Photo

Windows - a tribute thread to the worlds best operating system!

Sarcasm

39 replies to this topic

#16 Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Windows 10 doesn't let you have a logon sound effect. 

This is literally the worst thing that has ever happened. 

#17 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

So far Win10 has been the best version I've used. It's faster than Win7 in just about about every application and more elegant than Win8.1 while greatly expanding all the great new (long overdue) improvements to kernel level security. Win7 is just going to get exponentially less secure as the months and years progress.

Honestly aside from all that I think the best thing about upgrading has been the new file integrity/copy routines in Win10. Every version up till Win7 had a really unreliable set of copy routines which could (and would) corrupt files, especially large files. Given how I often work with massive files that need to be transfered and ordered and copied it's a huge time saver to not have to do redundant copies anymore, or CRC/MD5 checks with 3rd party software.

I do keep legacy versions installed on other computers, and my main emulation machine is gonna stay Win7/Linux for the foreseeable future, but my main work machines (that aren't Macs) are all gonna be running the latest Win10 LTSB versions.

amTr0fm.png

#18 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

I think my biggest gripe with 10 is how it decides to update at the most inconvenient of times, and there's nothing I can do about it short of doing some obscure registry hack or something. And the problem is that it uses up all of my bandwidth so I can't do anything else online until it stops. I understand the importance of security updates but come on, there must be a more user friendly way to do it.

registry hack for me, and i cherry pick the updates i want to install. but i've been doing this way since windows 2000.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#19 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

ubuntu is a pretty racist and culturally insensitive name.. but shit, it blows win 10 out of the water in every way... i had tried it like 10 yrs ago, must have been around vista times.. i wasn't convinced then and stuck with windows until 10...  never again

#20 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

considering canonical is in bed with microsoft, i wouldn't bet on ubuntu as my desktop linux choice. my work pc is loaded with mint, and running smoothly.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#21 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

ubuntu is a pretty racist and culturally insensitive name

What? How?

considering canonical is in bed with microsoft, i wouldn't bet on ubuntu as my desktop linux choice.

TFRNpw8.png

HERMIgF.png

banner.png

#22 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

ubuntu is a pretty racist and culturally insensitive name

What? How?

considering canonical is in bed with microsoft, i wouldn't bet on ubuntu as my desktop linux choice.

TFRNpw8.png

HERMIgF.png

Ken, White guy taking a piece of the culture of the peoples his ancestors conquered and subjugated for centuries - for profit!

https://en.wikipedia...rk_Shuttleworth

yeah, I got a 2nd hand laptop for free, and already had ubuntu on it so far. i've only used it a couple of weeks and already have a few gripes to be fair.

but, compared to win10... yeah... win10 is such a serious joke. 

when i was working at this job last year and also the consumer versions of win and ms office and skype and all of it we sold thru the cloud were the shit, so much better, more intuitive, less buggy than consumer versions...

so yeah, really, ms can just get fucked

#23 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

well, "based on" is not the same as "developed by the same people as" ;)
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#24 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

yeah,,, i am definitely not a cultural appropriation stickler. it can get damned silly. the dean banned yoga at some college in Canada because it was "culturally insensitive" .. that's ricrunkulous

speaking of stealing cultural names... y'all oughta go after Lousiana for stealin' Tabasco, haha ;)..

and well, speaking of stealing in general.... anyone ever use a Mac in their 5th grade computer class before Windows 3.1 released? amirite!?

#25 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

oh I was replying to Ken Oh's post about Linux Mint but I guess it also applies to yours ;)
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#26 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

yeah,,, i am definitely not a cultural appropriation stickler. it can get damned silly. the dean banned yoga at some college in Canada because it was "culturally insensitive" .. that's ricrunkulous

speaking of stealing cultural names... y'all oughta go after Lousiana for stealin' Tabasco, haha ;)..

Should Louisianians not be allowed to use Tabasco peppers?

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#27 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,572 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Just chiming in to say that the Microsoft app store is totally pathetic. most of them that I have tried don't even load, the only one I like is the Xbox app.

I'm not sure how apple is these days, I swear they are the only company that seems to give a half a shit about their digital stores.

Edge sucks, I will just stick with chrome and firefox

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#28 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

Should Louisianians not be allowed to use Tabasco peppers?

everyone should! no way. but, probably more people know about tabasco peppers and sauce than the Tabasco, MX.. just like a lot of people think Earl Grey is British still.... but it's just something they got from the Chinese in the process of reverse engineering porcelain manufacture mostly over the course of about 5-600 years after Europeans first encountered the Chinese in 1300s missions, and noticed that they were about a thousand years ahead technologically..

#29 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Racism means to claim superiority over another race. Yeah so that's not racism

#30 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Racism means to claim superiority over another race. Yeah so that's not racism

OK, "unnecessary cultural appropriation", perhaps. 

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users