50 replies to this topic

#16 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

Pretty much echo what everyone else has already said. I wouldn't be the person I am, doing the things I do and knowing who I know without the Minibosses and subsequently this place.

You all are my family and things wouldn't be like they are if Snappleman hadn't said "Yo, fuck OCR nuking unmod. Come to the Minibosses forum."

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#17 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

I remember the first time I heard them, I thought, "eh, Ailsean is better".

#18 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

Yeah but Ailsean never covered Goonies 2 or Mega Man 2.

#19 brodan

brodan

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Greatest band in the world

Second only to Limp Bizkit.

And third only to P.O.D.

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#20 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

They're great. You're great.

banner.png

#21 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:49 PM

Got to see these guys way back in '03 when they played at Meltdown Comics in L.A. I also learned of them through Napster or Limewire or whatever download service was the shit during that time. I thought I had grown bored with video games until I listened to their music. I've never stopped enjoying them since.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

It's because pooping is the shared human experience. It's a universal language, like Jazz.

#22 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,092 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

I listened to them after the NESkimos.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#23 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,456 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:36 AM

Yeah but Ailsean never covered Goonies 2 or Mega Man 2.

heh, he didnt need to after the bosses inspired me to cover it 7 different ways and the bosses super epic full mm2 medley, ahaha. even i wouldnt mess around with mm2 after they went that hard on it. once they put flashman and bubbleman in there it was all over.

Posted Image

#24 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 8,659 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:24 AM

i had read about the Minibosses years before i saw them and then when i first did ( i believe at Modified) felt really neat that the band i had seen in blurbs before was now local. i didnt even know this board/community was a thing until much later after that and at first only used the phoenix forum which was basically just a local music board to supplement my other ones azpunk and arizonahardcore. the first time i wandered over and clicked into this place felt like being thrown into the deep end of a very nerdy pool but you guys were all awesome. i know i am not as much a part of the tight knit community from back in the day but everyone i have met from here has been awesome and i've made some real good friends and had adventures i wouldn't have had, as well as pies. theres been a multitude of pies.

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#25 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

I found out about the band on ZOPHAR'S DOMAIN

You will control a battletoad

#26 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:25 PM

DoD brought me here. VGMix led me to DoD. OCRemix led me to VGMix. Ares led me to OCRemix. Back in 2004.

It has been a nice run. Congrats everyone for having the most amazing community on the interwebs.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#27 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

DoD brought me here. VGMix led me to DoD. OCRemix led me to VGMix. Ares led me to OCRemix. Back in 2004.
It has been a nice run. Congrats everyone for having the most amazing community on the interwebs.

This is a familiar trajectory, except that I was reading Overclocked back when it was only a shitty webcomic.

#28 universal_justin

universal_justin

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:50 PM

Got to see these guys way back in '03 when they played at Meltdown Comics in L.A.

Amazing night... Set lists were great, the shirtless guy on the roof, the top fuel show a couple hours after the meltdown show, during the Fred and Ben era!  I was 18, so I had to sneak into top fuel (21+) to see it.  Filmed both shows with some cameras I rented, I watch them every now and again and get double nostalgic.  I'm hoping the Top Fuel videos will pop up someday, I lost all the original and digital copies years ago.

quartercirclejab.bandcamp.com - VGM Cover Band

goodrich.bandcamp.com - Synthwave

#29 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

I posted on a local music forum about wanting to cover some vg songs.  and someone said "like the minibosses?"

So I checked out the website, ordered the first cd, and life changed forever.

I still remember when I got CD.  I stayed at a friend's house overnight.  In the morning, it was snowing, so I called my mom to say that I was gonna drive home now.  And she said I had a package in the mail.  :)

70513658_10100195063969164_5277526380190

#30 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:52 AM

I hope they stay safe when they can drink for the first time next year!  :P  

Some of my songs are old enough to drive  :lol:

I don't have the full tape (I sent it to them and they never released it :( ), but this is one of my first Minibosses shows in early 2004! People were running around naked on campus and the Bosses were watching horse races on TV. We got jumbo sushi afterwards  :D

Lots of great memories over the years  :wub:

(If the Bosses see this, I can transfer and send you raw footage of those 8mm tapes I sent you if you still have them!!)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minibosses, music, video games, music and video games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users