3 replies to this topic

#1 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

Songs are up! 9 main entries and one alt!

http://dwellingofdue...els/19-02-snow/

Those who post reviews here or on the DoD forums get a weight boost for their votes!

Send votes to dodsongs@gmail.com

This months listening party will be held tomorrow (Wednesday) over at www.twitch.tv/dwellingofduels at 8PM ET

FB event: https://www.facebook...18517935683105/

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:56 AM

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! - North Polaris
Good guitar tone, good playing. I don't know the source, but the arrangement is cool. The break reminds of Animals as Leaders, but with 6 strings.

Donkey Kong Country - The Northern Hemisphere is Melting, And We're All Going to Fucking Die
Long song is long, the whole intro seems.. wasteful? I'm not sure. But once the song gets going, it's cool, very prog.
I liked it, parts of it reminded me of Yes, and that is always a great thing.

Dragon Saber - Ice Cave
Cool beats, cool synths. I really like your guitar tone.
This whole 80s vibes works really well with this song.

Dragon Saber - Ice Cavern
Same song, same-ish vibes, very different arrangement. Interesting choices.Chill, and cool.
The beats are a tad repetitive, but in context, makes sense.

Mega Man X - What's with this duck?
What's with this lack of bass on most of the song? The synth is very thin, but it kinda works.
I like your drum sounds, and your guitar playing. Your tone seems a bit trebly, but that might be a personal preference. The arrangement is a bit all over the place. But, it didn't get repetive or boring, so good job.

Ristar - Frozen Fingers
Ristar! and Funky Guitars. you won me on the first 3 seconds. This is happy and upbeat and i like it.And the great playing just adds more on it. Great job!

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Secret of the Snow Plow
This was good, i'm not really sure about the arrangement, because i'm not really familiar with the source material (i know, i know). But still, i like the playing and the sounds and everything was nice to my ears. good job.

Stardew Valley - The Wind Can Be Still
This is really good, and chill and nice, and the kind of music i would like to make. Add a bit more of "flashyness" to it and it remind me of Andy Timmons, which is the god-tier of this kind of music. So, yeah, grea job.

Super Mario Kart - Bossa Snowva
This is nice, chill. The acoustic guitar could be a bit better played? I liked the piano sound and the arrangement is very close to the original, but it works.
Good Job.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

http://ko-fi.com/tibone/

#3 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

No Crash Team Racing entries. :(

#4 darmock

darmock

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:13 AM

REVIEWS (gawd I am sorry if these are harsh)

1. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! - North Polaris

Nice guitar tone. Bass felt a little buried. Drums could come out more in the low end. Not much representation in the high end during the early part of the song, but like how it's less mid-toney later. Kinda odd the way it ended

2. Donkey Kong Country - The Northern Hemisphere is Melting, And We're All Going to Fucking Die

Intro is super subtle, may take too long getting to the spoken word part. But it's good to hear someone using this as a platform to bring up this topic. We're heading for some more troubling times if we don't make some changes fast. Guitars once the buildup has peaked are cool sounding but feel somewhat lacking depth in the mix. Like the almost surf rock tone though.

3. Dragon Saber - Ice Cave

Nice lead guitar tone. The keys tone/patches shine more. Drums feel a little flat in the snare, but the snare patch changed a few times. Maybe a velocity issue?

4. Dragon Saber - Ice Cavern

Nice guitar tone here too. Percussion is neat and creative. I like the purposeful lack of low end in the percussion and bass. Would like to hear the keys in the bg a touch louder.

5. Mega Man X - What's with this duck?

The guitar needs some cleaning up in the beginning. The tone is pretty good, but maybe needs more sustain. Bass solo is a little rough and kinda trebley. Sounds like bass picking, which my preference tends to be not pumping too much mid-range into the tone so it doesn't get too raspy. I can tell a lot of effort went to into this track, so please keep going!

6. Ristar - Frozen Fingers

Nice Jackson 5 guitar tone in the beginning, but it gets super buried when the synth comes in. Later lead guitar tone is nice. The keys patch is great overall.

7.  Seiken Densetsu 3 - Secret of the Snow Plow

Violin intonation needs work. Pluck pluck pluck pluck.

8. Stardew Valley - The Wind Can Be Still

Lots of bass drum. hard to hear other stuff playing with them so far in front. lead guitar too quiet, but sounds like it was played pretty well.

9. Super Mario Kart - Bossa Snowva

Rhythm guitar is squeaky. Non-snare drums/percussion are a little quiet.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Less talk. More synthehol.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users