779 replies to this topic

#766 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,296 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

+ Bloodsport on 24 hour loop. This might deserve its own thread.

Posted Image

#767 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

-Katamari letting me borrow his guitar to rehearse Zelda tunes by myself for a few hours, as Bit Brigade was slated to leave for a Zelda tour (which I am now on) a few days hence and being at MAGFest meant they were at home rehearsing without me.  Thanks buddy, even though mass communication breakdowns meant that it caused you and darmock stress later that evening.  I hope there are no hard feelings.  Jamspace also let me borrow a BC Rich Warlock for this same purpose on Sunday which was real swell of them.

-I have the phrase “two slippery boys” written down on a list of grips I was jotting down throughout the weekend but I can’t remember why.

No worries about the guitar! I ended up getting a more wizardry guitar for that set anyways.

Also I remember you writing down "two slippery boys" but also do not remember the context. We were in my room, so it probably had something to do with Mig.

Been trying to remember stuff all week but the memory is hazy, SO HERE IT MIGHT BE

+getting to be a part of the DoD panel this year. I learned about the shizz only because of the mysterious link at the bottom of the DoD forums many years ago so its awesome to come full circle

+also the added benefit of being able to have a room in the gaylord!
+ mig good roommate, pleasant closet sleepr

+was the best feeling to walk into our room and see it full of shizzies doing what they do best, playing random japanese platformers

+also damn that wine that erich/monte had was good as fuck
+ LRS/KDB were the most feelgood shows ever
+ beach ball tiddies
+ shizzebo suite
+ finger wag
+ escpecially finger wagging in the middle of the LRS katamari circle pit o love
+ day zero Steel Samurai/WASD concert, though being delayed and shuffled around a bunch, went pretty well. Worst WASD set i have ever played though due to 2am sleepiness
+WIZARD PARTY!!!! Steel Samurai is officially a part of Guiness World Record history by performing to over 500 wizards in a big hallway
+geeking out over Kingdom of Loathing with Bano
+Jace's tall tales of his room host
+good chats and hangs all around

-picking up the QUAD PUKAGE power up late saturday night
+/- having weird fever dreams after being sick that audience members at the KDB concert had to check in with me before some specific event occured, idk
-roomie peter also getting sick on sat

-munz left early :(

- I didnt get Potbelly, Elevation, or even Chipotle all weekend :/

- - - - - also didnt play a single video game all weekend

- not a lot of general chat time

Best MAG ever, very happy to be friends with each and every one of you fine folks <3

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#768 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

+ beach ball tiddies

OOHHH god I almost forgot about this, that was top five funniest things of the weekend. Especially while you just casually drank water at the water cooler next to the giant throng of Sonic weeaboos pouring in to the Jun Senoue concert.

Here's something interesting that I didn't really feel was a grip or a rip, just fascinating:

A young woman who I recognize as a Bit Brigade fan but have never spoken to came up to me, introduced herself, and asked me, in exactly these words, "um, this is gonna sound kinda weird but, asking for a friend...are you queer in any way?" I told her that that's a topic I've wondered about a lot throughout various points in my life, but ultimately, the answer is, "I think I've given the concept a fair shake.  Not really." I'm very happy to be an advocate for and ally to queer persons, to a degree that has caused me to wonder if I am one from time to time (I would be non-binary if anything), but a few years ago over a few talks with friends in varying demographics I realized that I am in fact a straight male, and that's okay as long as you maintain an awareness of privilege and act conscientiously within that role.  Anyways, I was on my way somewhere but asked her to shoot me an fb message elaborating on what caused her to ask me that.  Well, she did.  Here's what she had to say:

"Well idk how to explain this. But you kind of have like bad ass femme energy?
That sounds super weird I just didn't know how else to word it.

I definitely feel like the first time I saw you on stage with bit brigade I thought you broke too many like 'straight dude rules' and was just curious.  It's rare to find men who aren't queer but are also confident in certain areas"

So that's just about one of the coolest compliments I've ever received even though I'm not sure exactly what she means.  I'll take it.  Another #magfestmiracle

#769 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

That’s actually kind of cool, albeit a little awkward. We all appreciate you being you Jace

#770 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

+ beach ball tiddies

OOHHH god I almost forgot about this, that was top five funniest things of the weekend. Especially while you just casually drank water at the water cooler next to the giant throng of Sonic weeaboos pouring in to the Jun Senoue concert.

