Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Entries are up! 17 mains, one alt! Listen and vote on the duel page:

http://dwellingofdue...els/17-07-free/

Voting deadline is July 31st! Listening party date&time will be announced soon.

Note: I'm having some internet problems and the zip is still uploading, so if you can't download it right away, try again in a few hours.

#2 Hat

Hat

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

FIRST REPLY!

:ph34r:

#3 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

Stream of consciousness immediate reactions no offense intended

Omen of Antiquity
Lead guitar sounds great. Something about the drums bugs me, though. Snare is too dry? Not sure what it is. Snare also gets a little buried during the busiest parts. Pretty much everything else sounds good, for sure. Definitely a worthy addition and does the original justice, if almost more of a cover than a full arrangement.

Just july jazz Jolting
Aw yiss, did I just tune into NPR? Everything sounds pretty right to my noobjazz ears. Great job. Not familiar with the original, but this is very listenable regardless. My critique would be the length, but it's not too bad.

The Little N. Gin That Couldn't
More source material I don't really know. I like the playful vibe. Great playing. Things sound good. Not much to complain about. Maybe some of the rhythm parts get a little repetitive, but it's fine, really.

My Dear Artorias
Whoa, almost a Chrono Cross vibe to open (I've never played a Soul game, but I'm to understand that Motoi Sakuraba did their music, which is never a bad thing). Ah, vocal track. Ok. Vocals are perfectly fine. Part of me wants to say this reminds me of Fuel... not saying that's a negative. Overall this is pretty well done, and I could hear it on the radio, but it's just not my style.

Windvane Duck
Song doesn't really change very much. Repetitive things kind of nag at me eventually. I liked the harmony bits at the end the most. But yeah, it's kind of a static song for being just over 3 minutes.

Drowning
Funky synth, I like it. Not sure what to make of this one on the whole, really. Not really my type of jam, but I guess the sounds themselves are on point. But it's pretty repetitive, to be honest. Not sure this one had to be over 7 minutes.

Jazz...Jazz never Changes
Cool drum beat. Performances and sounds seem good to me. Glad it kept itself to just 3 minutes.

Final Euphony
Another one where the drums just sound a touch too dry, and just a slight bit muffled for my taste. Otherwise this track is pretty okay.

Gears of War
Some sort of mastering limiter, or at least a compressor was needed on this to bump it up to the next level. You can definitely play, though.

Antenna Cradle
Heavy riffing on the keys. Oh there's a guitar. I thought it might be piano all the way. Interesting track; has a unique vibe. I liked this one a lot. Maybe the drums could've been more excited, but they did their job, I s'pose. Very cool tune.

Agent 003.5
Another track that needs a bit of compression/limiting. Otherwise this is as solid as any 2 minute entry I've heard. You're gonna get crucified for the fade-out. DOD goers hate them, but I think they're okay sometimes. They do need to be a bit longer than what you've done here, for what it's worth.

Quick Treasure Grab
Drums are getting a bit overwhelmed by all the layers and stuff. Especially the kick and toms. Again, put a limiter on this at least a little bit. Other than that, not a bad track at all.

Jet Ski Gemini
Very chill. Good stuff. Never quite feel qualified to critique this style, so, um, you done good. Careful on the fade-outs!

One Way
HvyRiff showed up. I always like combining organs and guitar, so you've won me over with that and the galloping. Pretty good overall. I would've put a little verb on the snare, but hey, that's what I do.

Cut My Notions
Ah, more (classic) Sakuraba. If I have one complaint it's that the rhythms don't do much except the riff in the middle. The fake bass and melodies are carrying the song. Oh we get some Divine Spirit up in here too? I like you. Not sure I would've included an organ solo, but sure. Pretty decent track all together.

Stand Up Against Myself
I almost did this song a few years ago and then forgot about it. Very thick production... all the sounds are good, but are they fighting each other a little? Maybe. Good playing, tho. I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for not doing a fade-out.

Supernova
Kinda sounds like the room mics on your kick are really bumped up making the kick have a weird 'stereo' effect. Otherwise things are mostly okay. Good ending.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#4 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,212 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE

sgy5Biv.gif

#5 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

Songs are now up on youtube!

#6 Hat

Hat

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Bonus if it doesn't involve 7:45pm-11:45pm EST Saturday. Any other time/day is amazing. 😏
:ph34r:

#7 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

I can't wait for the listening party.

PS: Can somebody pin this thread?

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#8 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

July 30th, 9PM EDT (tonight), 8bitx radio!

Sorry for announcing it so late. I suck at organizing.

#9 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Listening party starting in a few minutes!

#10 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

Does anyone have the chat log?

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#11 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'll put it up soon, I've been busy all day.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users