#226 darmock

darmock

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

This doesn't guarantee you a room in the Gaylord

It's only a ~$25 carshare ride from the Hilton Mark Center to Gaylord Island. Should be fine!

They said they'll be doling out the booking links in small batches, so hopefully the concurrent users thing won't be an issue. However, we'll just have to see.

If you can actually pay a Hilton price for a night vs. Gaylord rate, it might not be so grim.

I'm still riding the waves of our recent fun trip to Labs, so Hilton Mark sounds pretty appealing as an alternative if the hotel situation doesn't pan out for a lot of people in National Harbor. Splitting ride shares with 3 or 4 people shouldn't be too expensive, and I would rather leave my car parked somewhere and forget it for the duration of these events since parking is often scarce. 

I know this wouldn't work from a financial, logistical or any other real life standpoint, but wouldn't it be neat if MAGFest rented out the Mark simultaneously and had it be a spillover event. An offsite MAGUnderground that is primarily a video game bands show like back in the day, but also has maybe more underground games and arcades, and special panels, etc. Again, I know that doesn't make sense at all to do, there's no way attendance would be high enough to afford something like that, man power to manage the event from so many different angles would be non-existent, and taking away from the main event sounds counter-intuitive, but one can dream, right?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Less talk. More synthehol.

#227 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Can we do an art table sesh where we all make hand drawn maps? Like everyone do Zelda overworlds or goonies 2s or whatever and exchange them? Or maybe we all make them in advance and do like a secret santa style map exchange? I wanna frame a hand drawn VG map from one of you guys

eKawlATs.jpg

#228 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Oooooo.....I would get in on that.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com

#229 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Today's band lineup announcement: Rare Candy and the Washington Metropolitan Gamer Symphony Orchestra.

#230 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

I got to see WMGSO a long time ago. It was a good show.

banner.png

#231 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

honest question: how many years in a row is this for Rare Candy?

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#232 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

Based on the bands listed for previous years on the MAG page (http://super.magfest.../musicalguests/), it looks like they haven't played since 2015.

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#233 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, they haven't played a main magfest since the same year Marshall Art played.

#234 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

ah ok. i guess it just feels like every mag since the beginning of time.

music face, like a dying frankenstein, his jaw becomes dislodged....see the profile of him, the profile of shame

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#235 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

They were just at Bit Gen and (mostly) at MAGLabs, and the rule isn't spread across the multiple MAG events, just each individual event (so they won't be at next Labs/Super but could play West).

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

#236 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,297 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

ah ok. i guess it just feels like every mag since the beginning of time.

That's because JD can rotate out a band member and make it a different band.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#237 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

They did not play MAGLabs but were billed to play. Looking forward to seeing them again!

#238 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

I wasn't sure if they were going to count that since it was moved to the JAMSpace show. Whatever works.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

#239 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,382 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

Ah, MAGfest favorites, Rare Candy!

#240 darmock

darmock

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Can we do an art table sesh where we all make hand drawn maps? Like everyone do Zelda overworlds or goonies 2s or whatever and exchange them? Or maybe we all make them in advance and do like a secret santa style map exchange? I wanna frame a hand drawn VG map from one of you guys

Yes! Let's make VG Maps! I have an idea for one that could go along with a Sonic CD theme. Meet at X place at 5pm and it looks totally different if you completed the quest from 12pm, or maybe that's kinda more like a choose your own adventure book or something.

They did not play MAGLabs but were billed to play. Looking forward to seeing them again!

Rare Candy is wicked good, and I cannot wait to see them again! The Jamspace set was still super solid with them unexpectedly down a member. If you guys haven't seen them in a while, please check them out at MAGFest! They are more than well-deserving of a Super MAGFest slot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Less talk. More synthehol.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users