69 replies to this topic

#16 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

I hadn't thought about Mad Gear in a long long time but then I saw the new SFV character and this....THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

When you've been in the biz as long as we have (2 yrs), YOU STOP BELIEVING IN COINCIDENCES

#17 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

I hadn't thought about Mad Gear in a long long time but then I saw the new SFV character and this....THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

When you been in the biz as long as we have (2 yrs) you STOP BELIEVING IN COINCIDENCES

#18 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

a2583483414_16.jpg

I want a shirt with this art and I also want it to be an actual anime.

Posted Image

#19 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,654 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Man, I like this! My first reaction (like 15 seconds in) was "Man, I dunno if I'm gonna be ale to get past the production quality", but actually it has rather grown on me. The mix of instruments has a good feel. Song selection is excellent. Thanks for posting!

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#20 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Man, I like this! My first reaction (like 15 seconds in) was "Man, I dunno if I'm gonna be ale to get past the production quality", but actually it has rather grown on me. 

I kinda have a mixed reaction to this, but it's ultimately positive. Part of the reason this band was started was to react to how squeaky clean vgm covers had gotten over the years. Going back to my reference of The Advantage in the original post, those records just sounded so fresh and human to me, even though the production was decidedly indie-sounding. While it isn't for me to say whether we achieved that same feeling, I do know that we did what we could with the available resources, and it's a pretty truthful document of how we sound. Regardless, I'm glad you got to a point where the quality of the recording wasn't a hindrance. We're happy to have you aboard! 

#21 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

I'm in the same boat where I started listening to it and was irked by how the lead instrument in the mix is the combined overhead and hi-hat microphones, but I got past it quickly and just appreciated the great arrangement and performances. I especially love the unique and expressive drum work, but just all-around you guys are badass.

The fact that the whole sound is so raw but doesn't detract from the listener's enjoyment is actually really mindblowing. Keep it up duders

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#22 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

I cannot get past the production quality. The drums hurt my ears. However, I am still glad your band exists and would kindly see you live or peruse the next digital release.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#23 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

I actually like the drums! The only thing that gets me is the sax is playing the melody a liiiittle bit off! I feel if he can lock in that rhythm for the lead it will sound super good!  :D

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#24 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

I cannot get past the production quality. The drums hurt my ears. However, I am still glad your band exists and would kindly see you live or peruse the next digital release.

I'd be interested to know if you're referring to the volume or the tone. Or whether it's a specific track or the drums in general. Obviously, some of this comes down to taste, but we're also in the middle of mixing a few new recorded tunes, so feedback is helpful to us.

#25 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

I think he's talking about how much louder the cymbals (hi-hat included) are than any of the other drums, or indeed any other instruments, when we're used to more of a balanced level, if not slightly quieter than the drum shells. BUT that's just an assumption.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#26 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,654 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Man, I like this! My first reaction (like 15 seconds in) was "Man, I dunno if I'm gonna be ale to get past the production quality", but actually it has rather grown on me. 

I kinda have a mixed reaction to this, but it's ultimately positive. Part of the reason this band was started was to react to how squeaky clean vgm covers had gotten over the years. Going back to my reference of The Advantage in the original post, those records just sounded so fresh and human to me, even though the production was decidedly indie-sounding. While it isn't for me to say whether we achieved that same feeling, I do know that we did what we could with the available resources, and it's a pretty truthful document of how we sound. Regardless, I'm glad you got to a point where the quality of the recording wasn't a hindrance. We're happy to have you aboard! 

That's fair; I mean, I'm hardly the best candidate to become arbiter of what is "good production quality". I'm just some dude. To your point, I actually began to enjoy the songs MORE because of the mix! Perhaps my ears have become somewhat conditioned to a certain sound, that squeaky clean thing you're talking about.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#27 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

o53LRD7.jpg

(slightly modified)

#28 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,539 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

o53LRD7.jpg

(slightly modified)

tumblr_mwtbkpSKFE1ruf44ao1_1280.png

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#29 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Well, now I'm sure of it. This forum is the best thing that ever happened to me.

#30 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

youre welcome

sgy5Biv.gif

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vgm, vgmcoverband

0 user(s) are reading this topic