Here's something interesting that I didn't really feel was a grip or a rip, just fascinating:

A young woman who I recognize as a Bit Brigade fan but have never spoken to came up to me, introduced herself, and asked me, in exactly these words, "um, this is gonna sound kinda weird but, asking for a friend...are you queer in any way?" I told her that that's a topic I've wondered about a lot throughout various points in my life, but ultimately, the answer is, "I think I've given the concept a fair shake.  Not really." I'm very happy to be an advocate for and ally to queer persons, do a degree that caused me to wonder if I am one, but a few years ago over a few talks with friends in varying demographics I realized that I am in fact a straight male, and that's okay as long as you maintain an awareness of privilege and act conscientiously within that role.  Anyways, I was on my way somewhere but asked her to shoot me an fb message elaborating on what caused her to ask me that.  Well, she did.  Here's what she had to say:

Well idk how to explain this. But you kind of have like bad ass femme energy?

That sounds super weird I just didn't know how else to word it

I definitely feel like the first time I saw you on stage with bit brigade I thought you broke too many like 'straight dude rules' and was just curious
It's rare to find men who aren't queer but are also confident in certain areas

So that's just about one of the coolest compliments I've ever received even though I'm not sure exactly what she means.  I'll take it.  Another #magfestmiracle

Jaceydawg stage presence be flamboyant in all the best badass-est ways and exudes tangible radness <3

tumblr_l0w3iatftU1qzylvvo1_400.gifPopful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif

#771 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,929 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

when a bunch of shizz goobers were chillin in the room between sets i was struggling to mingle

then clansmaneddie and daemon started talking about cheers and frasier and i was all like

h7Irpxt.jpg

sgy5Biv.gif

#772 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

I want to add that I was especially bummed not to get any quality time with the San Diego boys.  It was great dancing with Erich and Sara, but I really missed out on sweet luscious Monte.

#773 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

I regret that I did not run my fingers through Monte's gorgeous hair when we were chatting prior to going in to see Super Nice Boys.....but I didn't want to be a creep. =X

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

sig_2.png

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com

#774 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

I regret that I did not run my fingers through Monte's gorgeous hair when we were chatting prior to going in to see Super Nice Boys.....but I didn't want to be a creep. =X

I have some in a box I can send to you.

I mean... what?

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#775 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,878 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

It's okay, we've all got to eat.

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#776 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

So over the past week I watched all the *important* concert sets on youtube, devoured some media and read some after thoughts.

I missed you guys, and I guess I missed magfest. It seemed much easier to skip this time due to many factors. It did kind of snow storm that weekend, too.

But I still felt a bit bummed while I knew friends were having fun. It wasn't a feeling of being left out. It was more of just thinking for a few moments that I could be fine without you guys. I don't think that's the case anymore. I do like this place and I do like all of you people that make it a place worth coming back to. My girlfriend asked me how magfest went for everyone and told me I really should have went even though she couldn't. I put a lot of thought into my decision making but I didn't factor in just how important it would be to get a chance to see you guys again. I'll try not to take you all for granted again. Who knows when we'll ever be together next.

I'll just cross my fingers for next year. I can't say whether or not I can go due to previously mentioned factors, but I can at least say that I want to go.

TLDR MAG Review from home: All the shizz bands were great, I'm very proud of *our boys*.

#777 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Not that I have any idea what went down at mag this year but from personal experience, selling merch for multiple bands is a fucking shitshow. I always sell better for the one band I’m with because I’m familiar with their material and their merch and can answer a lot of questions for people. That’s what fans often want, is some interaction or answer about the band and the merch. And I always sell the most immediately after the band plays because people who enjoyed the show have it fresh in their mind. Also, having the merch in a different area than the show always hurts merch sales

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#778 Monte

Monte

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

Sindra...you know you don't need to ask. JUST DO IT!

#779 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:23 PM

FYI The SML Podcast did a post-MAG show.  I mention it because it had Paul Good on it and includes some info about what they've looked into for other venues, different ways to handle MAG, etc.

And yeah, I don't know why Beardo and I are the photo.  We're not on this one.

Good lord, the fucking

LogoNew-Ping_small2.png

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#780 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Man, I would love to listen to SML all the time because of the people on it and the general content, but when every episode tends to be 2.5+ hours long, I cant do it

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users