Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

Entries are up for Treasure month!

http://dwellingofdue...19-06-treasure/

4 mains, not too shabby but I know you guys can do better :P

The listening party will be hosted today at 2PM over at www.twitch.tv/dwellingofduels , and I'll be hanging out in voice chat in our discord server afterwards for a bit.

Votes are due on July 1st at noon!

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 corysbeard

corysbeard

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:48 PM

Alien Soldier - Blacksheep
I really enjoyed the chaotic arrangement on this one and the FM synthesis--going off on those crazy 16th or 32nd notes or whatever they were. I really enjoyed the guitar and bass tone. I really like gritty overall production liket his. The drums are what need work though. The kick didn't really sit well with the bass most of the time and the snare (or maybe the kit overall) was just too low in the mix.

Guardian Heroes - Brave Parade
Good mixing, but maybe the lead guitar is sitting low in the mix. Delicious reverb on literally everything though. Excellent playing.

Ikaruga - Where No Bird Has Gone Before
I absolutely love weird references out of nowhere. I mean, I assume it's out of nowhere, I never played Ikaruga. But yeah, I'm here for Star Trek and Skynyrd. Great mix on this one and excellent playing, but some of those bass slaps were off time. I feel like this song may have taken a bit too long to end, like it hung around that chord progression about 40 seconds longer than it needed to.

Yu Yu Hakusho Makyō Tōitsusen - Subspace
This song took too long to begin. It hung around the intro about 40 seconds longer than it needed to. I really love when the anime intro comes in but indifferent on what bookends it. But that middle section fucking slaps. Great guitar tone there. Felt weird that it kept going back and forth between fake toms and real(er) sounding toms/hats.

#3 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

Yu Yu Hakusho! <3

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#4 armor

armor

Shizz Master Zero