10 replies to this topic

#1 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Can you hook your PS4 up to a VHS cassette with a cord on it hooked to the HDMI zone like those cassettes with a cord you can play music with in your cassette deck car stereo?

Possibly theorem/solution within, not safe for work:

Spoiler

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#2 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 8,753 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

I was going to ask how tracking would work but then I looked in the spoiler tag.

banner.png

#3 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

This is definitely a far out idea, I would reckon that no such has ever existed if not for technical reasons for economic ones. I don't know enough to say it is possible or not.

Do you know that all those cassette adapters are made in the same factory and they get branded differently?
I've owned several and scrapped a few of friends as well. They always made too much clicking and whirring noises, 
get this
you take them apart and there is clockwork inside.
It does nothing, take it out and the noise stops, the flip tape feature still works.

Somewhere there is a factory where people are installing totally superfluous clockwork in your cassette adapters and nobody has the nerve to say anything about it.
Or maybe nobody involved in the production has a cassette tape deck. Sad and bizarre.

#4 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Why was I just thinking about this the other day?

Aren't audio tapes coming back into style? I wonder if there's a reverse tape adapter that connects to your bluetooth audio system. Full circle

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#5 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

Digression from OP but in theory this is acheivable, A wireless cassette adapter would need power to work...

In my experience tape decks with integrated amps get pretty hot so a few square inch wafers of peltier junction (thermoelectric converter) could probably turn that heat into electricity for the bluetooth receiver and the signal at the part of the cassette adapter that interfaces with the tape decks reader requires only a line level signal.

#6 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Aren't audio tapes coming back into style? I wonder if there's a reverse tape adapter that connects to your bluetooth audio system. Full circle

Tapes are dumb. I had to live with formats that ate my recordings when I was a youngling. No more, hipsters!

#7 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

Tapes are dumb. I had to live with formats that ate my recordings when I was a youngling. No more, hipsters!

I agree. Plus you had to guess where the next song was if you wanted to fast forward to it.

Just use your phone and a bluetooth connection when in the car. 

#8 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

I think if you found some HDMI to analog converter and plugged it into a VCR you wouldn't get what you want. If it uses a standard anything like DVD copy protection, you end up with a scrambled picture and/or garbled audio.

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#9 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

I agree. Plus you had to guess where the next song was if you wanted to fast forward to it.

I'm not saying tapes aren't dumb, just something I've noticed as far as bandwagon nostalgia goes. The fascination with mixtapes has only grown since the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I can't stand how tape film gets worn so easily. And I couldn't tell you how many tapes of mine have been eaten by tape decks.

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#10 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,921 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

But you guys, tape sounds so warm, don't you want your pixels and polygons to look warm, too?

#11 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

I'm not saying tapes aren't dumb, just something I've noticed as far as bandwagon nostalgia goes. The fascination with mixtapes has only grown since the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I can't stand how tape film gets worn so easily. And I couldn't tell you how many tapes of mine have been eaten by tape decks.

If your tape gets worn it's time to format a new mixtape!
Tapes were way superior to CDs for use in the car, and if you can't commit to listening to the album and need to skip around in the songs when you should be focused on driving safely you need to reevaluate your priorities. Nobody wants to end up in the hospital because they needed to shuffle songs or eat sunflower seeds or pick your nose or whatever.

But you guys, tape sounds so warm, don't you want your pixels and polygons to look warm, too?

Gotta have that HI FI audio, gotta have that constant background sound of eggs sizzling in an adjacent room in 180 gram high fidelity!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users