362 replies to this topic

#361 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

I still have a hard time believing it fucking happened.

#362 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:14 PM

I'm not quite sure how "indictment" is used in this context.  That usually refers to a situation where there's no arrest, but a grand jury is convened and charges are brought against a person in that manner.  You usually see that more in corporate settings.  In this case, it might just be a misstatement about how charges have actually been brought, but that's still confusing since she's been in custody this whole time, which couldn't have been possible without an arraignment, where charges are officially brought and the defendant submits a plea.  

This is different than what I'm used to, but I suspect it's progress, albeit expected progress.  We knew charges would be filed.  In fact, I thought they already had.  Sam might have more detailed info, but this seems like a necessary-and-expect step.

No, I'm with you on this.  Admittedly, every state can set up its criminal procedure in different ways, so maybe this is just how Nevada does things.  It seems a little backward to me, since a not-guilty plea was already entered and all, but I don't know Nevada law.  If I had to guess, this is just the next step in the process of moving things along.

...Okay, now I'm seeing an article stating that the arraignment won't be until Thursday.  So now I'm extra confused, but I'm still going with 'next step in the process.'

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#363 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Pamela plead not-guilty...again? today and the next court date is June 4th.

Goddamnit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users