291 replies to this topic

#16 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

Hmm - this might be a little tough financially since I have a four-day trip to Portland planned with friends on Labor Day weekend, but I don't think I have any plans that conflict (unless work is ridiculously busy).  I'll see what I can do!

If you still feel like money might be tight, DM me and I'll try to get you a free ticket. Or we will all pitch in a few bucks to get you with your Shizz brethren. 

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#17 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

Hmm - this might be a little tough financially since I have a four-day trip to Portland planned with friends on Labor Day weekend, but I don't think I have any plans that conflict (unless work is ridiculously busy).  I'll see what I can do!

If you still feel like money might be tight, DM me and I'll try to get you a free ticket. Or we will all pitch in a few bucks to get you with your Shizz brethren. 

I appreciate that!  I have enough time that I should be able to set some money aside for this, but I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks again!

#18 Maiko

Maiko

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

I'll probably be there!

0sOrjsY.png

#19 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Yeah I'd kick in if someone needs help to make it this year.

I'll probably have to miss this MagWest, will be spending like a month in Europe so that's taking a lot of vacation time/money.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#20 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

pfft, one month long vacations in Europe, such a silly excuse. If you don't want to go, just say it!

;)
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#21 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

nEwT, you should fly up to Cali!
DNa7A7D.jpg

#22 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

:wub:

I don't have the money nor the days off work necessary but thanks anyway!

Also, you people would make fun of my terrible accent and poor social skills :c

<3
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

#23 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

Oh I know, just messing with you people. We're all big nerds here (:
Spoiler

#24 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

Still undecided as to whether or not I’m feeling it this year, we’ll see

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#25 zyko

zyko

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

i'm in

Sad Man on a Rock - coming 20idunno!

#26 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

tl;dr: Hi, been a while. I'll be there!

So I burned out real hard after MAGWest last year (unrelated personal life stuff) and never posted a summary or actually anything at all on The Shizz since then. I have had most of this sitting in a text file for the last six+ months, waiting for me to have enough spare brain to sit down and make it coherent and I'm finally mostly there. I feel sort of stupid posting half a year later but since we have a West 2019 thread now I figured I should probably just post it, maybe it'll remind people of good times last year.

ANYWAY. Hi theshizz, it's been a minute. MAGWest 2018 ruled for me. Music was amazing, hangouts were fantastic, basically every regret is that I didn't get to hang out with more of you more often. But that is the reality of fast moving events like this and I am not good at chaos management. Still though, A+, would MAG again.

A non-exhaustive list of highlights:

+ Daemon, Eddie, Crimson? In MY room? It's more likely than you think!
    + FMK all things
     - Didn't get to hang enough with Crimson!
+ Getting to chat with Monte and Pingo! I rarely get to say more than just "hi your show ruled", I think this might have been the first time I've ever really gotten to talk to Monte at all honestly.
+ Meeting everyone I had not met, and seeing many I have met but hardly get to hang with
    + Met Eric Dad! And Raub!
    - Missed Weener :(
    - Only got to see Mrtame for like five minutes. We need to hang sometime, we're close enough we could pull it off!
    + Got to meet Bimmy and talk shop about synths and stuff! He came up and said hi because he saw me waving a Microkorg over my head with both hands like Donkey Kong
- Oftentimes I kinda ended up in separate spots from people, which is probably just the reality of having different groups and things going on simultaneously, but you know
+ Got the Philz
    - Also consequently, the shitz
+ Vic Viper was amazing as always and think this was the tightest I've ever seen them.
    ++ Double double dragon
+ Super MadNES! Always a good show, but they were the first mainstage show on Friday for me and that just kicked the weekend off right. Their Vampire Killer cover ("Deja Vu") was one of my "get through shit" songs for the last few weeks and when they got to the harmonies and solos at the end I basically just threw myself into it completely.
+ Got a weapon
    + SAVAGE
+ Meeting the Runaway Four in person (on Thursday night! Surprise!) and see Polarbear's awesome max patch, and hear that really cool Jamspace set and then completely different songs on the main stage. R4 owns.
+ Got a triple keytar photo!
+ We had this amazing hangout around a table with a couple of keytars and synthesizers on Sunday night. We were there for hours. The crew around the table was this intersection of people I knew from MAGWest, fest, college, childhood, etc. There were people there I'd known my whole life and people I'd met the same day.
- A lot of people had to leave early which was too bad but I'm glad we got to hang at all
+ Couple of my local friends are becoming VGM show regulars, yay!
- No other Koopas this MAGWest :(
    + Because babies! Yay!
+ Some music I didn't know well/at all but really enjoyed seeing - Tetrimino, Naju, Extra Lives, The Megas
- Some music I wanted to see but had to miss for various reasons

Obviously there's a whole bunch more to tell but call this a cross-section of how fun it was. I went in tired and burnt out and expecting to zombie through and one thing after another just kept me going in the best way.

Thanks everyone, y'all are amazing. Let's do it again.

#27 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

So they just posted up about badges. Theyll be $75 per person but a group booking of 5 or more is only $50 each. Theres also a $20 discount for registering early but idk if that applies to group bookings. If we get a list of whose for sure going we should grab that group rate

Dj5ZiPN.png

#28 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

I've decided that I am

1) going to MAGwest

and

2) Excited about it.

the artist formerly known as wizwars.

now in the night we met.

#29 WilliamTheBard

WilliamTheBard

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

So stoked to finally meet you!

So they just posted up about badges. Theyll be $75 per person but a group booking of 5 or more is only $50 each. Theres also a $20 discount for registering early but idk if that applies to group bookings. If we get a list of whose for sure going we should grab that group rate

I'll be there, and so will my lady!

#30 jvincion

jvincion

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

This thread is difficult for me because it has the last thing that Sean ever said to me in it. Always so positive.

I'm going. I will find a way to make it work. To celebrate Sean's life and to see my Shizz family again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users