#31 Djinnocide

Djinnocide

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

Hey guys, Chris just sent me this:
"If you could maybe start a thread or something where everyone picks a video game song/original/cover/whatever and maybe a regular song associated with Sean that would be awesome. I am making a playlist for the memorial so it's going to be like 4 hrs of music in the background. We prob will highlight some songs to maybe observe as a group. But I thought it would be nice to include the suggestions of his friends in the playlist"

Mine is going to be and forever will be:
Vic Viper Double Dragon 2.
https://www.youtube....h?v=ok_yfvUo1Yk
At Magwest last year VV was playing and they played this.. but Sean wasn't in the room. A bit later he comes RUNNING in, devastated that he missed it. After a bit of banter VV says they're going to play it again specifically for him. Everyone in the room cheers.. and they play it again. He headbanged so hard and owned that song as his own personal concert, and it was.  No one in the room was upset, and I know people who didn't even know him were smiling at how pumped he was.

A true legend

Bubble Bobble. Come for the feel good, stay for two grown men dancing (Sean and I).

https://youtu.be/cmQfz1K1PxI

#32 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Haha fuck yeah!

#33 angry_polar_bear

angry_polar_bear

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

Mine is going to be and forever will be:
Vic Viper Double Dragon 2.
https://www.youtube....h?v=ok_yfvUo1Yk

At Magwest last year VV was playing and they played this.. but Sean wasn't in the room. A bit later he comes RUNNING in, devastated that he missed it. After a bit of banter VV says they're going to play it again specifically for him. Everyone in the room cheers.. and they play it again. He headbanged so hard and owned that song as his own personal concert, and it was. No one in the room was upset, and I know people who didn't even know him were smiling at how pumped he was.

A true legend

I was backstage freaking out at this point as we were up next, and I remember I thought I was going a little nuts because didn’t VV already play this? I didn’t know the story until this week. Legend indeed.

#34 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

This isn't loading for me, but the concert and that moment is captured on the magfest video stream which JMR was running sound for:

Also I found out Chris Taylor started a music thread when Sean died:

https://www.facebook...hc_location=ufi

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#35 Zoast

Zoast

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

I always think of the mega man 4 soundtrack when I think of daemon and VGM.

But seriously, MM4 has such an excellent soundtrack. It and CV2 are the first games I remember just leaving on and rocking out to the music to as a kid. I also find that with 4 I experience less of the sort of slightly off keyness of the MM3 soundtrack which I always found a little offputting. The only tracks on 4 I'm not super huge on are the Wily Castle ones, but considering that they're sandwiched between the Cossack amazingness and the epic-as-fuck Wily battle music... well, I can forgive it.

The robot master themes are just incredible.
Ring Man - Jazzy and awesome with some unique chord patterns in the intro
Dive Man - Driving rock with a bridge that sounds positively oceanic and beachy
Skull Man - Straight power metal headbanging action
Pharaoh Man - A little spastic with great construction and a wonderful weaving of strong melodies
Bright Man - Upbeat, a little dancy and it lets the bass take the lead (gotta love that opening lick)
Toad Man - Funky, great melodies and it just sounds like you're running through the sewer
Drill Man - Just great stuff, melodies are solid and the song makes some nice changes throughout
Dust Man - The intro haunting and has a melancholy sound to it that makes you wonder what a robot wandering through a trash facility that's probably littered with other robot parts would feel like.
Cossack's stages are pretty much perfect.

Fuck, I love that soundtrack.

Also, best boss music of the series.

.\|/.

#36 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

Oh god Djinn, thank you do much for posting that. My feels are at maximum feeling.

I mean, Sean was a big Castlevania 2 fan and I'd be remiss if I wasn't the one to say that Simon's Quest needs to be on the playlist as probably his favorite of the series, I just wish I'd take the opportunity to rock out to more CV tunage with him.

Put stuff by goat originally, but I think Ryan8bit's Tornado of Solos winner of "Dwelling of Doom" actually is a far better pick.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#37 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

This isn't loading for me, but the concert and that moment is captured on the magfest video stream which JMR was running sound for:

Also I found out Chris Taylor started a music thread when Sean died:

https://www.facebook...hc_location=ufi

hahah we'll nevvvver forget that.

