31 replies to this topic

#16 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

been listening now, and it feels very prepared and all, i would have guessed it could be ep 60 or 11 or something based on the professionalism of it all, good stuff, EXCITING for more.

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#17 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Are you guys on stitcher? That's my preferred podcast platform and I'd check on my phone, but it's waaaaaaay over there.

Got that Stitcher account approved today.

http://www.stitcher....8091&refid=stpr

Listened to Ep 1 this morning on my way into work! Excellent quality, 100% professional sounding mics, along with the music/website stuff/overall structure. You guys sound like you've been doing this for years! Can't wait until I have the time to play along

been listening now, and it feels very prepared and all, i would have guessed it could be ep 60 or 11 or something based on the professionalism of it all, good stuff, EXCITING for more.

Thanks you guys! That's probably the nicest complement someone can give a podcast, so thank you for that.

I can't speak for the other guys, but I feel like my time spent running a regular tabletop game online for the last year or so where I had to try and be informative and entertaining has been helpful with producing and hosting a podcast. the fact that I took a public speaking class for school over the summer, and the familiarity I had with having sloppily produced a podcast with Moldilox around 2006-2008 has made getting this thing off the ground a lot easier than had we been starting from scratch. I'd also add that, while we're not doing the same thing, knowing how much prep Patrick and Steve put into Retro Game Audio let me know that I had come at this with well-prepared notes. Even though our show is a lot less scripted than theirs, that kind of thing is important. DDGC started as an excuse for me to talk with friends about video games, but I quickly became aware that if we were going to do this, we needed to do it right, so I'm glad to hear you guys are digging it.

#18 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

This is phenomenal. You guys have nailed it, and holy shit all the information!!!!!!

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#19 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,207 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

I listened to most of this at work today and it was good real good. I definitely remember only the first three levels of nemo and always hated the train level, only ever beat that level maybe twice in my life. Maybe I should go back to it some day and try to get further.

#20 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

It's a pretty fair game until the nightmare last level. Oh boy, I've even seen the great MegaMatt get defeated by that level.

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#21 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,697 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Sweet! I'm adding it to my stitcher list ASAP and will be listening alongisde RGA :)

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#22 Heosphoros

Heosphoros

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:06 AM

I heard the hosts were a bunch of dorks

Σ

#23 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

Just finished episode 1 (and watched the movie lst night after hearing the first half of the episode, the publisher put it on YouTube in HD for free). Loved the pacing and deep-dive, clinical, and behind the scenes type stuff. Going through level by level worked great as well. Couldn’t run out of good things to say about this, really. Def gonna be a regular listener!

Only suggestion would be to maybe give a quick summary of the game and the gameplay elements super early on in the episode. i hadn’t played Little Nemo in a while so a quick refresher would be been cool before a few things that popped up in the episode, tho that might’ve just been me.

Also, don’t know if you guys have been doing this but it’s a ton of fun to try to play thru games using Nintendo power issues as your main guide or resource or whatever. Pretty easy to find scans online.

Stoked for the next episode, gonna try to make time to fire up joe and Mac !

eKawlATs.jpg

#24 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,207 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

I'm going to be way more criticizing of the Joe and Mac episode because I do love that game and have played through it a lot. Can't wait :)

Oh and for Power Line tips 

- Try to use the wheel as much as possible, one of the strongest and versatile weapons besides the fire.

- Make use of the roll (double tap a direction) and high jump (hold up and jump) as much as possible, movement and speed is important for some parts/items.

- The plant boss at I think stage 3 (whatever the vertical climbing tree level is) can easily be beaten from standing directly behind it.

- If you have an issue with lives, you can always replay older stages I think by hitting start and select. You just collect extra lives and hit start select to go back to the map and keep repeating until you have enough lives. This isn't something I realized until a few play throughs. 

#25 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Whenever I finally track down a joystick, I think Little Nemo is on the top of my list. One of my favorites NES games. About half way through the podcast, great job!

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#26 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

djinn has a good podcast voice

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#27 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

I wondered why a random VG podcast started following me online lol

i can't listen to podcasts but i wish you boys the best. i fucking loved Little Nemo and found the animal mechanic adorable

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#28 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

i can't listen to podcasts

So are you accessing your Internets through DOS, or did you come down with some extremely rare medical condition?

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Visit http://lowpursuit.simplesite.com for my various internet hangouts

#29 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

i can't listen to podcasts

So are you accessing your Internets through DOS, or did you come down with some extremely rare medical condition?

medical condition, its called I Hate Listening To People Talk lol i was trying to be nice about it

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#30 GlamGoreMuffin

GlamGoreMuffin

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

you guys are great - new things to listen to, by some cool pals! love it  :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast, retro games, games and music, music and games, stuttering, um

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users