Photo

Magfest XVII - Super Magfest:OutNumbered!

440 replies to this topic

#436 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 PM

Hotel lottery is as it was last year - pre-reg people are given a link to be put into a waiting room until 7pm EST, then everyone waiting in the queue gets randomly given a number in line. You could have been the first one in the waiting room, but been dropped in slot #1405 in the line to grab a hotel room. This was the only way they could be "fair" to everyone. As far as I know, the entire harbor sold out of hotel rooms under the MAG block in the first half an hour hotel reg opened up, same as last year.

This is likely going to be the first Super MAG I miss since I started with MAG 10. It's very disheartening, but between hotel room chaos and the fact it's gotten too big for me to enjoy anything other than room hangouts, it's not worth the hassle. I'd be open to off-site Shizz gathering and maybe Ubering in if there's any music I really want to catch, but that's about it. =/

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#437 Magicalyardgnome

Magicalyardgnome

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

Honestly, I’m over it. It’s too big, they don’t seem to have their shit together, and it’s just a cluster every time.

I'm almost to that point myself. I do feel like going though since I missed last time, we'll see.

Posted Image

#438 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,191 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

I garbled up the deadline and registered 24hrs too late to be in the lottery. I’ve only heard of one of us who actually got a room at the GayLord..

shitty is now.

#439 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 PM

I had a really great time both times I attended MAG, but it really has become a stressful mess. All this and before they've even announced any shows or guests.

#440 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,951 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Hotel lottery is as it was last year - pre-reg people are given a link to be put into a waiting room until 7pm EST, then everyone waiting in the queue gets randomly given a number in line. You could have been the first one in the waiting room, but been dropped in slot #1405 in the line to grab a hotel room. This was the only way they could be "fair" to everyone. As far as I know, the entire harbor sold out of hotel rooms under the MAG block in the first half an hour hotel reg opened up, same as last year.

This is likely going to be the first Super MAG I miss since I started with MAG 10. It's very disheartening, but between hotel room chaos and the fact it's gotten too big for me to enjoy anything other than room hangouts, it's not worth the hassle. I'd be open to off-site Shizz gathering and maybe Ubering in if there's any music I really want to catch, but that's about it. =/

It’s still a clusterfuck though. I just talked to someone who was like #500 in the queue and still couldn’t get one of the 1500 rooms at the Gaylord itself.

Dj5ZiPN.png

#441 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,577 posts

Posted Today, 12:37 AM

Long Live MagWest

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users