batslyadams

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

Telesplit - Multi-VGM DAW Project Generator

http://telesplit.com:5000

Automatically bounce individual tracks from multiple VGM types into a DAW project ready to record, no setup required. Simply upload a valid VGM format to the site and it will return a zip file with the entire project (or multiple in the case of NSF).

Input formats: Sega VGM/VGZ, SPC, NSF, GBS

Output formats: MP3 / RPP (Reaper)

Hi all,

Left mag feeling pretty inspired after goofing with a lot of you this year (and missing you in between) and after taking some time off from projects for personal reasons I went back to working on a handful of vgm tools I started in 2016. I ported this particular one to the web since I figured it would be the fastest way to get into a project and no one would have to deal with platform/devtool stuff, I know how valuable time is for everyone. It's ugly for now, and pretty plain in terms of features but I figured the sooner it's out the sooner it might be useful.

Up next: v0.2 - Ableton export, adjustable file format / render time / sample rate, multi-format batch zip upload, preset VST/DI setup injection, and a nicer website.

Some cool stuff:

• Handy as a practice tool, generated project preserves pitch on speed change by default so it’s easy to isolate tracks and loop sections

• Instant reference tracks and project in one click

• Automatic injection of .rpp file to merge DI/VST settings for live tracks ahead of time - i.e. live guitar with bias fx set to monitor etc (disabled for now)

• Track colors based on input system

• Automatic folder layout based on metadata in track (VGM/SPC only)

• Mecarobot Golf 100% compatible

Some limitations:

• No BPM/note detection, I've gotten this sort of working for VGM/SPC but it's unreliable
  • MP3s for now, can turn on WAVs but need to set a bandwidth limit
  • Audio length is fixed to 3:00, can't reliably detect the end of tracks but I'll make this a slider to set to the longest track fixed
  • The front-end interface currently sucks

Happy to cover server costs for as long as people find the tool useful and I'll continue working on any features / DAW / VGM formats that would improve workflow. Please be considerate of bandwidth / keep link between close friends/extended shizzies for now!

I’ll be putting out the other tools over the next couple of months but until then please let me know if you have any ideas, there may be some downtime over the next few days but it should be back up. Please let me know if you've used it successfully since I've only tested with a handful of vgm and I'm sure there are some quirks.

UQoOXGw.jpg

#2 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

Nice tool. It's a pity it doesn't work on Neo Geo VGMs. Also, is there gonna be an offline version?

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#3 batslyadams

batslyadams

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

Thanks! I'll look into how I can render them, I've only tried MD/SMS in the VGM format.

I'm happy to make an offline version if that's useful, I figured it would change a lot so having it be a web tool would be easier to deploy updates and have a GUI through the website / don't have to worry about cross platform.

#4 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

HOLY. SHIT.

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#5 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

take my money

also if you need help developing i would love to! i wonder if theres a way to do this for gameboy music

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#6 batslyadams

batslyadams

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

free forever, and let's hang soon

added untested GBS support this morning (can't use the .m3us at the moment, need to use the whole file) but it should accept the file if you don't mind trying!

edit: GBS looking good! just ran cvii through, will add color theme in next version

fWx0YTg.png

take me money

also if you need help developing i would love to! i wonder if theres a way to do this for gameboy music

#7 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

holy fucking shit, Batsly, you are too good for this world <3

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#8 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

also if I can help with any kind of server moderation or monitoring or something like that, let me know. this is so incredible

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#9 Smeg

Smeg

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

holy shit dude

#10 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

this is just great, trying some nsf's that seem to be working, but tried spc and pressed upload it didn't appear to do anything, not sure if there's anything i need to change on my end computer wise.  but yeah i'll start with some nsf's first and see how it goes.

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#11 batslyadams

batslyadams

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

also if I can help with any kind of server moderation or monitoring or something like that, let me know. this is so incredible

would appreciate this very much for the next part, i'll hit you up soon!

this is just great, trying some nsf's that seem to be working, but tried spc and pressed upload it didn't appear to do anything, not sure if there's anything i need to change on my end computer wise.  but yeah i'll start with some nsf's first and see how it goes.

thanks and just tried a few wild guns / mmx spcs and those worked okay, can you attach one that wasn't working if you get a chance? i'll try to debug after work today

#12 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Not sure where to attach but they were Mecarobot Golf and Chrono Trigger, i'll try mmx and wild guns and see if they work.

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#13 batslyadams

batslyadams

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Not sure where to attach but they were Mecarobot Golf and Chrono Trigger, i'll try mmx and wild guns and see if they work.

on it mostly so that i have an excuse to write "v1.0: major fix: mecarobot golf support"

spcs from here worked

https://www.zophar.n.../mecarobot-golf

i'll check if there are any issues with certain revisions - one thing to check might be if the filename has an additional '.' (since it might not recognize it as a .spc file anymore)

#14 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Tried an EWJ vgm, worked like a charm! 

An idea: link it to a vgm database (like zophar or modland) so there's no need to upload a file

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#15 darmock

darmock

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Thank you so much for making this Batsly!!

Less talk. More synthehol.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users