225 replies to this topic

#121 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

We should really figure out how we’re all gonna communicate when we’re there. Danimal mentioned something called Signal, does that work for large groups? Shizz discord?

Dj5ZiPN.png

#122 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

I don’t really know what “dress to rock” means. I’m predicting mostly casual dress plus Mig in a suit🤵..

shitty is now.

#123 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:05 PM

I don’t really know what “dress to rock” means.

https://media.giphy....ZVCEg/giphy.gif

#124 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

I know that I want to watch Simpsons with folks at some point, maybe many points. I've been doing so with roommates and it has helped. I'll have my computer with me, hopefully the wifi is good.

#125 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,183 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

I don’t really know what “dress to rock” means. I’m predicting mostly casual dress plus Mig in a suite ..

wait, where did "dress to rock" come from?  maybe i won't bring my suit afterall...

you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#126 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

I'm honestly feeling pretty bad about not being able to go. Please know that I absolutely would want to be there if I could, but it just isn't going to work out for me. Is there maybe something happening late Saturday night or Sunday that I could call into or something?

#127 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

I know that I want to watch Simpsons with folks at some point, maybe many points. I've been doing so with roommates and it has helped. I'll have my computer with me, hopefully the wifi is good.

I'm done for the!

Is the dress code going to be more dressed up? Kind of got the impression that not really...I know it's a memorial service but this isn't really a typical one either.

#128 Scrab Cakes

Scrab Cakes

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

I don’t really know what “dress to rock” means. I’m predicting mostly casual dress plus Mig in a suite ..

wait, where did "dress to rock" come from?  maybe i won't bring my suit afterall...

I don't know about that exact quote, but I saw that the Facebook event says: "No formal attire required. Come dressed to party. Concert/festival dress encouraged." Seems like they're going with more of a celebration of life feel than a straight-up memorial.

I'm relieved because I feel like Daemon would have preferred we all come together as ourselves, looking the way we're most comfortable with, like any other Shizzie get-together. This is already going to be so difficult emotionally and throwing unnecessary physical/social discomfort on top of that wouldn't really help anybody.

On a personal note, for my own mental health I've also been making an effort lately to express myself more with my outward appearance, and it's really demoralizing if/when I have to rein that in.

#129 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

Daemon liked ties AND T-shirts, just like the NESkimos AND the Minibosses

#130 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

I don't know about that exact quote, but I saw that the Facebook event says: "No formal attire required. Come dressed to party. Concert/festival dress encouraged." Seems like they're going with more of a celebration of life feel than a straight-up memorial.

I'm relieved because I feel like Sean would have preferred we all come together as ourselves, looking the way we're most comfortable with, like any other Shizzie get-together. This is already going to be so difficult emotionally and throwing unnecessary physical/social discomfort on top of that wouldn't really help anybody.

On a personal note, for my own mental health I've also been making an effort lately to express myself more with my outward appearance, and it's really demoralizing if/when I have to rein that in.

Yea. I'm with this. Let's be colorful and bright and celebrate and cry tears to celebrate. I'm landing before noon. Anything going on before the memorial? 

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#131 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

I'm honestly feeling pretty bad about not being able to go. Please know that I absolutely would want to be there if I could, but it just isn't going to work out for me. Is there maybe something happening late Saturday night or Sunday that I could call into or something?

I've been feeling bad about not going either; like I'm not being a good Shizzie or something by not being there to honor him or not being there to grieve with others. But I know that's not true and not what he'd think. A lot of us can't go and we just have to make sure to honor him at other gatherings/Shizz events. <----things I tell myself to sleep better at night

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#132 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

No one should feel bad if they can't make it. The hurricane of chaos makes everything feel so disorienting no matter what you do or don't do. Grief is a personal thing.

#133 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

I want to say I'm really sorry for those who can't make it. But please don't feel bad! It's a near impossible ask, but Daemon wouldn't want that. No one feels like people are being jerks by not going. This is sudden, expensive, and difficult to just slam into day to day life.

We'll be documenting it as much as possible, I think.

And yeah it's not a memorial exactly.. it's a ceremony. A celebration of his life. Dress exactly how you want. Don't feel guilty about anything.

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#134 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,236 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

I’ll bring a laptop and a webcam if people want to google hangout

#135 Warrior Bob

Warrior Bob

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Thanks everyone. You're the best.

Also Nate, can I just say thanks again for all the work you've been putting in coordinating and all. We really appreciate it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users