16 replies to this topic

#16 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

watched the original trilogy obsessively in my late teens- early 20s. NIGHT is still one of the finest movies, horror or otherwise, i can think of. its just untouchable.

i was sad to get the news but its hard to really be upset at his passing overall. he was older and had lived a pretty good life, changed the face of popular culture.

Yeah, it didn't come as a complete shock to me like some other celebrity deaths. I actually thought that Romero already passed away not too long ago to be honest.

#17 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:29 AM

I had a real hard time with this one myself. Before now, I had never shed a tear about the passing of a person I'd never met before, but this hit me in just the right spot. 

He was always my favorite horror director as a kid, and as I became more interested in film over the years I became more interested in him as a person and his life story and career path. There was a time, in my early 20's, that I'd considered going to film school, and Romero was definitely one of the top reasons for that.

He was an innovator, not only for horror films, but for film in general and he made a mark on the history of film that has been single handedly responsible for so much that followed. 

Having an intense battle with cancer is not how I want my heroes to go. 

If you haven't seen it before, do yourself a favor and watch Martin. It's a person favorite of mine and shows Romero's abilities outside the realm of the zombie flick. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users