299 replies to this topic

#286 Bimmy

Bimmy

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Katamari make me laugh so hard I pulled some muscle in my side abdomen. They still hurt. Tube Raider

#287 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

Hey Bob, 90210 is my favorite Stemage song too!
DNa7A7D.jpg

#288 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:05 PM

I meant the Bubsy one!

#289 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

I meant the Bubsy one!

What the hell is the actual name of that song? I thought I knew all the cuts but I can't find "that track with the Gary Moore hammer on part"

#290 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

It's "Thrifty" from Zero over Zero! I love that little chorus thing that comes in I think three times, it's like everything in the song up to those points was a buildup to it. I think it was the first of his originals that really earwormed into my brain and I'm really happy he plays it live.

#291 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

Hey Shizzies, this is probably a long shot but I need your help. I just got the unfortunate news that the film crew for MAG got zilch of the Saturday night sets, and I didn't do my own recording of the Birthday set since I was told they were handling it. So far, Bimmy is the only cat who caught anything. If you have any clips, I'd love to get them! We were really hoping for a recording of that set, and figured asking here is more conducive to positivity than me being extremely bummed about the reality.

#292 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

It's "Thrifty" from Zero over Zero! I love that little chorus thing that comes in I think three times, it's like everything in the song up to those points was a buildup to it. I think it was the first of his originals that really earwormed into my brain and I'm really happy he plays it live.

Figured it out! Ground Pink. He goes right from Thrifty into it, and I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

#293 SSS key

SSS key

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

+ Meeting lots of new Shizzies, and some old time familiar ones

+ Hanging out extensively with Wizwars and Zyko (and their friends)

+ Lot of people from the right crowds playing my game

+ Seeing the minibosses play for the first time in 9 years, drummer and kids were awesome

+ The glitchy Megaman stuff going on behind the minibosses

+ The people under the stairs

+ Played lots of games, new and old

+ Watching an improved Kevy Wizwarz shred on his guitar and then leave to get a glass of water with music still playing and joyously confusing the shit out of everyone for about 30 seconds

+ Talking to 88-bit for like 15 minutes before realizing who he was

+ Listening to super hero film connoisseurs in the middle of the night

+ People jamming in the downstairs lobby at 3 am

- no games vending hall?

- missing most of the music performances due to talking with people at my booth

- not ending up hanging out with a few of the shizz, notably Weener

- losing way too much sleep playing Mario Paint for no reason

- the expensive parking area

Bingo... O ho ho ho!!

#294 Kirk

Kirk

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:57 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/481696051

i didnt know this was twitched and i havent seen the boys in a great while even footage wise

sgy5Biv.gif

#295 mana

mana

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

Sorry for posting late but thanks for hanging out and coming to see the whatever various shows I was in! That was definitely the most fun MAG I've been to. And it was awesome to meet so many Shizzies; I've always been adjacent to The Shizz (e.g. OCReMix and/or Materia stuff) but you guys have welcomed me very much! It's also great to reconnect with old buds too. Shoutout to "MAG Underground" (lmao).

I've heard back from MAG staff that we can go ahead and start sharing links from the official recordings; I'm most proud of being able to play with Stemage for Kobayashi's set and our B/I/R/T/H/D/A/Y set too, but the latter somehow didn't have a recording (I don't know the details but it sucks that it doesn't have video). But the Kobayashi set is here!

I think she had a good time at MAGWest, especially that show. So thanks for coming out! I saw a lot of Shizzies there.

#296 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

I told you this IRL, but I really enjoyed all 3 of your sets. Jamspace was so much more comfortable for me with my current back pain; I could sit and still see and feel like I was close to the stage. Kobayashi's set may have been my favorite of the weekend.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#297 mana

mana

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

I told you this IRL, but I really enjoyed all 3 of your sets. Jamspace was so much more comfortable for me with my current back pain; I could sit and still see and feel like I was close to the stage. Kobayashi's set may have been my favorite of the weekend.

Oh yeah, I do remember that! Thanks again! Yeah that was a good space for a lot of reasons; I'm always for having chairs in a spot like that.

I think the Kobayashi one was my favorite too, don't tell Papahoodwinker!!!!

#298 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

Oh yeah, I do remember that! Thanks again! Yeah that was a good space for a lot of reasons; I'm always for having chairs in a spot like that.

I think the Kobayashi one was my favorite too, don't tell Papahoodwinker!!!!

The Kobayashi set was one of my favorites too, but don't tell me that! Also Infinite Combo.

#299 Kevin Gnartinez

Kevin Gnartinez

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

Minibosses set is up on YouTube https://www.youtube....h?v=ZjH6MMq3BCM

And as it goes on the audio ends up being out of sync with the video by several seconds

Also not the best stereo mix, I listened in Mono and it was better.

i make music as wizwars, and also sometimes in the night we met.

co-founder of 8bitLA, putting on nerdy music events since '12

#300 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

Still pissed that everything after 8 PM got lost in the Jamspace. Lots of great sets (I'm biased) that only the beige drapes and some Shizzies will remember. I will carve them into stone, and hurl them from the mountains

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users