46 replies to this topic

#16 Shoe

Shoe

Official Shizz Naruto Fanscribe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

Oban 14 is incredibly smooth and just at being affordable, I like it a lot. But if you're looking for a peat storm, inquire elsewhere. 

Auchentoshan I like a lot as well. Recently had the Three Barrel, almost not-scotchy but has some truly awesome flavors. 

While I was in the Netherlands, I ripped through a bottle of The Arran 14, which was definitely scotchy and drinkable, but nothing special. 

Wizwars, about the bush hogging. Just wet and part my man. Give that bush the Moses treatment and head for the Promised Land.

Whaaaaaaaaat.

#17 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

When i drank, i enjoyed the Jim Bean Black. It was smoother and nicer than regular Jim Beam, cheap enough that i could afford.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#18 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

i think i've rambled my feelings on this before but my favorite affordable bourbons are Bulleit and Woodford Reserve. anything above them in quality almost doubles in price and they are both a great sipper for $15-20 a pint

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#19 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

tumblr_oz9p3fbGj81s8ir36o1_400.gif

what's up with all these crude CG animations? take it to the ReBoot thread ;)
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#20 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

i think i've rambled my feelings on this before but my favorite affordable bourbons are Bulleit and Woodford Reserve. anything above them in quality almost doubles in price and they are both a great sipper for $15-20 a pint

I actually prefer Bulleit Bourbon above other bourbons, for Old Fashioneds.  Bulleit Rye is good on its own, too!

#21 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Bulleit is love. Bulleit is life.

As for a good, affordable scotch, I like Glenfiddich 12 year.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#22 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

When I drink hard liquor it's usually rum, whiskey makes me shit. I mostly stick to beer though.

Posted Image

#23 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

ive definitely flip flopped, from mostly drinking craft beer to mostly drinking bourbz. when i grab a beer now its usually just like, a tall can of beck's which slots nicely into the category of 'not shitty, but not expensive'

FOLLOW NOW

#24 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

I tried some Hibiki Harmony tongiht and it was delicious. Let's see how it treats my gut tomorrow.

That was at one of my favorite bars and they closed tonight, I was there for last call.

Posted Image

#25 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

Add peppermint schnapps to your hot chocolate while we are all freezing to death this week.  Go out in style, I say.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#26 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

i used to like a lot of heavy dark stouts/ porters but barely drink them anymore. a few months ago at a food festival i discovered a brewery in Flagstaff that makes a cherry pie porter that i feel in love with...but they don''t do any true commercial sales. so last week when i was up there i got two big fat 32 oz crowlers of it that i am saving for a special occasion/ most likely to pair with a pastry of some sort

FOLLOW NOW

#27 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,947 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

On election night, 2016 I got very hammered and passed out in my clothes and on top of my sheets. The responsible part: I was only barely not-drunk-enough to have the foresight to have a Lyft take me home. 

toopunk2lose.png

#28 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:33 AM

Personal Responsible Drinking Achievement Unlocked:  I did imbibe some during the weekend, but for the first time ever, I didn't black out even once during MAGFest (that's 9 mags).

#29 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

i used to like a lot of heavy dark stouts/ porters but barely drink them anymore. a few months ago at a food festival i discovered a brewery in Flagstaff that makes a cherry pie porter that i feel in love with...but they don''t do any true commercial sales. so last week when i was up there i got two big fat 32 oz crowlers of it that i am saving for a special occasion/ most likely to pair with a pastry of some sort

Ooh that sounds good.

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#30 evilsonic

evilsonic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

ooh!

My favorite scotch is Talisker 10 year.  It's on the smokey/peaty side.  I lovvvve it!  Watch out though, there are a ton of different Taliskers out there now that aren't as good.  Avoid all the Talisker Storm and Talisker 57 North or whatever.  Just get plain 10 year.

Another good one is Bunnahabhain 12 year.  It's really smooth and drinkable for a scotch.

I picked up the Talisker 10-year because it was right in the price range and the guy described it as kind of smoky with a hint of saltiness. It wasn’t until I got home that I thought it sounded familiar and HERE IT IS.

It’s pretty good, excellent call.
Remember... No matter where you go... there you are.
-Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the Eighth Dimension

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users