urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

OK it's official. Feel free to add to it or whatever

https://en.wikipedia...th_a_sound_test

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#2 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:58 PM

The Lion King (SNES)
DKC2 (SNES)
Star Fox 64 (N64)
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#3 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:04 PM

Do said sound tests have to be unlocked for the beginning or can they be locked behind a code?

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

It's because pooping is the shared human experience. It's a universal language, like Jazz.

#4 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:17 PM

I'll probably dig into my games over the next couple of weeks and list some more for you.

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#5 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

Do said sound tests have to be unlocked for the beginning or can they be locked behind a code?

Either/or as long as it's listed how you access it. Really anything that isn't service mode in arcade games since most of them have that feature. 

Cool, thx MegaMatt. 

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#6 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

Crap, there used to be a good way to search GameFaqs for games with Sound Test codes (Google search "sound test" site:gamefaqs.com/console/nes/code)

That no longer works and trying to search GameFaqs in general will mostly give you message board posts. If you could find a way to search just their Cheats sections, it would be a great resource.

#7 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

tcrf.net probably has it covered, that's where I got most of them

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#8 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:57 AM

Ghouls N Ghosts (Genesis) and Super Ghouls N Ghosts (SNES) hve one
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#9 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:20 AM

Musicruise > sound tests

You will control a battletoad

#10 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Musicruise > sound tests

If I remember correctly Ninja gaiden 2 has a bunch of different sound menus. Also, adventure island 2 "Contains arguably one of the fullest-featured debug menus ever seen in a commercially-released NES game"

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#11 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

Anyone have access to Legacy of the Wizard NES and 2 controllers? I wanted to confirm these cheats. Could get me some kudos over at TCRF.net

https://archive.org/...up/search/music

Also because I need to cite some sources so maybe the wiki wizards won;'t kill my page

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#12 Nuttz the Squirrel

Nuttz the Squirrel

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:21 PM

Here's some for Genesis:

• Castlevania: Bloodlines (in the options menu)
  • Dragon's Fury (in the options menu)
  • Dune: The Battle for Arrakis (in the options menu)
  • Elemental Master (at the title screen, hold down A and push Start)
  • Gauntlet 4 (in the options menu)
  • Gunstar Heroes (in the options menu)
  • Herzog Zwei (in the main configuration menu)
  • Lightening Force (at the title screen, hold down A and push Start)
  • Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (in the options menu)
  • Shinobi III (in the options menu)
  • Snow Bros.: Nick & Tom (in the options menu)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (at the title screen, push Up, Down, Left, Right and you'll hear a sound. Then, hold A and push Start)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (in the options menu)
  • Splatterhouse 3 (in the options menu)
  • Streets of Rage (in the options menu)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (in the options menu)
  • Streets of Rage 3 (in the options menu)
  • Thunder Force III (at the title screen, hold down A and push Start)
  • Warsong (during the Player Phase, move the cursor 1 space right and 1 space down from the top-left corner of the map. Then, hold down B until the sound test appears)

#13 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

More Sega Genesis:

Langrisser 2 (J) (just like Warsong, go to map coordinates (1,1) during the Player Phase and hold B until the sound test appears)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (up up down down up up up up during the opening sequence, has to be done with very specific timing. Sound test will appear as a third selection on the title screen)
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (available from the in-game pause menu)

#14 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Don’t take this the wrong way, but one of the big reasons I decided to try this as a wiki was so people could directly add to it themselves.

If you’re not interested, feel free to post here and I can add entries when I can. Just wanted to put that out there, as I have other stupid pet projects I need to start/finish

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#15 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

Musicruise > sound tests

LOL, speak of the devil...

tumblr_pwo6f2Fad11vezrvso1_540.jpg

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wikipedia, lowpursuit, urvile, music, sound, audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users