Photo

Capcom vs Konami: The Ultimate Battle (NES-only thread)

71 replies to this topic

#61 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,568 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

Who would be the regular taco and who would be the Doritos Locos taco?

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#62 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,654 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Isn't there a Street Fighter album with a Balrog rap? Punching my way through life, no time to shake your hand and be nice?

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#63 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

Isn't there a Street Fighter album with a Balrog rap? Punching my way through life, no time to shake your hand and be nice?

Pretty sure this is what you're thinking of, but even if not everyone really needs to hear the Street Fighter II - Nesshou!! Vocal Album if they haven't already. Balrog / M. Bison's theme is blues/soul, not rap. Link is timestamped but that's the whole album on the same vid.

Gief's theme is also a standout, along with Blanka's:

https://youtu.be/fQSCNTMn49s?t=34m09s

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#64 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,371 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Megan Ran was officially endorsed by Capcom for a time, so I would say that counts.

He's done a whole Castlevania album and probably other Konami stuff too, so I don't think he counts as "Capcom".

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#65 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Megan Ran was officially endorsed by Capcom for a time, so I would say that counts.

He's done a whole Castlevania album and probably other Konami stuff too, so I don't think he counts as "Capcom".

I stand by my "officially endorsed" semantics.

#66 Radioeyes

Radioeyes

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

I feel that Capcom in the late 80s/early 90s had better programmers. I feel their games really pushed the NES hardware more than Konami did. Go though each game's title screen, dont press start, and observe their prowess as shown in whatever cutscene they give (if any).

Granted, those Konami shmups were great fun, but they recycled a lot of their code and I feel they're pretty repetitive. Contrast that with some of the Wily Castle bosses in MM3 through MM6, and you see the NES do some amazing things.

#67 bucky

bucky

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,405 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

I feel that Capcom in the late 80s/early 90s had better programmers. I feel their games really pushed the NES hardware more than Konami did.

As far as the audio goes, there's no contest. Konami had much better programming and more advanced sound design.

The great Capcom soundtracks are a testament to having really good composers, but they weren't similarly pushing the limits there.

#68 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

Konami was more intricate in their music and game design, Capcom was more catchy and arcadey. Prog vs Pop respectively. I never felt like they were in competition with each other, unlike Natsume vs Jaleco vs Sunsoft vs Tecmo who were always at each other's throats assholes.

As a kid I was unaware of the complexity of Konami's sound design, all I knew is that their music had more depth and drama from the articulations, when I'd learn Konami tunes on piano or guitar I'd always use more intricate staccatos and syncopation to get the feel right, with Capcom's stuff it was more like playing in a punky jpop band where you can let notes ring open and just enjoy the good time of it without having to keep classical form and finger positions.

amTr0fm.png

#69 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

Your mom loves my classical forms and . Finger positions, lol I had some drinks tonigjt

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#70 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:09 AM

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#71 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Konami.

#72 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,414 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.u2.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users