5:40 I call him out, 7:25 we're looking for him, 14:30 he requests Double Dragon 2, 

Side note 24:45 check out how stoked he is at Buck O'Hare

31:30 he requests Double Dragon 2 and I tentatively agree.  36:40 we decide we have enough time to play it again, and that's Daemon front and center going nuts!

#38 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

Shevawn, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and history together. It feels great knowing that he was so close to someone and only getting closer still. I just really like thinking that he wasn't held back by his ex-wife, and it's clear that you were one of his many sources of positive energy, and love, and optimism.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#39 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

I always think of the mega man 4 soundtrack when I think of daemon and VGM.

But seriously, MM4 has such an excellent soundtrack. It and CV2 are the first games I remember just leaving on and rocking out to the music to as a kid. I also find that with 4 I experience less of the sort of slightly off keyness of the MM3 soundtrack which I always found a little offputting. The only tracks on 4 I'm not super huge on are the Wily Castle ones, but considering that they're sandwiched between the Cossack amazingness and the epic-as-fuck Wily battle music... well, I can forgive it.

The robot master themes are just incredible.
Ring Man - Jazzy and awesome with some unique chord patterns in the intro
Dive Man - Driving rock with a bridge that sounds positively oceanic and beachy
Skull Man - Straight power metal headbanging action
Pharaoh Man - A little spastic with great construction and a wonderful weaving of strong melodies
Bright Man - Upbeat, a little dancy and it lets the bass take the lead (gotta love that opening lick)
Toad Man - Funky, great melodies and it just sounds like you're running through the sewer
Drill Man - Just great stuff, melodies are solid and the song makes some nice changes throughout
Dust Man - The intro haunting and has a melancholy sound to it that makes you wonder what a robot wandering through a trash facility that's probably littered with other robot parts would feel like.
Cossack's stages are pretty much perfect.

Fuck, I love that soundtrack.

Also, best boss music of the series.

https://www.youtube....h?v=KV4J6oAcEuo

#40 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

If we're looking for songs associated with Sean, I'm gonna have to go with MYRONE's Exclusive Coupé:

https://myrone.bandc...xclusive-coup-4

I was really stoked to see (now a shizzie) MYRONE at the 1st MagWest. It turns out Sean was just excited. We were both front-and-center right next to each other the entire set. I was a jerk and kept yelling at MYRONE to play my favorite song, Exclusive Coupé. Sean kept having to reassure me that yes of course MYRONE would play it and it would come at the end of the set because it's such an amazing song. Sure enough that happened just as Sean predicted. Can you spot the 2 of us from the photo?

aSysO2u.jpg

(P.S. Why is Mig looking so sexy over on the side?)

We both recognized the song immediately. Sean's hands went up 1 second before my own.

Full MagWest set for reference (Exclusive Coupé is around 31:20): https://www.youtube....h?v=4sONWLkuI9w

DNa7A7D.jpg

#41 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:41 PM

I hope to see you at MAGWest. I'm pretty sure i got the Minibosses to play (gotta work out a few things but pretty sure it will happen), so it will be an awesome tribute to Sean.

I was thinking yesterday about reaching out to you to try and get the Minibosses this year. Just feels rigth. Glad to see you are already on it.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#42 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

hahah the last entry for KS.... https://www.urbandic...KS&defid=973278

#43 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone happen to still have the Daemon Connect 4 meme image? I think it's the one that first introduced me and many here to the legacy of that fucking beautiful tongue of his.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

Where does Mario poop in the airship? Behind his chair? In Cappy?

#44 Nario

Nario

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,303 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:29 PM

I got to meet him at MAGFest in the shizz suite. Positive and chill, yet filled with energy just waiting to be unleashed. He also had the longest tongue I've ever seen in person. We lost a good man. It was a pleasure to meet him. He will be missed.

#45 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone happen to still have the Daemon Connect 4 meme image? I think it's the one that first introduced me and many here to the legacy of that fucking beautiful tongue of his.

I completely forgot about this. That was a very good one..
PWN3D

shitty is now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users