I just really like thinking creatively about games and daydreaming game dev stuff. I was originally going to title this "Fix a Bad Game", but I didn't want to restrict it like that. These don't have to be bad games, just games with at least one small flaw, but, it would apply to kusogē more than anything.
- Leveling up gives each character 2 in each attribute, and then only give 20 points during character creation, 10 max in any one attribute. Most of what's wrong with this game could be fixed by this. How it is now, leveling up just gives you more hitpoints, so everyone just amassed exp and golde while it's still easy at level 1. Doing this would give a real incentive to level up early, and then Ambrosia/the shrines would give you the top 25% of benefit of attributes.
- Weapons could all be redone. None of it really makes sense, in that it never makes sense to not have ranged weapons if you can get bow or silver bow. Maybe ranged weapons should only be made as usable items (in that, you're only buying ammo)?
- Mystic Weapon/Armor can't be used outside the final castle.
- Classes are a fucking irredeemable mess. There are only so many ways to cut the pie between each class. Maybe Druids get up to 65 MP, but then also regen faster? Maybe Illusionists can summon creatures during fights? Maybe Alchemists can spend golde/exp/MP/whatever to make consumables you usually get at shops (torches/gems/keys/etc.) and could Cure at low levels. All this would be a lot of work.
Zelda 2 [NES]
- I love the game as-is, and I would actually make it harder! I consider the jump-slash you can used on enemies with a shield kind of an exploit, so the fix would be to remove the ability to do that.
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest [NES]
- Almost everything needed has been done: http://www.thealmigh...sRedaction.html except making the bosses harder and more interesting.
Deadly Towers [NES]
- This game is as garbage as it gets and there's no way out! (Somewhat kidding...I do think there is potential, but I need to take more time to think about it...).
Do any of you have any more ideas?