Photo

Are You Ready For A New Star Wars Trilogy?

Star Wars Star Wars

14 replies to this topic

#1 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

http://www.starwars....ar-wars-trilogy

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY
For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

#2 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Jesus....

I mean, I knew this was going to happen, but I'm already getting sick of the yearly SW hype train for movies that have been OK, but not great.

Guess we'll see how Last Jedi turns out. If it's a turd, I know I can skip the new trilogy. Also, new thread-worthy? We have a couple of star wars posts already and it's not a surprise that Disney would be milking this cow for all she's worth.

Also, no, I'm not ready for a new trilogy, since the current one isn't even halfway over.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#3 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Am I ready? as ready as I am for pretty much any other movies. Not a big deal for me, really.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#4 TV's Frink

TV's Frink

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

Also, new thread-worthy?

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me why I never make threads here.

#5 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

I mean if we can have an Incest thread (and worse), I see nothing wrong with yet another Star Wars thread.

Star Wars movies will probably become like the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Lots of them will be bland and forgettable, but plenty of nerds will feel obligated to buy tickets day 1 anyways. Myself include. :(

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#6 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Star Wars movies will probably become like the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Lots of them will be bland and forgettable, but plenty of nerds will feel obligated to buy tickets day 1 anyways. Myself include. :(

This is where I will likely fall as well. That being said, I've become desensitized to the MCU to a degree, due to the sheer number of releases. I always end up seeing them, but not always immediately. 

I also agree with GP, R1 and TFA were decent-to-good movies but not exceptional. Though I did enjoy both immensely regardless of their flaws. If Johnson knocks TLJ out of the park I feel like this can be a winner, but we'll see in a month. If nothing else, it could serve as a reason to incorporate old EU stuff into the new canon, which I think older fans will like. 

Put some South in yer mouth.

#7 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Nope, I'm not ready.

Posted Image

#8 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'm not even ready for the current movies
(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#9 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

So is Star Wars going to be a once a year thing or 2+ times a year thing?

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#10 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

Withholding judgment until I see Ep 8. I want to see what Rian does with it before deciding to be excited or not.

There's also a TV series coming out as well.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#11 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

I am ready for a new Christmas special tho.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#12 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

I am ready for a new Christmas special tho.

In Star Wars galaxies they used to do events every year for Wookiee Life Day as a throwback to the Christmas special. It fuckin ruuuuuuuuled

eKawlATs.jpg

#13 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

So is Star Wars going to be a once a year thing or 2+ times a year thing?

Right now it's a once a year thing. One year a spin off and another year a numbered movie. I'm sure they'll try to squeeze in two a year; one for the summer and one for Christmas.

#14 weener

weener

Shizz Gawd

• Shizzified
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

This makes me glad I don't still work at the library, because they hype the shit out of anything Star Wars because they make books about it and kids get excited about it. I can't pretend to enjoy Star Wars (or Harry Potter, the other thing they do this about), so it's a drag.

"This thing is vibrating like a $50 milkshake!"

#15 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

I heard Rory Gilmore fucked a wookie. Until she fucks an ewok I'm never going to be ready for any new Star Wars films, let alone trilogies.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star, Wars, Star Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users