nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:38 AM

This thread got MODDED.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#17 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Roseanne was like a grindcore version of TGIF shows.

i would say

ROSEANNE: LAWRENCE ARMS  as STEP BY STEP: GOOD CHARLOTTE

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#18 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

As a kid, I found the final season incredibly satisfying. The struggling family finally gets to live it up. Beverly Hillbillies fish out of water style humor works great.

Final scene was a shocker, and hit me pretty hard. But I’d like to rewatch as an adult, I have a feeling I’d appreciate some things more and some less.

Why did they switch Becky and Darlene’s significant others? That wasn’t necessary.

Undisputably, Sara Gilbert voiced the coolest girl of all time, undoubtedly influenced by her work on Roseanne

New_Kid_on_the_Block_36.JPG

#19 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Are we allowed to talk about the Roseanne extended universe?

this-has-been-roseanne-your-guide-to-the

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#20 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,181 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

I'm actually looking forward to the new season. I think

And I've just learned something new today.

#21 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

thank you Modder Raub for the title change.

it's been quite the years since i watched Roseanne, but there are things that i clearly remember that is ingrained into my psyche.

- there was this blanket they had on their couch that had a distinct look, i remember getting one in the house back in the day and deemed it the Roseanne blanket

- Dan always sat on his chair backwards, i'd try to do the same at my house, but the chairs back end was too tall, i got questionable looks

- there always seemed to be an argument in the episode and i never understood what caused it, kinda reminded me of arguments at home 

- Dan having heart attack was advertised to the gills, there was no shock or surprise to anyone under the age of 6 that the big guy was gonna have heart attack, just a matter of when in the episode

- i must have burned all those actors into my brain, because it's always a big deal when i see an old Roseanne character doing something else even if i don't care for the new show that much

- i always noticed that Roseanne's laugh was kinda out of sync during the intro, i didn't know the wonders of audio engineering and that what i was hearing and seeing were two different things

- i didn't find out about the cryptic ending until much later, it's like if i didn't go back and watch some Roseanne about 10 years back, i would have never known any better of an out of no where ending

i think about Roseanne from time to time, with a foggy memory, but i feel what remains in my memory bank of Roseanne are all the deep crystal cuts of gold that the crucible left behind, the archetypes and mythos of Roseanne should be studied and sought after in grave detail.  

you are my favorite poster

Did you know that the roast of Roseanne Barr is actually canon? Look it up it's p neat.

The Roseanneiverse is a great place to get lost in, and I can't WAIT to see what they do with the new season. Will they retcon the upsetting mind-fucking ending? Forget Twin Peaks, Roseanne is the true avant garde tele-cinema of the 1990s!

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#22 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

I never saw them as a struggling family, but then again I don't think i realized how poor we were... :(

amTr0fm.png

#23 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

- there was this blanket they had on their couch that had a distinct look, i remember getting one in the house back in the day and deemed it the Roseanne blanket

I rarely watched Roseanne but when I read this I got a mental picture of the blanket, then did an image search - and yep, it was pretty much what I imagined. I guess the Roseanne blanket made an impression on me even though I barely watched the show.

Posted Image

#24 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

I rarely watched Roseanne but when I read this I got a mental picture of the blanket, then did an image search - and yep, it was pretty much what I imagined. I guess the Roseanne blanket made an impression on me even though I barely watched the show.

Dude my family had an ill Roseanne blanket or two. I've inherited a nice quilt and afghan blanket that we all used to snuggle under when I was a lad (and watch Roseanne-esque shows under) ((also these blankets are torn to absolute shit)), but the Roseanne-esque blankets are mysteriously unaccounted for. Did such comfy yet slightly scratchy blankets get sucked quietly into the void of the Roseanneiverse around the early aughts? Methinks YES

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#25 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Also, just so you jerks know, Tina does read this thread, she just cant remember her password for theshizz and the reset form hasn't been working for her. But she greatly appreciates this thread and taunts me with its existece... :(

amTr0fm.png

#26 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,480 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

You guys have got some catching up to do.

https://www.dataloun...plain-it-to-me-

#27 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Also, just so you jerks know, Tina does read this thread, she just cant remember her password for theshizz and the reset form hasn't been working for her. But she greatly appreciates this thread and taunts me with its existece... :(

Err... aren't YOU using her account? Does she have another one?

Either way, you are welcome!
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#28 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

You guys have got some catching up to do.

https://www.dataloun...xplain-it-to-me

i'm gonna go out on a limb and figure this has become part of the Roseanne lore as well, definitively will take the time to dig through it deep.

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#29 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

i kinda want to re-watch Roseanne now, because of this thread.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#30 Serena

Serena

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

lol

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jesus

0 user(s) are reading this topic