Photo

Embarrassing Moments of your life that Haunt you to this day.

117 replies to this topic

#31 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

One time, back in 6th grade. I shouted "Kill whitey", not knowing what it meant, while playing football at recess. The movie Black Sheep had just come out and it was my favorite movie at the time, so I thought I was just quoting a funny line from my favorite movie. I had another kid set the record straight for me. I was mortified.

I was so dumb as a kid.

Get DO.DAT YASELF an EP with songs made entirely in Warioware: D.I.Y.!

#32 lermpy

lermpy

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Where to start...

How bout the time I thought I had come up with the ultimate insult to this jerk kid at the playground.
Me: Hey, the sign out there says they don't allow animals at the park.
Him, before I can finish: Guess you better leave then!

I was stopped dead. 20+ years later, and I still can't think of how I could've recovered from that. Something about a Jerk Store maybe?

B1utVQgCEAMnDs2.png

#33 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Ok, here's one to you give you a look into my fucked up life. Not sure if the story was true, I don't remember doing it. Must have been around 8 at the time. One of the neighborhood kids dared/tricked me into going under this dog. Again, I must have blocked it from my memory but apparently it was in heat.

That fucking story followed me all through school. Fuck Centralia, I've barely been there since Grandma died

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#34 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

I delivered Chinese food in college for a little over a semester. During the summer we got a huge lunch order for some factory. This was way before smart phones. I wouldn't have a (dumb) cell phone for another 6 years, so getting directions and finding shit on the map was a real pain. Anyway, my boss just told me the place was "behind the Popeye's on Rt.13". I went to the Popeye's on Rt. 13, didn't find any factory behind it. I had to come back to the restaurant twice before I realized he meant the other Popeye's on Rt. 13, 15 minutes North.

I eventually found the place something like 2 hours later. I brought a big box of food to a cafeteria full of angry workers. I will never forget the looks or the feels.

banner.png

#35 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

In 7th grade, a kid pants'd me while I was doing a math problem or some dumb shit at the chalkboard, and he got me hard, not just pants but underwear too.  Full exposure in front of the whole class and a girl I liked laughed the hardest.  Never fully recovered from that one.

#36 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

CncUsA8.gif
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#37 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

I have found that unexpected body contact is generally ill-advised.  

When I was like 13 my sister (12 at the time) caught me compulsively jerkin' it in the living room.  It was really late at night so I didn't think anybody would be out and about.  I don't know why I didn't just go to my bedroom or the bathroom like normal.  

#38 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

I've always been "socially awkward" and oblivious to many social cues - I feel like every time I meet someone, some cosmic deity somewhere is rolling a die to determine how badly I'll fuck our first interactions. It's amusing (and oddly comforting) to me that I'm the center of two of the stories in this thread since more often than not I feel like the one walking away with the hauntingly embarrassing memory.

Erich and Daemon as far as I'm concerned you've both got nothing to be embarrassed about. :wub:

#39 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

theres quite a few of these, but this sequence of events makes me feel bad any time i think of it

in about 2012 we were out playing pinball and i walked away while my ex was on a machine, only to see a group of goofy ass hot topic teens wearing merch of a terrible band (THE BLACK VEIL BRIDES, they basically look like 21st century MOTLEY CRUE playing cheesy bullshit) we had just found out about that week, so i turn back to where she was to giggle about it with her. i put my arms around her and whispered some shit in her ear and starting laughing...only for it to not be my ex, but instead a very young girl, probably 12 or 13. keep in mind, my ex was only 4'11'' and this girl was on the machine that i had just seen her playing when i walked away, and they both had dark hair in a ponytail at the time. i was fucking mortified. i turn around and her fucking dad is sitting right there, now standing up looking like he is about to murder me, rightfully so. i start stuttering 'oh my god, i'm so sorry, i thought she was someone else, i swear, i wasn't trying to grab a girl blah blah blah' i dont even really remember the words that came out. it was that kind of thing wear your head starts throbbing and feeling hot as time slows down. i thought i was going to get my ass kicked and then arrested so i pretty much ran out of there to find my partner. i explained it to her and she laughed. then i saw a cop (this arcade always has cops on weekends) walking around with that look like he was trying to find someone. my stomach ached and i thought i was going to shit myself. thankfully the cop was not looking for me and a few minutes later i saw the dad again with my lady by my side and he kind of gave me a weird smirk and i left

i seriously thought i was going to jail for grabbing a child.

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#40 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

I've always been "socially awkward" and oblivious to many social cues - I feel like every time I meet someone, some cosmic deity somewhere is rolling a dice to determine how badly I'll fuck our first interactions. It's amusing (and oddly comforting) to me that I'm the center of two of the stories in this thread since more often than not I feel like the one walking away with the hauntingly embarrassing memory.

Erich and Daemon as far as I'm concerned you've both got nothing to be embarrassed about.  :wub:

Your english is very good for someone from Newfoundland. 

