#31 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,528 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

Backward's month

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#32 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Subliminal Messages Month
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#33 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

How about some more specific environment months? Like a "Forest month 2: Jungle Boogaloo", "Desert Month", "Mountain, Earth and Cave Month", "Space Month",  and/or "Water Month"?

Desert and Water have already been done before and they should probably hit all of the elements before repeating a past one, but stuff like Space Month and Holy Month sound great. OH SHIT COMBINE SPACE AND HOLY AND IT COULD BE A SCIENCE VS RELIGION MONTH.

And I guess because Stemage is amazing...Backwards Month (fuck sorry didn't read well enough and eric already suggested this goddamnit sry sry sry). You could even take that a bit further and have each entry be 2 complete loops; the first loop being the reverse and the second reversing the reverse. Have all songs be completely anonymous, so you can try to guess the first half and the reveal comes in the second loop section of each song. Could be a weird alteration of Brevity month too. 

#34 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Relay month: each entry is composed by an individual for 30 seconds before passing it to someone else for the next 30 seconds and so on. (Er, 30 seconds of music, not 30 seconds of work at a time)

Dj5ZiPN.png

#35 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

We had the "in the style of..." theme in mind, but the problem is... if you let each person pick what band and what style they like, it's just the same as a free month (because let's be honest, everyone makes entries influenced by some band or artist), but then again, if we pick a band, for example "Rush Month" (crazy bass, guitar and drums, with a dash of synths), we are really limiting the number of entrants and some people will always try to find loopholes in it.

I'm not saying it will never happen but it's hard to work out the logistics behind it.

Alternate option: do entire genres instead of specific bands, like the Jazz Month from a couple years ago. A Ska Month would be rad.

yes! and then I can ruin more months like i did with jazz month. also once I did a ska breakdown in a batman track so im down for more of that

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#36 Scrab Cakes

Scrab Cakes

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Complex Time Signature Month (5, 7, 11, 13, etc.)

I also agree with Sagnew about having Fresh Month be a more recurring thing.

#37 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,889 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

No guitars month? I would be sad but it'd be interesting

Or alternatively, use an instrument that's not your primary instrument month.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#38 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

Solo instrument month? Entries with only one instrument would be cool because it would really get at the heart of "live instrument" aspect of DoD (but solo piano entries would probably just crush everything)

This is a very interesting idea. I really want to learn / arrange more vgm for solo acoustic guitar, and this would be a great opportunity to stop "wishing it" and get off my ass and do it.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#39 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

Cross-posted from DoD forum thread:

I've recently gotten really into the idea of hearing more from all the DoD artists. Maybe once or twice a year, we could have an Originals Vs. Covers Month? Entries hosted not just anonymously, but without source information until results are posted. Basically an even free-er Free Month!

So, of all the songs, we don't know whether a song is an original or a cover/tribute/arrangement/remix/whatever unless it's instantly recognizable, and even then we don't know the artist (unless they're instantly recognizable SNAPPLEMAN). I'd love to hear what some people come up with!

BUT, this is just an idea. I feed on others' opinions and validation.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#40 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

Yes! An Originals month would be a great way to see what the contestants are capable of composition wise! I'm all in for that!

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#41 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:36 AM

DoD = VGM or GTFO :P

#42 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

It'd be hilarious if we did an original vs. cover month where people tried to guess if the song was an original work or a remix, and the winner of the month is the person who had the most correct guesses. 

#43 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

DoD = VGM or GTFO :P

EAT SMEG, SMEG

It'd be hilarious if we did an original vs. cover month where people tried to guess if the song was an original work or a remix, and the winner of the month is the person who had the most correct guesses.

YES. OR, we not only have to guess whether its original or a cover, but also what game or franchise the covers are from. The winner is the person whose entry was guessed WRONG the most by other people!

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#44 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

I can't reach!

#45 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members