70 replies to this topic

#31 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,456 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

ill cut down some drumx this weekend here big xocy. would you like any particular bpm's or any percussive direction at all?

i'll get ya a buncha cymbal swells and the whole rigamarole too. i know you dont have access to drum equipment right now so i can totally lay it out for ya. i also got multiple snares now and i can hang different cymbals in here too.

Posted Image

#32 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:04 PM

Yo, XOC. For drums.. do you want stems? or just mixed down to one .wav?

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#33 xoc

xoc

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

ill cut down some drumx this weekend here big xocy. would you like any particular bpm's or any percussive direction at all?

i'll get ya a buncha cymbal swells and the whole rigamarole too. i know you dont have access to drum equipment right now so i can totally lay it out for ya. i also got multiple snares now and i can hang different cymbals in here too.

Nothing should be all that particular; whatever I get, I use. The BPM is entirely IN YOUR P0WAR!

That goes for everyone - don't think of how it might be useful, or match up with other stuff. If anything, the more rando the better.

Yo, XOC. For drums.. do you want stems? or just mixed down to one .wav?

That's really up to you. If you like the way it's mixed, it could be recorded - on anything - as a single file.

I think a rule should be that I can ask only for amounts of specific instrumentation (more basslines, more vocals, etc), but not for anything that would save any steps, if that makes sense.

I forget which song/album, but someone sent me a melody line, and then another track of harmonies to it. I did use them together in the (I think) intended way, but it still felt like cheating.

[The obvious big exception was Stemage's almost-complete tune from HF3. I couldn't believe he wouldn't keep it for himself, so I tried to balance that by admitting so in the lyrics.]

xoc projects and more at
TRASH CAN EAGLE RECORDS
TCE_TILT_SHIZZ_sig.png

also
XOC t00bin XOC feceBook
HEAVY FRIENDS FIVE IS HAPPENING CONTRIBUTE! JOIN US! frrrrrrrrreinnnddd...

#34 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

Sent ya some drums and some guitar riffs!

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#35 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:28 PM

I just sent off some guitar riffs to this. I decided to dig deep into some old riffs that I had (some from 2007!) and reworked them to sound more listenable since I was pretty lame at the guitar back then. I'm going to dig back some more and rework what's there because some of the riffs I came up with are pretty good if I rework them haha

#36 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Rotf I picture Weener yelling “you little shits!” To a bunch of confused peacocks

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#37 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • 12,320 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

There's also a deafening swarm of feral parrots that usually swoops through my neighborhood at dawn and sunset. Haven't heard them for awhile. WHERE IS BIRD NOISE WHEN I NEED IT?

#38 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

I submitted some more old riffs. Man, I was really into the harmonic minor scale when I was younger.

#39 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • 12,320 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

I set up my bass gear for the first time in years for this, but I haven't come up with any original riffs I'm not ashamed to send to xoc yet. However, I can remember a surprising number of Meatwhistle songs from 15 years ago.

#40 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

I don't have any instruments as per usual but I do have some stuff installed that I never use so maybe something comes out of that.

If nothing else I can always find something to bang on.

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#41 xoc

xoc

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

I submitted some more old riffs. Man, I was really into the harmonic minor scale when I was younger.

I how have 10 GiRS riffs rigth here, thass what I'm talkin about!

I set up my bass gear for the first time in years for this, but I haven't come up with any original riffs I'm not ashamed to send to xoc yet. However, I can remember a surprising number of Meatwhistle songs (a band I was in from about age 17 to 21).

No shame! I think the very last contribution I got for HF4 was from Chunkstyle, and it was just 7 seconds of bass feedback. Still useful!

xoc projects and more at
TRASH CAN EAGLE RECORDS
TCE_TILT_SHIZZ_sig.png

also
XOC t00bin XOC feceBook
HEAVY FRIENDS FIVE IS HAPPENING CONTRIBUTE! JOIN US! frrrrrrrrreinnnddd...

#42 Bano

Bano

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:14 PM

I submitted some things! I got one of my dogs involved. What a good day for a good boy!

#43 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • 12,320 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

I actually recorded a bass track for this.

I don't have any guitar picks anymore so I played it with a quarter. What has my life become?

#44 Mr. Quiet

Mr. Quiet

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:14 AM

I was lucky enough to be working in a neighborhood full of peacocks today and I wanted to get some Heavy Friends field recordings because they scream like a woman and it's SO ANNOYING. But this was the one time ever the little shits were quiet.

Maybe I'll go back tonight.

You happen to be in Mansfield? There's a neighborhood full of peacocks and I always used to bike with my ex in that area. That's unique to me, unless it's normal to have peacocks hanging out in neighborhoods.

Welcome, my son. Welcome to the simulation.

#45 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • 12,320 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

It was in Arcadia, near the L.A. Arboretum. I ran into another peacock neighborhood in La Cañada Flintridge but I don't know if I could find it again.

P.S. I'm the person you met at Bit Brigade who talked you into signing up here. Welcome!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users