don't even know what to say. I didn't know him well but he always came off as super guy. This is horrible and heartbreaking. :(

I want to monologue about staying strong as a group in a time like this but I can't help but feel like it's....preachy somehow. I don't know. Fuck.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

What are you up to, oh sunshine of satanic warmth?

Original Sound Version . com

#18 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Fuck :(

Awful, shitty news. Definitely a cool dude. He will be missed.

#19 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

How awful. Kain was a mainstay of early Shizz, and he dropped some incomprehensibly awesome stuff. I think about this thread in particular every once in a while: http://theshizz.org/...el-of-graphics/

We weren't especially close, but I did miss seeing him the past 2 MAGs. Now we'll all miss him from here on out.

Thank you for letting us know, Wild_Cat. I know it must have been hard to even type all that.

yBnV8YD.png

#20 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,747 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

didn't he at one point have a flash game as his avatar that he designed? that was some next level stuff at the time.

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,081 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

I definitely remember that, Zach.

Kain was actually the first person I met from the shizz. I can remember the first Magfest I went to (9), and seeing him and Vivi outside the airport and recognizing him from pictures I'd seen on the shizz. At that point he didn't know me from anyone so our exchange was brief, but it was still exciting to meet someone from this community in person and I'll never forget that. 

#22 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

This might be a stupid question, but it's kinda important to me: what was his real name?  Was it actually "Kain Xiorcal"?

LogoNew-Ping_small.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#23 Alex

Alex

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,770 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

Aww man.....

Fuck.

#24 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,216 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

This might be a stupid question, but it's kinda important to me: what was his real name?  Was it actually "Kain Xiorcal"?

Kain Lacroix.

It's too shitty. I was looking forward to talking to him more, he had been working on another Ninja Flash, he had the band... just too much to leave behind. He even designed my wedding invititations. Such a great guy, and now he is gone.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

crimsondeath.gif

#25 Jadbgjoka

Jadbgjoka

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,297 posts

I met Kain the first time I saw the Minibosses play. It was the outing I met Metal Dream, Sunny, Dragolf, Sherv, and Colin too.

We mostly talked about DoD and how he felt it was impossible to keep up with such a talented community. Very humble, quiet, and funny as all hell.

It was a life changing experience and I'm glad Kain was a part of it.

#26 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,113 posts

This is just.... really sad. I was shocked when I read the thread title, hoping this was some kind of bad joke but... man, dunno what so say. Still can grasp it. I mean, I never met him in person but I always admired his creativity and humor. The Pretrucci secret practice video comes to mind, among a thousand other things he did. I even have a reference to one of his posts (which I can't find in the original thread sadly) in my sig, which shall continue living there forever now. Really sad news. RIP Kain <3

PM'd.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

#27 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

This is such tragic and terrible news. He and I talked a bit online and hung out at mag but I never got to know him too well. He was always pretty sensitive to negativity and would get depressed, but he was also always receptive to music and loved to talk prog and metal and VGM. It's heartbreaking whenever I think of someone being in such a place where this is the only answer that makes sense to them...

Posted Image

#28 Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

I'll miss him, and it's horrible that such a talented and friendly guy decided to leave. There will definitely be a hole in my heart with him gone, and I'll miss all the talks we had in person and over facebook, not to mention never seeing all those creative things he worked on.

On that topic (and I know how shitty a consolation prize that is), I have on my hard drive one GP5 of an almost complete arrangement that he sent me a while ago, for the aforementioned VGM band we were starting together.

It will take a while (because of course it's a 15-minute proggy wankfest), but I will do my best to finish and record it. And I'll probably realize a few of the other track concepts we had. Fuck, this was going to rock, and now he'll never get to play any of this live :(

#29 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,065 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

I remember seeing the Minibosses with him in Montreal and they were playing Zelda and I said to Kain "Look, Burke is sweep picking".   Kain says "So?".  I'm like oh yeah, that's right, you're Kain.

UAV3t1p.png

matsunami0.png

#30 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Talented dude and total class act. <3
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

Reply to this topic