#1 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

#1 Mega Beardo - Yoshi's Island - Bones in the Flower Garden - good +0.22
#2 Cory Johnson - Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D World - Luigi's Beach House - good -0.2
#3 Czyszy - Ghosts 'n Goblins, Mega Man 7, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Treat Suite - above average +0.29
#4 Adam - Pokemon Red/Blue - Giovanni's Day Off - above average +0.17
#5 Ian Martyn - My Little Pony: Friendship Gardens - Lay Me to Rest in the Friendship Gardens (Friendship Is Tragic) - above average -0.36
#6 newip - Final Fantasy 1 - Silent Town - above average -0.41
#7 tibone - DuckTales - Duck Is A Lady - average +0.47
Voters: 8

Congrats to Mega Beardo, Cory Johnson, and Czyszy on the win for Trick or Treat Month!

19-11-MasterSystem.jpg

Next month' theme is Sega Master System! Any music from any game released on this often-forgotten little system is fair game. Regular rules apply.

Entries due by 11:59 PM Eastern on November 28th.

Thanks to Impact Soundworks, the winner will be getting a prize - one of the following ISW libraries: Shreddage Drums, Shreddage Bass 2, Shreddage, Shreddage 2 or Super Audio Cart!

Also: Did you know that we now have a Discord server? As well as a whole new Music Player? Keep up with the times!

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,457 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:30 PM

grats you guys. all 7 tracks were really cool i thought. but yo, czyszy homie...your track stole my heart. really dug the vocals in that one. great work all around.

Posted Image

#3 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

* thinking emoji *

toopunk2lose.png

#4 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:06 AM

Totally didn't expect the 3rd place. Thank you! Last time I did something like this (MM2 vs. MM3 month) I was placed last (out of 9 entries). But anyway, the general idea behind it was to take the theme from Ghost & Goblins (which is the main theme of this song), the Shademan theme from MM7 and the Nighttime theme from CV2, turn them into dreamy major tracks and build a suite around them. I used the minimoog emulation VSTi quite extensively here and also I used my own drum samples. BTW the laugh at around 20:49 is Klogg's laugh from The Neverhood.

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#5 cacomistle

cacomistle

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

if you ever want a month to go by fast, tell yourself that you'll enter DoD.  The month will be over in no time! (and you won't have worked on your song at all)

I had a lot of ideas for October, but didn't get around to any of them.  I'm excited to listen to these songs.

70513658_10100195063969164_5277526380190

#6 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

I have convinced my band to do this. Luckily, our drummer is a big fuckin'  nerd as well and knew some SMS tracks off the top of his head, and we're going to try to make this happen.

toopunk2lose.png

#7 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

Looks like we won't have time to finish a recording with the holidays and people being out of town, but we'll finish it on our own, and I'll of course share it, unless the song can fit next month's theme :lol:

toopunk2lose.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users