Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

The entries are up! Head over to the duel page to listen and vote:

http://dwellingofdue...ls/18-07-intro/

The listening party is gonna take place on July 29th at 7PM EDT, on our twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/dwellingofduels

#2 Daemon9623

Daemon9623

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,853 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

Oh shit there's a Dungeon Keeper entry!

The music I make.

Simpsons Shizzposting

TAKE IT TO THE ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD THREAD, IDIOT

#3 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,565 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

Oh shit there's a Battle of Olympus entry!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#4 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Listening party in cca 10 minutes!

https://www.twitch.tv/dwellingofduels

#5 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:28 AM

Battle of Olympus - Starting the right DoD Tone. Proper. Lots of tremolo picking. The rythym guitars sounds better than the leads to my ears. The drums are very modern (same stuff i've been hearing on all those djenty tracks outside DoD). Overall, good song, good job.

Dungeon Keeper - Shred-tastic. Hey, you can play lead guitar. I think the arrangement really works here. I was headbanging all the way through the song. Great tones and great playing. \m/

Flashback - H O L O C U B E A E S T H E T I C. Some guitars thrown in, because, fuck yeah. I love the original song, so i might be biased, but fuck it, i loved this rendition. Seriously.

For The King - This month is variety month, all songs sounding very different from one another. Nice. This is very surf music like. The use of the horn / brass is really cool. and that flute-like thingy is also nice. (as you can see, i understand a lot of blow instruments. haha).

Policenauts - Do doot doot do, Orchestra-hits. This is cool, a little bit experimental and all over the place.. but nice. Good job. I'm not familiar with the original song (i know that i should rectify that), but overall, good.

Super Mario World - Not bad. Kinda of empty arrangement, but cool sounds. Nice groove. Fitting for summer (is it summer in the usa, right?). Mario World is colorful and cute, so, this fits.

Super Robots Wars Alpha Gaiden - Variety month indeed. Vocals and eurodance. It's this Initial D? Not the most perfect vocals, but i smiled a lot listening to this, so, good job.

Tecmo World Cup Soccer - No mids! who needs them stinking mids? Very thick guitars sounds on this one. I enjoyed the arrangement and playing, but i would eq the instruments very differently.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://tibone.bandcamp.com

#6 Funbuns

Funbuns

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:58 AM

Guess I'll take a crack at this.

Battle of Olympus - Knights of Olympus

Good start, nice rhythm tone til the super distorted kazoo-fart leads kinda muck things up for a moment there.  It passes quick enough though, and the rest at least holds my interest.

Dungeon Keeper - It's good to be bad

Nice rhythm guitar tone again, though a bit slow and chuggy.  Reminds me a bit of Pantera in the bad sense.  Shame it gets kinda monotonous and doesn't really go anywhere with the arrangement, I feel like they could've done a lot more with it.

Flashback - Holocube

80s synth as hell and I fucking love it.  Modern sounding heavy guitar almost seems tacked on just because it's DoD and everyone's expecting it.  Not familiar with the source material on this one either, but I enjoyed it like crazy nonetheless.

For The King - For His Majesty's Secret Service

I like the slow surf vibe so far.  Nice brass work around the middle.  Cool shift in tone altogether around the end there.  Not bad.

Policenauts - Astrocops

Fuck yeah, more 80s-y goodness!  Also I didn't even know that "Doot Doot" bit in the Metal Gear Solid 1 opening came from this.  The more you know, knowing is half the battle, etc.  Guitar was alrightsies and the synth stuff was cool as shit, but I do kinda wish it had been a little longer, even if it meant taking a couple more liberties with the arrangement here and there.

Super Mario World - Intro Theme

It fits the bill, it fits the tone of the source material, and the execution wasn't too bad but the arrangement or lack thereof still feels really bland and uninspired.  Nextsies,

Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden - Steel Messiah

Vocals come off a bit too loud in the mix.  Also, it's JAM Project, it's generally gonna be hard to do justice to the feel of like 3 or 4 distinctly different singers on one song.  This is the kinda thing that a collab would've helped drastically improve.  Aside from that, the rough translation flowed about as well as most good JP to EN song localizations.  Meaning not bad and fairly true to the tone and meaning of the original, but the flow of the whole thing is always going to leave something to be desired (unless it's the Yu Yu Hakusho OP, then you're golden).

Tecmo World Cup Soccer - Play with an open heart

DAT.  BASS.  Pretty straightforward guitar lead stuffs, but the funky kinda groove to the whole thing pulls it together and makes it work well enough.

"I'm nuclear, I'm wild..." - Gandhi

#7 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

I don't know how to vote when all the entries are so good. Submit more suckage next month.

#8 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Results are gonna be up a bit late (most likely tomorrow morning). But I might post the next theme tonight and then just the results later.

#9 gdemigilli

gdemigilli

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for stopping by my page! I’m Demi Gilliam.
Even though I jokingly credit my mother for my writing talent, I know that it is a skill I have fostered from childhood. Though my grandmother is a writer, I also started out young.
I’ve always had a way with words, according to my favorite teacher . I was always so excited in history when we had to do a research writing assignment.
Now, I help current learners achieve the grades that have always come easily to me. It is my way of giving back to schools because I understand the troubles they must overcome to graduate.

Demi – Academic Writer – Booksliveforever Band

#10 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for stopping by my page! I’m Demi Gilliam.
Even though I jokingly credit my mother for my writing talent, I know that it is a skill I have fostered from childhood. Though my grandmother is a writer, I also started out young.
I’ve always had a way with words, according to my favorite teacher . I was always so excited in history when we had to do a research writing assignment.
Now, I help current learners achieve the grades that have always come easily to me. It is my way of giving back to schools because I understand the troubles they must overcome to graduate.

Demi – Academic Writer – Booksliveforever Band

Guillotine

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users