Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

New ep is up!

lHbeHSQ.gif

This was my choice, based on the recommendation of a few of you here. I hadn't played it before now, but I'm super glad I finally did.

banner.png

#47 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

This was a v. good game and I still play it every now and then!

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#48 Moldilox

Moldilox

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

Heyooo!

In case you guys missed it, our first ep of 2018 went up this week! This one is also our first Patreon backer reward ep, featuring a bold guest host who donated enough to choose our game AND be a guest host on the show. It was fun. The game is Pocky & Rocky 2, and it's also our first crack at a shorter format (1hr 11min): http://dokidokigamec...ky-and-rocky-2/

pocky2x.png

Read my comic: BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS!

#49 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

The episodes just keep on rolling. Since we did all Nintendo NES/SNES games last round, we're breaking the mold this time around. We played a rad shooter for Genesis, Battle Mania Daiginjou

DUGrxGUVMAAiNvV.jpg

And just did Kid Dracula for Gameboy

DVIgJgEVwAEAK28.jpg

And next we're crazy enough to do a Virtual Boy game, Jack Bros. Let me know if anyone has any experience/thoughts on that one!

banner.png

#50 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,120 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

i'm guessing i'm one of the few people on the board that actually owns Jack Bros, I suppose I could try to play more than 20 mins of it and have thoughts beyond "i think it was ok?"

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#51 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

158130-jack-bros-virtual-boy-front-cover

why tf you gonna cover up snowman bro with the game title. Fatlus??????

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#52 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

4JjXPPF.jpg

banner.png

#53 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

I am distressed that I missed out on Bloodstained Curse of the Moon being the most recent entry until after it was too late to phone in. =(

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#54 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:09 AM

Went to listen today, another victim of the snapture?

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#55 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:34 PM

We got a half a year of episodes, which I think we can be proud about. It was fun, and exciting, but it was also grueling at times. Scheduling game time when potentially cooler games are calling your name from the other room was something. I absolutely loved doing NES art, but the 16 bit stuff, when done one pixel at a time like I do, really got to me too. And all this was before I spawned a kid. I'm way too busy wiping asses to do shit now.

Hope no one isn't too bummed. Kind of funny that Retro Game Audio went on hiatus around the same time too...

banner.png

#56 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

I very much enjoyed DDGC and would like to see a resurgence at some point. Hell, I'll contribute my asshat opinion if that's what it takes.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#57 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

We got a half a year of episodes, which I think we can be proud about. It was fun, and exciting, but it was also grueling at times. Scheduling game time when potentially cooler games are calling your name from the other room was something. I absolutely loved doing NES art, but the 16 bit stuff, when done one pixel at a time like I do, really got to me too. And all this was before I spawned a kid. I'm way too busy wiping asses to do shit now.

Hope no one isn't too bummed. Kind of funny that Retro Game Audio went on hiatus around the same time too...

The amount of work you guys put into that show was insane and it had the presentation and polish of a high budget podcast. Great show overall and I think knocking out even just one episode of that caliber would have been something to be immensely proud of.

Even if y’all just do one off episodes every now and then it’d still be rad. But I can certainly see how it is scheduling hell.

eKawlATs.jpg

#58 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

It was very good. There is a void in my life that was once filled by active Shizz pods 😢

shitty is now.

#59 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,947 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

For real. I need to listen to the last few, but I really enjoyed it.

For me, the best part was listening to my shizz-friends talk at length about games, and that's always nice and comforting, especially with a long commute.

If y'all do decide to do another in the future, let me know if I can be of any help, I have almost 20 years of audio experience, and I'll do it for nothing. <3

toopunk2lose.png

#60 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

are the pods down?
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast, retro games, games and music, music and games, stuttering, um

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users