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#41 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

When I was like 13 my sister (12 at the time) caught me compulsively jerkin' it in the living room. It was really late at night so I didn't think anybody would be out and about. I don't know why I didn't just go to my bedroom or the bathroom like normal.

Man, I always feared getting caught, especially with a religious family, but it never happened. Practically being an only child (brother was out of the house when I was 9) helped with that I'm sure.

banner.png

#42 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Does anyone else have this weird problem where they think of embarrassing random moments from their life ALL THE DANG TIME? I drive around in my car all day and have a lot of time to think, I get hit with random stupid memories pretty often and sometimes utter out loud to myself "idiot!!!". Fun stuff! Silly Mikey.

I had this really really bad at one point.  In retrospect, it was a form of OCD.  It had the obsession/intrusive thoughts (embarrassing/cringe moments) and the compulsion (yelling "idiot!" or something else like that).  I'm not sure if I can accurately describe how bad it was.  I couldn't enjoy a movie or video game because every few minutes those thoughts would pop up.  Like, I had read about "intrusive thoughts" previously but this was fucked up, it was like I wasn't in control of my own thoughts.  (And I'm just now realizing that my co-workers and neighbors must have thought I was a ticking time bomb.)

An SSRI was probably what helped the most, since I don't remember any therapist I tried seeing having any particular insight.

Also, it's kind of relieving to see a lot of people talk about things they posted, because that's one of mine :P 

#43 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,033 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

toopunk2lose.png

#44 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

I have an embarrassing license plate although I don't really care.

Daemon, don't give it away.

Posted Image

#45 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

I'm laying it all out in this thread. Every possible thing I can think of I'm going to post. It's kinda cathartic. 

During the period of time between ages--I think--7 and 11, my dad or mom would drive me and my brother to a sort-of-camp type place each morning while they went to work during Summer break. It was run by a local church, but I don't really remember much about that part other than that each day there was one class regarding some Bible stuff and when the teach would ask a question, the kid who had the right answer earned a fun size piece of candy. I remember the candy but practically none of the religion stuff. I also remember having in-depth discussions about Nickelodeon Guts with a few of the kids I befriended and that they had an NES with Excitebike and Mario 3. 

SO ANYWAY, each Summer there was a huge one-day festival at, what I assume now, is the local mega-church than ran our camp. We and several other camps would attend, also probably part of this mega-church's organization. This day was always lots of fun - activities galore: face painting, arts 'n' crafts, sports stuff, field day type activities where we earned ribbons, etc. At the end of the day there was always a huge water balloon and super soaker battle royale. 

Some of the details are pretty unclear in my head now that I'm 33. I want to say that the camp counselors were mostly in their early twenties. I think the last or second to last year -- during the water fight one of the female counselors was nearby my group. For some reason I yelled out "EVERYBODY'S SHIRTS ARE SEE-THROUGH" and broadly gestured around me...... except I ended sort of pointing and staring directly at her, where it turned out we could all clearly see her sports bra through the white camp tee. All the kids starting laughing as this poor young adult's face turned beat red, dropped her water gun trying to quickly cover her chest and running off. I felt bad having embarrassed my counselor but everybody was so engrossed in the battle that it was easy to forget about it and get back to the fun. 

Cut to an hour later, back at our camp having our late afternoon lunch. One of the guy counselors comes over to my table, leans in, and says "so I heard you saw something real good earlier today."

I'm like, "what? oh. everybody's shirts were all wet, yeah." He's like "no, no... I mean... when you looked at (whatever her name was)... what did you see?" Some of the other male counselors are starting to chuckle. 

At this point my face is turning red and I start getting really flustered. I shout "I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING", to which he and the other guys laugh. He walks away, but a few minutes later from across the room one of the other guys loudly says "hey, Justin, what'd you see again? anything you liked?" Now the girl is starting to get embarrassed again, telling them to shut up while I blurted out "I SAID I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING".

Why the fuck were these guys hassling me, a got-dang pre-prepubescent child, about some quasi-sexual stuff? Worse yet, this was mid-July; I still had at least three or four weeks of camp and I now fucking dreaded going each morning. Those particular counselors weren't always there so I still had some less stressful days. When they were there, though, I always had to watch my back, in wait that they were going to embarrass me again when the senior counselors weren't around. And they did one or two times, but I guess the joke had died out because it didn't garner much interest by that point. 

Also, I was always jealous of the kids whose birthdays were in the Summer because they got special treatment and gifts at camp year after fucking year, and since my brother and I were both born in March we got jack alongside all the other Spring, Fall, and Winter babies. There was definite resentment that the counselors were apparently oblivious to. One year a girl got a Geordi LaForge style VISOR toy, which I'm sure was cheap and not worth anything, but I was absolutely livid with jealously like I'd never experienced to that point. I wanted that thing so bad I considered stealing it. Like, I formulated a plan and everything, keeping an eye on her and where she put it all day long, knowing exactly where I could hide it. I just couldn't bring myself to go through with it. I'm still ashamed of that level of petty jealousy for a toy. 

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users