"You all know it, it's fuckin' Goonies 2." - Daemon9623
As a tribute to Daemon9623, Marshall Art is putting together a massive collaborative cover of the theme from Goonies 2.
We want everyone to be involved in this. Guitar. Bass. Drums. Synths. Piano. Vocals. Chiptunes. Didgeridoos. Anything.
In particular, we'd like to have a giant sing-a-long as a part of the song, so we encourage you to record yourself singing the melody. "Oh" and "whoa" sounds should do. Just imagine you're singing along at a Minibosses show.
If you have to, you can record your part on your cell phone. Call me and leave me a voice mail if you have to (PM me for my number). This is for Daemon. No excuses.
Some notes and ground rules:
- Tempo is 150 bpm. 149.985 bpm if that sort of precision is important to you.
- This is intended to be a fairly straight cover, so No Wrong Notes. Play the Right Notes only, please.
- ...unless you don't want to. If you improvise around the song, or play a solo, I'll still try to incorporate it.
- The triangle transcription is in the same octave as the original - if you want to play it an octave lower, That's Fine.
- Use the reference tracks! If I get a part and I can't easily make it sync up with everything else, I won't be inclined to use it much.
- Multiple takes / tones are encouraged! I can take dry & DI'd recordings as well, or midi data from any keyboardists.
- I don't intend to just plop everything into a DAW on top of each other and call it a day. I'm going to do loads of editing to fit things together in a sensible way. Every person's contribution will be used in some way, but don't be surprised if your part has been altered in the final song.
- Remember, you guys are shaping this arrangement! If you have a cool idea you want to try when you play your part, go ahead!
- 48kHz wave is preferred, but the audio format doesn't really matter. It's 2019. I can convert all that shit.
REFERENCE TRACKS: https://drive.google...gSyX-RVYMXsau
EDIT: google is being stupid, here's a zip with all of the reference waves: https://drive.google...JT7VEdTHYUuvajV
TABS, MIDI FILES, NSF: https://drive.google...NYgTKgEMOY19hLj
Deadline: May 20 2019.
Name your file like this:
"[ARTIST NAME] - [INSTRUMENT] - [PART].wav"
Part as in Pulse 1, Pulse 2, Solo, etc.
Multiple takes / versions can be labeled as such (ie "take 1", "DI", "distorted", etc).
Upload it to this folder: https://drive.google...lZ5Z370n2gM7NC-
Alternatively, email it to me at @ email@example.com
The earlier I get something, the better. I'm going to need a lot of time to put this together.