16 replies to this topic

#1 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

I did another playlist + pop up facts video. Check it out! 

#2 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

yessssssssssss

banner.png

#3 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,722 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

!!! Yaaaaaaa

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#4 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,302 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Heeeeeeeell yes!

Photobucket sucks but you can still listen to and download my stupid album!

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#5 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

oh hell yeeeah. 

i'm only at willow so far. i fucking ador
ed that run thru of the capcom girls photo. that's one of the best photos of vgm composers from back in the day i think. 

i didn't know titan warriors was made before strider. i always thought of it as some kind of sequel ms. tarumi's work on strider. but, it was a prequel i guess. the first TW song I heard was mars, and i instantly thought strider. not even just the compositional style, but it just sounds like the same "instrument" to me

#6 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

I might be the most suspicious person, but it's probably me, but I still find it hard to belive Minae Saito ever worked on Ducktales 2. I have to ask my good old friends Doommaster1994 about it, since he used to chat with her about game music stuff.

Also that Super Metal Crusher has some sort of similiar composition style to to Ducktales 2... but it is so hard to compare, since the first one is a PC Engine game...

Anyway nice video mate, and thanks for the shout out! :D

#7 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

i didn't know titan warriors was made before strider. i always thought of it as some kind of sequel ms. tarumi's work on strider. but, it was a prequel i guess. the first TW song I heard was mars, and i instantly thought strider. not even just the compositional style, but it just sounds like the same "instrument" to me...

Ah you know, I should've put a disclaimer on that one. We don't know the exact development time for Titan Warriors, I'm not sure if anyone does. I'll have to double check why I slotted it where I did (made the list months ago)-- you might be onto something that its development could've been closer to Strider than MM2.

#8 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

I might be the most suspicious person, but it's probably me, but I still find it hard to belive Minae Saito ever worked on Ducktales 2.

VGMPF lists it, but who knows if that's just bad info from elsewhere. I did find it interesting that a Capcom composer was supposedly still onboard for a Make Software title, but we don't really know how hands on or hands off Capcom was with those games (unless someone does know?).

#9 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:27 AM

i didn't know titan warriors was made before strider. i always thought of it as some kind of sequel ms. tarumi's work on strider. but, it was a prequel i guess. the first TW song I heard was mars, and i instantly thought strider. not even just the compositional style, but it just sounds like the same "instrument" to me...

Ah you know, I should've put a disclaimer on that one. We don't know the exact development time for Titan Warriors, I'm not sure if anyone does. I'll have to double check why I slotted it where I did (made the list months ago)-- you might be onto something that its development could've been closer to Strider than MM2.

it looks like you got it right that it was slated for release before Strider. at least according to this Famitsu snippet from Mar. '88.

it's kinda weird that this ad for games releasing in Japan shows the US title screen and name for Bionic Commando. my guess would be that Tamiya and Tarumi were sharing ideas if not outright co-composing at the time of development for both Strider and Neo-Vulgus. Tamiya's head is resting on Tarumi's arm in that photo. there's a lot of similarities between all three anyhow. honestly i don't get how one would hear MM2 in there. 

other interesting facts I learned in the meantime

- the Capcom sound team was all women until MM2. I guess I somehow knew that based on what I knew about who composed which games, but I never put two and two together that Tateishi was the first dude they got in there workin on a game. 

- Pro Yakyuu! Satsujin Jiken! was released in Japan on the same day as MM2. 

Famitsu_Neo_Vulgus.jpg

#10 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

So much fun!

Get DO.DAT YASELF an EP with songs made entirely in Warioware: D.I.Y.!

#11 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Hahahahhahaa. Any youtube user that tries to upload a Moon cover should be required to first see this as a disclaimer before they can proceed.  

UtvXTFb.png

#12 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Important stuff

#13 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

I played that video at work and it went over really well. I love all the tidbits added!

#14 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Excellent work, and that under the sea track from little mermaid sounds pretty great in 8 bit.  The tidbits were mostly interesting.  A shame you had to start with that first track though, it was really grating on the ears.  Everything else: fantastic.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#15 MrNorbert1994

MrNorbert1994

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

I might be the most suspicious person, but it's probably me, but I still find it hard to belive Minae Saito ever worked on Ducktales 2.

VGMPF lists it, but who knows if that's just bad info from elsewhere. I did find it interesting that a Capcom composer was supposedly still onboard for a Make Software title, but we don't really know how hands on or hands off Capcom was with those games (unless someone does know?).

Yes, and somebody supposedly confirmed that she composed it... but I would like to verify that myself. :P

There is literally no information about the two Make Soft composer(s) / programmer(s), exept that two guy / women, what I added info about it, since they appeared the most in those games. All I have is just raw source code, and from what I have seen so far is just astonishing. Kenji Yoshida, was the only guy who comfired me that they were formed out of Nichibutsu, and he even know that Akihiro guy, however he never worked with him directly on anything game / music related project. Altough he was happy about the cover of his Terra Cresta tune in TC2. :)

Well... the sheer idea of making sequels to that aleady dying console  about two somewhat notable cartoon series is just a mystery itself... I always think that a game development stage starts out at least 2-3 years prior to anything, so my guess is that they didn't wanted to be unreleased after all that work, unless somebody can verify me when and when exactly some Capcom games started their development.

But again... hiring and outsourced company for developing games... if I look around this whole thing possbily happened around 1989-90 considering the fact that their game after the Micronics state was made in 1990 by Now Production (Yo Noid), I guess they saw some possibilities by using oursourced companies for development to avoid publishing rights in Japan and especially in the USA (we already know what a fussle was releasing games by year and how many could you publish...). Let's see 1992... G.I. Joe Atlantis Factor and Gold Medal Challenge hit the scene, so the development was probably started for those games around 1990-1991. I guess with Make Software there could have been a legal agreement for 3 games, and that last two games were possbily delayed... delayed... until they released it, because they wanted to make some cash. : P

That's my only logical clue why those games are released so late, but again, nothing is ever confirmed and this is just MY theory, but I belive that this was the case. I mean... they already know that the FC was dead by around 1992, so they just wanted to finish their already started projects and call a day. :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users