126 replies to this topic

#1 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

There's a new game coming from Obsidian that looks like a melding of Fallout: New Vegas and Mass Effect with a bit of BioShock thrown in.

Looks pretty cool but a bit lame that romancing won't be a reality in the game.

More info here: https://www.polygon....new-rpg-preview

#2 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Dang I'm torn.  Their past work is impressive enough to make me want the game, but...it seems like they're going for a particular brand of "silly" that really isn't my thing.

I should probably just play Mass Effect.  I still haven't even tried those ones.

#3 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

Dang I'm torn.  Their past work is impressive enough to make me want the game, but...it seems like they're going for a particular brand of "silly" that really isn't my thing.

I should probably just play Mass Effect.  I still haven't even tried those ones.

You absolutely should play Mass Effect! You can get it cheap on PC. It's backwards compatible on Xbox One. It's on PS3. 

It looks a little silly but I wonder if it will be like Borderlands silly or more like New Vegas silly i.e. it has a serious tone with plenty of silly moments both intentional and unintentional.

#4 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

Oh my god I'm in love with this already.  The opening has the protag in a cryogenic case (a la Fallout 4) and the anti-corporate tone of the game is a not-so-subtle fuck you to Bethesda.  I feel like I'm definitely being suckered a bit by marketing, but I have high hopes.  I love the creatures they've shown, and their treatment of the frontier sci-fi setting looks amazing.

#5 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

I am excite, all i needed to here was New Vegas and Obsidian, pump

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#6 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,925 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

What the fuck is this half-knockoff-half-improvement of Fallout? I really do not understand why they have made this so mindbogglingly similar to Fallout and dubbed it its own property. Visually and atmospherically identical, from what I can see, despite new assets.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#7 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

It looks way better than the last 2 fallouts

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#8 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

I really do not understand why they have made this so mindbogglingly similar to Fallout and dubbed it its own property.

Because it's the original devs of Fallout, and they want to make a Fallout game, but they can't because some other company "owns" the rights to Fallout?

I read the article and actually, it sounds reallllly good.  I think I just got turned off by the video trailer.  It's very...Hollywood Marvel movie.

#9 Trohnics!

Trohnics!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

I'm digging it. I'll probably try this one even though Fallout games usually don't tickle my fancy.

Sy3yrKe.png?3

#10 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:37 PM

as long as I can do console commands like in fallout to make it tolerable 

amTr0fm.png

#11 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,925 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

I really do not understand why they have made this so mindbogglingly similar to Fallout and dubbed it its own property.

Because it's the original devs of Fallout, and they want to make a Fallout game, but they can't because some other company "owns" the rights to Fallout?
Like, I get it, they want to make a Fallout game, but how about changing anything in how the world looks, so it's not just a copy-paste universe? Gameplay is gonna be way better, and story will too for sure, but the visuals of a game from a universe created by Obsidian have so much potential, and this property completely squanders all of that.

TL;DR Fallout is too dumb to want to just make a new Fallout.

Game still gone be hella good.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#12 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

Like, I get it, they want to make a Fallout game, but how about changing anything in how the world looks, so it's not just a copy-paste universe? Gameplay is gonna be way better, and story will too for sure, but the visuals of a game from a universe created by Obsidian have so much potential, and this property completely squanders all of that.

Game still gone be hella good.

Wait, what ? I don't really understand these criticisms, it looks nothing like any of the previous fallout games to me. 

I definitely want this. A Fallout-like game in space ? Yes please.

#13 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

ohhhhhh, wait, do you just not like Fallout?

I mean I'd probably take as many Fallout games as I can get, really.

#14 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,925 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:06 AM

Re:Valence/Daemon: Wait, really? Because that's exactly how I'd describe the entire world look with the exception of like 2 Bioshock-esque locales that look much more interesting and less stale by comparison.

And nah, re: pingo, I don't like Fallout much anymore. I dug Fallout 3 and NV a bit, that's about all. I've been meaning to go back and try out 1 and 2 because I got them on Steam, but Fallout 4 was miserable and any future instalment is just gonna be either this godawful 76 concept or something much, much worse. Fallout was a fine idea but it's time to take it off of life support.

#15 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:38 AM

I think it’s looks good! Futurama Fallout. NICE.

eKawlATs.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: obsidian, mass effect, fallout, rpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users