Photo

Vince DiCola at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go September 20th 2018

lightningstrikestwice RO-KEE-FOUR dont give him the stick vin fiz legend has it til all are one if he dies he dies

21 replies to this topic

#1 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,140 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

http://www.whiskyago...t/vince-dicola/

Vince DiCola is putting on a heck of a two-hour show on Thursday September 20th 2018 at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go which will comprise of two separate sets:

1 - His new prog band - Star Saga - is debuting a whole mess of material that we're all hoping will culminate in the release of an album of insane material.  At MAGFest he was talking constantly about how excited he is for this project and it's so cool to finally see that he's getting them on stage and playing a show

2 - The other set will be a tribute to his movie, video game, and solo material throughout the last few decades.  Rocky IV, Transformers: The Movie, Saturday Morning RPG, Pet Hunters, all kinds of stuff represented.  The lineup of players for that band will actually be mostly different than the prog band:

His composing partner of many years Kenny Meriedeth will be playing guitar.  Kenny has had a hand in almost every piece of music Vince has created in every soundtrack.  Brilliant guy.
2nd keyboard player is none other than Cody Carpenter (son of John Carpenter) who recently released his own amazing album of wicked sounds, which can be found here: 
Victor (Vic) St. John i think will be doing double duty in that he's drumming for both Star Saga -and- this lineup.
Friend of Vince's Keith Horn is jumping in as a "utility player" to supplement with guitar, mallets, extra keys, and other stuff.
I'm ... uhh ... playing Stick for that set too. he emailed me and asked if i'd fly down and do it and i felt like i won the lottery twice in a row and there was no way i could say no. my wife and i were going to go anyway and then this came up and then holy shit it got real

The Whiskey seats 500 people and I'm doing whatever I can to help sell as many tickets as can be sold.  One of the things about that venue is it's a pay-to-play venue (there are many like it, that's cool) and Vince expects to lose money on the endeavor when all is said and done.  I'm trying to do my best to make sure that he at LEAST breaks even on the effort.  Opportunities for him to play out don't seem to come around too often and there's been a renewed interest in hearing his material live.  

Not thinking that a lot of ya'll are going to want to travel for a Thursday night show but if you're near the area, the whole show should be bloody awesome.

If you -are- going, PLEASE make sure to let me know somehow so that I can find you. (:  looks like tickets are $20 each and available through the link at the top or directly through ticketweb.

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#2 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

sick i was wondering if you'd be playing.

i will likely be at this show.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#3 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:04 PM

That's awesome! I'll see if I can swing it!

#4 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,890 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

fuuuk

toopunk2lose.png

#5 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Man...i probably should support the Norg

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#6 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

Way too rad. Extremely unlikely I’d make it, but hopefully there’ll be videos!

eKawlATs.jpg

#7 Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Where it is revealed that Vince DiCola, too, realized he had insufficient Norg. <3

#8 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 18,705 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

I already took the time off for it, but I just found out I'm supposed to go to LA like a week before that for a friend's bachelor party (at an Oddwood show, no less). Still gonna try, but it might have to be a drive-there-drive-straight-back kinda thing for me.

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#9 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 9,140 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

i checked with vince a couple days ago to find out about the possibilities of video being made available.  the venue itself might be able to do that and he's trying to get more information about it.  otherwise, i'm probably just going to bring a camcorder and a tripod and at LEAST get a video.  maybe my DAT recorder or something and get a board audio recording and mix the two together if necessary.  either way, there'll be SOMETHING for folks who are too far to travel for a thursday night show.  i hope. 

so cool that some of ya'll might be able to make it out!!!  i'm actually going to be hitting the ground the sunday evening before the gig to be in town for 3 days of rehearsal leading up to it.  i have NO CLUE what that is going to entail for scheduling and such but if i've got any downtime in the days leading up to it, we should like hang out or grab dinner or somerthing. :D

SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#10 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

looks like i can fly to LA after work that evening for $53, so fuckit, i'm in for it.  i put in for vacation on friday today, so once that is approved i'll buy a plane ticket.

i'll probably bum around LA for a couple days.  if anyone can give me a couch or floor to crash upon, lemme know!

#11 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

Are there tickets left for this? I REALLY want to make it, but will need to convince the wife to come out west for a fall trip when our fall is already quite busy with other travel.

Put some South in yer mouth.

#12 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

oh what the shit.  my vacation was approved, but now that i'm ready to buy a plane ticket, the prices have gone up.

#13 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 9,140 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

Are there tickets left for this? I REALLY want to make it, but will need to convince the wife to come out west for a fall trip when our fall is already quite busy with other travel.

yeah dude!! there's an event page with a link to where tickets can be bought.  it's here: http://www.whiskyago...t/vince-dicola/

that would be sweeeeeeeeeeet!

mig - i've been checking out flights almost every day and watching as they oscillate hilariously.  there's some other kind of event happening in west hollywood close to this show and it's skewing all the prices into burbank.  amy kyra and i are actually going to fly back home on the saturday instead of friday since it knocked a bunch off the plane tickets.  try different dates and see if it makes a difference.

-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#14 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,891 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

i was only specifically looking at the flight there, since i haven't decided on my return. unfortunately i can't be flexible on the flight out, as i have to leave after work the day of the show.

i'll keep an eye on it for the next few days. worst case scenario i'll just end up paying $83 instead of $53. i was just surprised to see the price go up thirty bucks in a matter of minutes.

#15 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 9,140 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

amy and i were looking at a hotel at one point and entered data in for two adults.  the price was one thing.  she forgot to add the kid (which you would think wouldn't change anything) and added the 8 year old child to the mix.  price went up 70 bucks per night.  O.o

removed the child, price went back down.  

DISCRIMINATION 

or something

-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lightningstrikestwice, RO-KEE-FOUR, dont give him the stick, vin fiz, legend has it, til all are one, if he dies he dies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users