165 replies to this topic

#46 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,255 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:27 PM

Does anyone happen to still have the Daemon Connect 4 meme image? I think it's the one that first introduced me and many here to the legacy of that fucking beautiful tongue of his.

Plzzzzzzz someone post this!!

I haven't written much, partly because...there's just no words.  Example: how do you use words to describe the very specific specialness of being 16, chatting on AIM to your friend in Las Vegas (a world away at the time) over your 56k connection?  How do you explain MAGfest without explaining theshizz...and how do you even explain THESHIZZ?  And so how do you put Daemon9623 into words?

But anyway, here's what I wrote when Extra Lives asked for "your favorite Daemon memory"

There's no one single memory I can pick.  It's more of a long, shared history of people with a lot in common, starting with the old Minibosses "Booger Board", which later migrated to theshizz as we know it now.  It's 19 years of friendship, starting with NES games, video game music, and stupid internet jokes, to meeting in real life at events that we all loved.  It's not a single moment or memory: it's a thousand of them, from the mind-blowing life-changing concerts we saw together, to the mundane tooth-brushing before bed wherever we were staying that night.  He was a great guy, through and through, and an absolutely integral part of this community that we've been immersed in for over half our lives.

#47 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

This still doesn't feel real to me

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#48 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

JohhnyPwned.jpg

JohnnyPwn3dprt2.jpg
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#49 JoeMusashi

JoeMusashi

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

Kareshi I was thinking about those pictures the other day. Man what a throwback those are. It's so funny the stuff that rattles around in your brain when you've been around here forever. Thanks for posting those.
mercatfat: no, man
circumcision has WAY better aerodynamics

mercatfat: it's like, you're driving an Element
and I'm in an Audi TT

#50 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:12 AM

yup, those pics were my first exposure to both Daemon and The Shizz humor and antics. Good memories. Who's the other guy?
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#51 minorfffanatic1

minorfffanatic1

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Minibosses Kraid. It was the first thing I saw him wearing in person. Either that or WEAPON GET. Because Simpsons gif thread.
Stupid public computers...

#52 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

yup, those pics were my first exposure to both Daemon and The Shizz humor and antics. Good memories. Who's the other guy?

The guy getting PWN3D. Duh!

#53 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

Hey guys, if people could also put any photos or videos you post in here into this google drive:
https://drive.google...Rur?usp=sharing

And if people could also upload their song choices into this folder:
https://drive.google...jWI?usp=sharing

That would help a lot. Want to use everything for the ceremony next week.

I figured I'd make a public link for people to add to. That way I don't have to hunt it all down.

LASTLY! If someone could take charge of the music side o this, making sure they grab the songs from the FB thread and other places, that would really be awesome. Thanks

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#54 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

JohhnyPwned.jpg

JohnnyPwn3dprt2.jpg

Holy mackerel, this era of the board feels like both a lifetime away/just yesterday... 

Apparently I joined up here in December 2003, not long after this! Hard to believe, man. God damn.

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#55 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Kareshiiiiiii, yes..

shitty is now.

#56 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,765 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

Something else that sticks in my mind...

Daemon was always super supportive and encouraging of my parenting. He often commented on facebook pics of my kids, as recent as only days before his death, with his typical enthusiasm. This guy easily could have been bitter about not getting to see his son but once a week, while having to look at people's facebook pics of their kids, and I wouldn't even blame him. But no, he was happy for me and my family, even though he was struggling with his own. That's the mark of a person who genuinely wants the best for everybody he meets.

Unfortunately, that's how you come to realize there's no sense in this world sometimes. We need more like him. I will try to be more like him. Memory eternal, Sean.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#57 thebeautyofgrind

thebeautyofgrind

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

Does anyone remember how we wanted to start a black metal band with Daemon called AQUAMENTUS?!  I was talking with Rubber Suit about it last night.

http://www.thebeauty...d.bandcamp.com/

"sausage biscuit"?? ok i'm outta here (closing menu, leaving)

#58 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:50 AM

Last week wrecked me pretty bad, but when i thought about doing artwork for the proposed Daemon Month for DoD, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Back in 2010 Daemon asked me to do album artwork for him. I can't believe it's been THAT long, but i dig out the message and had to smile at the way he asked me. Classic Daemon.

Daemonlove.jpg

The second post is his reaction to the beginning stages of the art. I always remembered that he was incredibly supportive and just pumped really, about whatever I gave him. As it's been said and said again, he was like this with everyone. I really enjoyed working with him. The end result was this:

Zombie-Cover.jpg

I really liked what we eventually came up with. In one conversation I talked about since it's chiptune, i should try  and make it chipy somehow. I came up with "pixel paint" style which is sorta like pointillism mixed with other things..

Anyway, as i said i knew what I wanted to do. So tonight I made this.

Daemon-Eternal.png

I really wish I thought of this for a birthday present instead of a death tribute. I would have loved seeing his face just light up with happiness.
I wish I kept better contact with him from way back in 2010. He drove up to Bay area events so frequently, and we always had a good time at shows, but my last PMs were from 2012.

I need to tell you guys, drawing his smiling face after we know the murderer took it from him.. felt like getting back at her. The only way I can. Somehow.
She can shoot his face but she can't take it away from us.
There was always so much joy in his eyes. Even with- and especially when, throwing up the horns.

I want to make at least one more image. Will probably do so tomorrow.

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#59 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:34 AM

fuck man - that’s too good

#60 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

It is very hard to find a picture of him from the past several years that doesn't involve Bit Brigade or Double (as he would say, "The Fuck!") Ferrari merch, and if you include all Shizz bands it's literally like 100% of pictures of him as an adult. I need to stop looking through them.

After the first magwest he had like 5 hours to kill before his flight so I drove him to Santa Cruz so he could see Travis while he was in the area. We got stuck in some serious traffic and I put on Double Ferrari, he gave me an in depth review of every single song, he fucking loved that album

If you think he might have had a favorite DF song, please feel free to upload it to the music dropbox. Or just the whole album, anyone who is on this board that would want a copy of it should have one at this point, it's basically a massive love letter to you guys (if you have the vinyl you know this is acknowledged in the liner notes). Maybe I'll do that later if I don't forget.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users